Page 171 of 179 FirstFirst ... 71121161168169170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,539 of 1606

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    It's a pretty good class Kurt, but I'm sure if we search we could find a few others that have better high school credentials than this one. The determination of how good they really are will be made when they are done at PSU.
    I did realize all of that when I posted that Herk; I was just trying to start a discussion AND see who has extensive knowledge of recruiting history. Mine is limited to PSU & even that is mostly the 70s, 80s & last 5 years.

I am completely open to folks edge-u-ma-kating me on other's programs historic recruiting classes.

Obviously Haines & Chance arent going to be there so that diminishes that ranking a bit but hey I trust that Cael creates the team he needs. I think in the long run those guys are going to find the programs that fit them the best. And I think ultimately Cael & company will create the team they want.
    Last edited by kr1963; 12-11-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Hey guys these are my pix from the 2013 NCAAs. Only took me 9 months to get them here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013 Apple IPhone pictures 083.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	3128Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013 Apple IPhone pictures 085.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	3129Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013 Apple IPhone pictures 084.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	3130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013 Apple IPhone pictures 086.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	3131Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0322132110.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	3132Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0324130025.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	3133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0324130026.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	3134Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0324130036.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	3135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-24 00.13.16.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	306.0 KB 
ID:	3136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0324130041.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	3137

top row
    The first 3 pix are team pix from the SID along with DT's Bonus award (I believe)

This is the sort of thing that only happens in wrestling but I was talking to Coach Fritz & his brother Bernie when who shows up but Wade Schalles & Kenny Monday! The year Fritz won his 126 b NCAA title over Milkovich, he was also one of my Junior High school's assistants. Plus I ran into him when we both at the Seoul Olympics in 88.

Coach Cael & I; he was gracious enough to to pose & talk to any PSWC member who wanted to.

Ed Ruth's parents flank Jake Varner's Mom Jan.

Bottom row
    The voice of PSU WR Jeff Byers who also graduated from my HS a few years after me.

Ed's brother, Me, The Truth & his Dad. It was a fun after party for sure....

Ed & I goofin

Also I just want to thank the Ruth's & all the other PSWC members who helped me get to DM for these championships & the awesome front tickets they got me! I am truly blessed to have met all you guys & to have gotten all of your support!

Great photos Kurt! And glad that you had a great time.

Anyone see how the Alton Brothers looked on Sunday? I know they both won but judging by the scores it wasn't a cake walk for either, especially Andrew.

I don't think that you should judge the Alton's by looking at their results. They have tremendous potential and everyone says that they will be superstars. Cale is working on a proposal to shorten matches to 4 minutes. We should see them then.
    Last edited by jammen; 01-13-2014 at 12:55 PM.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

I didn't see the matches, so I'm only basing on what I heard from some others. I think DA looked fine and dominated the match (even if the score wasn't too high). AA did gas and it's still not clear what it is: rust/working back into shape; weight cut; other.

I understand that both Altons are entered in the Shorty Hitchock tournament this weekend (instead of wrestling in the dual matches; if they indeed wrestle there)--presumably to get more matches. I'm not worried about Dylan, but I am puzzled about Andrew. Time will tell. He's a great talent, but has to prove that he can go for 7 minutes.

AA looked quite good on his feet, hitting a couple quite nice counter takedowns - something I hadn't seen him do much at all. That was great. Then he got underneath and got ridden pretty hard, his guy had both legs in and a brutal half - it was probably exactly what AA didn't want following his return from shoulder surgery. Getting ridden hard did seem to take a substantial toll, and he did fade pretty hard at the end. Funny thing, he ended up winning with a ride time point, yet took a beating underneath. I'll mention he tried no early throws, and I didn't see his low duck under which seemed his #1/#2 move from his feet.

He did give up some stalling points. I think the one of them was questionable, the others were not. There were some interesting stalling calls/non-calls throughout the day. I don't remember which, but one Purdue guy attempted zero shots in the 4 minutes they wrestled on their feet, yet no stall call. At other times, the stall calls seemed a little fast. Nothing too ridiculous or match-changing though.

DA looked good and controlled the match pretty well throughout.

McIntosh had a beautiful throw out of bounds. Amplitude points would have been awarded...

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I didn't see the matches, so I'm only basing on what I heard from some others. I think DA looked fine and dominated the match (even if the score wasn't too high). AA did gas and it's still not clear what it is: rust/working back into shape; weight cut; other.

I understand that both Altons are entered in the Shorty Hitchock tournament this weekend (instead of wrestling in the dual matches; if they indeed wrestle there)--presumably to get more matches. I'm not worried about Dylan, but I am puzzled about Andrew. Time will tell. He's a great talent, but has to prove that he can go for 7 minutes.
    That's too bad, since the level of competition at the duals would be higher. I was really looking forward to seeing how Dylan would fare against Walsh from Indiana and how Andrew would do against Tsirtsis from Northwestern.

Page 171 of 179 FirstFirst ... 71121161168169170171172173174 ... LastLast