- Nice job by LeValley through out the match staying in tight on the feet and trying to work a 2 on 1 (sometimes it resembled a russian, sometimes it looked just like a straight 2 on 1) to slow Metcalf down.
Not quite as blatant as what Jake Patacsil used to do but seemingly equally if not more effective since LeValley was bringing the 2 on 1 up high and tight into his body not just clinging to the wrist out in front ala Patacsil.
Less likely to get called for stalling (like Patacsil eventually would get hit for) and it gives you a little more control since you've got it tight to you.
- As Zapp notes, some crazy right knee flexibility by LeValley on several single leg attempts by Metcalf during the match.
- Thought the high crotch at around the 2:30 mark might have been stalemated a little quickly. Judging by the chuckle from the guys filming the match, so did they.
- Maybe the loudest cheer I've heard from a crowd after a 0-0 first period.
- In terms of the double that went out of bounds, when they landed just from what it looks like on the video they both went out of bounds with their legs up off of the mat and then when their legs came back down it made it look like they were back in bounds. If this makes sense.
- Nice job by both guys in the situation at around the 7:15 mark. I assume this was the shot that Zapp mentions that LeValley nearly countered. LeValley did a great job rubber kneeing around getting his leg straight getting his leg straight and attacking the grip on his right foot. To Metcalf's credit as soon as LeValley broke the grip on his right foot he immediately grabbed it again to prevent that TD.
- Credit to LeValley for legitimately going after the TD at the end and trying to win the match there. He took the last three or four shots. That single that he had at the buzzer could have made things very interesting if he'd had 5-10 more seconds on the clock. Metcalf however does have very good leg defense even when guys are in on him (one of the most underrated parts of his game in my opinion) so it obviously wouldn't have been guaranteed.
- Overall good tough wrestling by both guys.