Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Thread: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

I'm shocked!! I really am. I don't get into the predicting business, because upsets do occour, but winning only 3 matches and a former national champ who was a TD/tilt machine not being able to score 3 points against a virtual beginner...........I did not see that coming. Good thing my happines does NOT depend upon sports results, or me, a Kansas(lost 7 straight after winning 5 straight) and Bears fan would pulling out the little hair that i have left.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by TLV View Post
    a Kansas(lost 7 straight after winning 5 straight) and Bears fan would pulling out the little hair that i have left.
    I'm a K.U. and Bears fan too!
    Sucks, doesn't it.

People can laugh, but you all put waaay too much stock into him making the world team(and promptly losing at the tournament) Making that team was a good accomplishment but to me it never meant he was "back." To make the world team he had to beat the guy who placed 6th at the olympic trials a year before. The two olympic trials finalists did not even compete. His most impressive win to me was not the 4 ball grabs over Paulson, it was beating Churella in the mini tournament.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I don't think anyone is really putting his making of the world team as the litmus test for how good he is or could be. I think its the national title and the other two AA finishes that lead me to believe he could get back there again. This is the guy that lost to DiSalvo and then came back and put a couple of ass-whoopings on Esposito. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I don't think anyone is really putting his making of the world team as the litmus test for how good he is or could be. I think its the national title and the other two AA finishes that lead me to believe he could get back there again. This is the guy that lost to DiSalvo and then came back and put a couple of ass-whoopings on Esposito. We'll see.
    How can you say people didnt put stock in it? He was 7th at 149, took a year off, made a world team now he's 1st at 165? Theres no other event other than that that could have made him rise so high.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Redshirt

Wow as much as I like Meade I was hoping he would school him. I dont know about Dustin sometimes I was really hoping he could come back and win it. Well season just started I hope he can turn it around

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    How can you say people didnt put stock in it? He was 7th at 149, took a year off, made a world team now he's 1st at 165? Theres no other event other than that that could have made him rise so high.
    Why are you using "people" and "they"...the only people having him ranked so high are the pundits at intermat and d1collegewrestling.net, you need to ask them that. Its not inconceivable that he could still get used to this weight throughout the season and end up on top. I think how the weights end up at the end of the year can sometimes be drastically different from how they start. Conditioning sometimes plays a part as does getting used to a new weight. Ness didn't look so great at the beginning of last year but once he got to NCAA's, he looked considerably better.

I did not get to see the schlatter match but when you can't get a takedown and your ranked #1 you don't deserve to win the match.... Schlatter's one of my favorite wrestlers and probably is the reason i am as interested in watching it as I am today but any time you wrestle defensively...sure you are going to be in every match....... but so is your opponent.....one mistake and there is a good chance you are going to lose to division 1 talent.....don't care what the guy is ranked or how inexperienced he might be

just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    People can laugh, but you all put waaay too much stock into him making the world team(and promptly losing at the tournament) Making that team was a good accomplishment but to me it never meant he was "back." To make the world team he had to beat the guy who placed 6th at the olympic trials a year before. The two olympic trials finalists did not even compete. His most impressive win to me was not the 4 ball grabs over Paulson, it was beating Churella in the mini tournament.
    In that tournament he also shut out Howe (165's runner up) with 2 TDs... I think that "legitimized" the ranking some.