Page 98 of 179 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108148 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Morschman View Post
    Anyone know what happened in the rape case with Andrew Long? I guess I never really heard the results of that case/trial?
    I haven't caught any updates locally, but the news has been covering something else. I assume it is still working it's way through the legal pathways, which could take a few more months before we start hearing more on it.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    Anyone know if Martellotti is still on pace to join the team after Christmas break?
    He will be at the NLO unattached. He should be a go for the Scuffle.

Btw in case no one knew...

NCAA champ Bubba Jenkins makes pro MMA debut at Tachi Palace Fights 11 | MMAjunkie.com

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    He will be at the NLO unattached. He should be a go for the Scuffle.

Btw in case no one knew...

NCAA champ Bubba Jenkins makes pro MMA debut at Tachi Palace Fights 11 | MMAjunkie.com
    Ironic that Martelotti (as the presumed starter at 133) will make his debut at the Scuffle, when last year Pataky (as the presumed starter over Martelotti) made his debut at the scuffle. Different reasons for the timing of the debut of course.

The Wrestling Gods work in mysterious ways.
    Nice catch on that one.

Chris Huerta out, Bubba Jenkins draws Jason Williams at Tachi Palace Fights 11 | MMAjunkie.com
    NCAA Champ Jenkins Gets New Opponent for Tachi Palace Fights 11
    Updated matchup for Bubba is facing a former Iowa Central and CA state champ wrestler
    It cracks me up that most of the articles talk about Bubba's "clash" with Cael and championship season at ASU, yet show his team photo from PSU. It looks like his sophomore year shot with the short hair. Definitely not the wild hair smile big look.

Any coverage for the NLO?

2011 Nittany Lion Open.pdf (application/pdf Object) (Brackets)

Flo is setting up now for the Finals

Time for some post-NLO thoughts:
    (I'm sure I'll miss some guys, there were a lot)

125 - Nico Megaludis very nice tournament after the slow first match. I hope this is something that gets some momentum going. Not a lot of competition, though I think Fought is solid as he had a good tournament and Meg totally handled him in the finals. Speaking of Fought, he knocked down Conaway, who had a nice little tournament of his own.

133 - Derek Reber - I don't know why he had to med drop. I hope it was planned to do so after a couple matched rather than a reinjury (or a new one)
    Frank Martellotti - Yikes, I was hoping for a finals appearance by him. Then again, he hasn't weighed in and wrestled in a year, so maybe there was some rust/jitters. If so, I'm glad he got some matches in. Again, not sure about the medical default - I reallllly hope it was a plan, not an injury.

141 - Sam Sherlock - I don't know Sullivan, but I don't think anyone from Columbia should be beating the guys who want to start for us. Yet another forfeit, again I hope no injury.
    141 - Bryan Pearsall - Losing the first and only match to an unattached kid from Binghampton is a BAD tournament.
    141 - Luke Frey - Well, one good win. Apparently he got sick too? What's going on???

149 - Andrew Alton - I was really hoping to see him lose to Molinaro in the finals. Vinson is fine, but I think AA should beat him. I'd like to see that match to get a feel for what kind of 8-6 it really was. Not a bad day though.
    149 - Frank Molinaro - Wow. Not a lot of competition, and none of them stood a chance! Putting Vinson on the deck in 1:30 makes him sound like the #1 kid in the country.
    149 - Seth Beitz - Not bad for the young guy.

157 - The intrasquad weight class!! Dylan Alton did what he should do, though I would like to see his finals against Fleming. I'm not surprised about the loss in the finals, but I would like to see how he went down. I don't love LBF, though Fleming can be nasty. Nick Fischer - About as expected. James Vollrath - Ahh, so close to making it a wrestle-off final. I really like this kid. 1-0 against Fleming Argh!

165 - David Taylor - I wish he could have knocked out both Asper and Fittery, but when you get the one seed, you don't get to wrestle #2 and #3. He is just awesome. I guess I can say I'm happy to see pins coming along with the TFs. And I love that Fittery came to the tournament this year.

174 - Ed Ruth - Nothing really needs to be said here... maybe that the finals score should not be that close (see Sheptock below).
    174 - Matt Brown - Losing to Sheptock is respectable for a young guy, but I'd like to see him turn that around by the end - better yet middle - of the season.

184 - Quentin Wright - Destroyed what looked like a weak weight class. I like the momentum thing, but I'd like to see one or two middle to top guys to get a real feel for Q's day.

197 - Justin Ortega - Really?
    Morgan McIntosh - Losing in the finals to#20 is not bad in your first college tournament, but it is not good given everyone's expectations (including Cael's and his own).

285 - Nick Ruggear and Gingrich had decent days. Gingrich had a very close match (by score) with Spencer Myers. In this rematch of NLWC alumni, that is a sign of good progress for Jon. Now getting to Cameron Wade. In my love/hate relationship with Wade, I am hoping this was the tournament he needed ot kickstart his AA season. As bad as he has looked so far this year, he destroyed the field. Pinning McCorkle (who beat Myers) in the finals IN 1:30, sounds really good. I don't know McCorkle though. I would have liked to see how Wade did with Myers, who I have a much better feel for. Can I believe in this guy????

The 157 final is up on flo. Dylan was up 4-1 and in on a shot when flemming locked up a cradle and stuck him
    Gold is an idiot.