Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast
Results 100 to 108 of 121

Thread: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

  1. #100

    Default Re: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

    I'm shocked!! I really am. I don't get into the predicting business, because upsets do occour, but winning only 3 matches and a former national champ who was a TD/tilt machine not being able to score 3 points against a virtual beginner...........I did not see that coming. Good thing my happines does NOT depend upon sports results, or me, a Kansas(lost 7 straight after winning 5 straight) and Bears fan would pulling out the little hair that i have left.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

  2. #101
    World Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by TLV View Post
    a Kansas(lost 7 straight after winning 5 straight) and Bears fan would pulling out the little hair that i have left.
    I'm a K.U. and Bears fan too!
    Sucks, doesn't it.

  3. #102

    Default Re: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

    People can laugh, but you all put waaay too much stock into him making the world team(and promptly losing at the tournament) Making that team was a good accomplishment but to me it never meant he was "back." To make the world team he had to beat the guy who placed 6th at the olympic trials a year before. The two olympic trials finalists did not even compete. His most impressive win to me was not the 4 ball grabs over Paulson, it was beating Churella in the mini tournament.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #103

    Default Re: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

    I don't think anyone is really putting his making of the world team as the litmus test for how good he is or could be. I think its the national title and the other two AA finishes that lead me to believe he could get back there again. This is the guy that lost to DiSalvo and then came back and put a couple of ass-whoopings on Esposito. We'll see.

  5. #104

    Default Re: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I don't think anyone is really putting his making of the world team as the litmus test for how good he is or could be. I think its the national title and the other two AA finishes that lead me to believe he could get back there again. This is the guy that lost to DiSalvo and then came back and put a couple of ass-whoopings on Esposito. We'll see.
    How can you say people didnt put stock in it? He was 7th at 149, took a year off, made a world team now he's 1st at 165? Theres no other event other than that that could have made him rise so high.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  6. #105
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South San Francisco, Ca
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

    Wow as much as I like Meade I was hoping he would school him. I dont know about Dustin sometimes I was really hoping he could come back and win it. Well season just started I hope he can turn it around

  7. #106

    Default Re: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    How can you say people didnt put stock in it? He was 7th at 149, took a year off, made a world team now he's 1st at 165? Theres no other event other than that that could have made him rise so high.
    Why are you using "people" and "they"...the only people having him ranked so high are the pundits at intermat and d1collegewrestling.net, you need to ask them that. Its not inconceivable that he could still get used to this weight throughout the season and end up on top. I think how the weights end up at the end of the year can sometimes be drastically different from how they start. Conditioning sometimes plays a part as does getting used to a new weight. Ness didn't look so great at the beginning of last year but once he got to NCAA's, he looked considerably better.

  8. #107

    Default Re: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

    I did not get to see the schlatter match but when you can't get a takedown and your ranked #1 you don't deserve to win the match.... Schlatter's one of my favorite wrestlers and probably is the reason i am as interested in watching it as I am today but any time you wrestle defensively...sure you are going to be in every match....... but so is your opponent.....one mistake and there is a good chance you are going to lose to division 1 talent.....don't care what the guy is ranked or how inexperienced he might be

    just my 2 cents

  9. #108
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    People can laugh, but you all put waaay too much stock into him making the world team(and promptly losing at the tournament) Making that team was a good accomplishment but to me it never meant he was "back." To make the world team he had to beat the guy who placed 6th at the olympic trials a year before. The two olympic trials finalists did not even compete. His most impressive win to me was not the 4 ball grabs over Paulson, it was beating Churella in the mini tournament.
    In that tournament he also shut out Howe (165's runner up) with 2 TDs... I think that "legitimized" the ranking some.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •