Page 168 of 177 FirstFirst ... 68118158165166167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 1,504 to 1,512 of 1585

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Now that it is over there are a few things I did not expect. The city city of Des Moines was a lot nicer than I thought it would be. I can't say the same about the arena though. Never in a million years would I have thought that the Iowa fans would cheer louder against Penn State than they did for there own wrestlers. Did not even hear the I O W A cheer one time. It used to be impressive to hear and thought at home it would amazing. It is so cool to be hated and hope it never stops. But nothing lasts forever so enjoy it while we can.

I was curious how Wells Fargo arena stacked up with other venues that have hosted the championships. Did you not like the arena because of the fans or because of the arena itself? From what I read it was one of the better run championships we've had.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Now that it is over there are a few things I did not expect. The city city of Des Moines was a lot nicer than I thought it would be. I can't say the same about the arena though. Never in a million years would I have thought that the Iowa fans would cheer louder against Penn State than they did for there own wrestlers. Did not even hear the I O W A cheer one time. It used to be impressive to hear and thought at home it would amazing. It is so cool to be hated and hope it never stops. But nothing lasts forever so enjoy it while we can.
    I thought it went well here. The only issues were the ticket availability and I didnt get to travel anywhere.

The only reason I could come up with why there were no chants from Iowa is because there was no defined Iowa section. There were so many of us and we were so spread out it was like nothing else. I woulda started the chant if I could have found a section that was clearly the Iowa section. I'm sure it will be back to normal next year in OKC.

And, when your on top people cheer against you. They still do for Iowa and we havent won it three years. Also, don't act like PSU fans arent very loud when an Iowa wrestler loses.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    .. Also, don't act like PSU fans arent very loud when an Iowa wrestler loses.
    Maybe the PUS fans were getting horse by the end becasue there were so amny Iowa loses to cheer for.

Quote Originally Posted by tloger View Post
    Just wanted to congratulate the PSU contingent on another impressive title. Very impressed with Brown. I too thought he pushed the action. Not sure if he was trying to pull the headgear or if he was just over aggressive and anxious as some first time finalists are. I think the small breaks with adjusting the headgear, although may seem insignificant, stalled his moment a few times. Ed Ruth is amazing as everybody knows, I think he has ice water in his veins, completely unflappable. Mega had a great tourney, but I just feel Delgado is the better wrestler/scrambler. Mega did well pushing the action, but he needs to finish quicker ( as well as other opponents against Delgado) to avoid the scramble with him. Even though DT lost to Dake, you guys have to credit him with being one of the biggest contributor's to the team title. Pinning his way the finals was the cornerstone for it. He showed urgency for his team knowing that he was not going to get bonus in all likelyhood with Dake. DT was a bit over energized over that first take down and when Dake slipped his ride for a near reversal, I think that rattled his confidence a bit. Not getting the escape in the second was his biggest problem I believe, credit Dake for waiting towards the end of the period for the takedown. I feel Dake waited and took the shot strategically that way. I felt Taylor should have started neutral in the third, get the takedown and gather ride time, but that's me. He has been able to break Dake's ride in the past so I can't fault him for that. Very happy for Quentin Wright. He's such a standup guy and a great influence in that locker room. Kilgore was doing a lot of cheap rough housing in the beginning trying rattle Q. Didn't faze him one bit. He did a fantastic job working Killer into ties that favored him to throw for TD's. Very methodical and technical wrestler. PSU is in line for another title next year, but it will be interesting to see how the team develops when Taylor and Ruth have graduated. I'm sure the talent will not stop coming into the room, but Taylor, Ruth, and Q are just special individuals that only come every so often. I'm a lifelong Hawkeye, but I just wanted to extend a congrats to PSU. Really impressed with Cael's work. I think people can put to rest the criticism's of his coaching ability. You can visibly see his traits reflected with his wrestlers and that's what great coaches do. Next season can't come soon enough!

tloger--Very nice post; very good sporstmanship. Reflects well on Iowa!

Quote Originally Posted by tloger View Post
    Just wanted to congratulate the PSU contingent on another impressive title. Very impressed with Brown. I too thought he pushed the action. Not sure if he was trying to pull the headgear or if he was just over aggressive and anxious as some first time finalists are. I think the small breaks with adjusting the headgear, although may seem insignificant, stalled his moment a few times. Ed Ruth is amazing as everybody knows, I think he has ice water in his veins, completely unflappable. Mega had a great tourney, but I just feel Delgado is the better wrestler/scrambler. Mega did well pushing the action, but he needs to finish quicker ( as well as other opponents against Delgado) to avoid the scramble with him. Even though DT lost to Dake, you guys have to credit him with being one of the biggest contributor's to the team title. Pinning his way the finals was the cornerstone for it. He showed urgency for his team knowing that he was not going to get bonus in all likelyhood with Dake. DT was a bit over energized over that first take down and when Dake slipped his ride for a near reversal, I think that rattled his confidence a bit. Not getting the escape in the second was his biggest problem I believe, credit Dake for waiting towards the end of the period for the takedown. I feel Dake waited and took the shot strategically that way. I felt Taylor should have started neutral in the third, get the takedown and gather ride time, but that's me. He has been able to break Dake's ride in the past so I can't fault him for that. Very happy for Quentin Wright. He's such a standup guy and a great influence in that locker room. Kilgore was doing a lot of cheap rough housing in the beginning trying rattle Q. Didn't faze him one bit. He did a fantastic job working Killer into ties that favored him to throw for TD's. Very methodical and technical wrestler. PSU is in line for another title next year, but it will be interesting to see how the team develops when Taylor and Ruth have graduated. I'm sure the talent will not stop coming into the room, but Taylor, Ruth, and Q are just special individuals that only come every so often. I'm a lifelong Hawkeye, but I just wanted to extend a congrats to PSU. Really impressed with Cael's work. I think people can put to rest the criticism's of his coaching ability. You can visibly see his traits reflected with his wrestlers and that's what great coaches do. Next season can't come soon enough!

tloger--Very nice post; very good sporstmanship. Reflects well on Iowa! I can't wait for next year either. I'm hoping to go for the first time since 1994!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    tloger--Very nice post; very good sporstmanship. Reflects well on Iowa! I can't wait for next year either. I'm hoping to go for the first time since 1994!!!
    I agree. The only thing lacking was the return key, but that can be worked on.

As I said to KR in a text message. Congrats to Penn State. You guys had a great tournament.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I agree. The only thing lacking was the return key, but that can be worked on.
    LOL, sorry I forget sometimes to utilize that button.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    As I said to KR in a text message. Congrats to Penn State. You guys had a great tournament.
    Hey Wiltz sorry we couldnt connect in DM. I was resting in my hotel room most of the time when I was not at the arena. Thanks for the congrats. OKC should be a great tourney too next year!

Page 168 of 177 FirstFirst ... 68118158165166167168169170171 ... LastLast