I would go:

1. Ruth
    2. Taylor
    3. Wright
    4. Mega
    5. D.Alton
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Wright has been looking so good of late, I think he will beat Wilps again, and give Kilgore a great match. The prospect of Nico having to beat Delgado and Mcd scares me, same with DA having to possibly beat Fleming, Green, Welch, and DSJ.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Wow, I totally spaced out on Wright. I'm not sure how I would rank Taylor/Mega/Wright on likely to win it all

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    I hate having to read through 158 pages every time I want to catch up on the Nittany Lions.
    Then you should learn how to use a computer so you don't have that problem....

Quote Originally Posted by nlion91 View Post
    Personally I love the atmosphere of a packed Rec Hall but that being said I would be curious how many an Iowa or Minnesota match would draw at BJC. I've heard more than a few complaints from relatives and friends who couldn't go to a meet this year because they were all sold out.
    I have wondered if this is Cael's strat plan that he would create high demand & some scarcity in order to get some BJC matches where the Athletic department might do what he asks if they hold matches there.

I have also suggested a preseason event at BJC like Basketball's B1G vs ACC match ups & have a B1G vs EIWA dual or quad @ the BJC where PSU & another B1G school wrestle against lets say Lehigh & Cornell all in the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    After 4 tough matches a lot has been learned about the team. I think they are still the favorite to win NCAA's, but the margin is going to be much closer than many were thinking early in the year. Here is how I see the individuals faring at nationals:
    Nico: I would be shocked by anything worse than a top 4 finish.
    Conaway: I think he has definitely qualified a spot at this point, he will probably go 1-2 or 2-2
    Pearsall: Not sure he's qualified a spot yet, probably needs to finish 5th or better at B1G's to lock that up. Will go 0-2 or 1-2 if he gets in.
    A. Alton: Tough to predict right now... I'll say low AA-r12.
    D. Alton: 1st-6th Hopefully he avoids DSJ until the finals, seeding will be very interesting at this weight.
    Taylor: He will either finish 1st or 2nd. He should bonus in every match leading up to the finals.
    Brown: Has definitely had a rough few weeks, unless he makes great strides over the next few weeks, he'll be a low AA or r12 guy.
    Ruth: Anything less than 1st would be a huge shock. Hamlin has given him his closest match to date. Should run into Steinhaus at B1G's.
    Wright: 1st-3rd. Will most likely have to get through Wilps again for the chance to face Killer.
    Whoever goes should go 1-2 or 2-2.

I think PSU will have 5-7 AA's, and anywhere from 1-4 national champs.
    125 Nico 2nd or 3rd
    133 JC 2-2
    141 BP 1-2
    149 AA should be 2nd or 3rd but now exhibiting "head case" problems
    157 DA 3rd or 4th has what it takes to finalist or champ
    165 DT Finalist
    174 Brown see 149 & 157
    184 Ruth Champ
    197 QW Finalist
    285 Lawson Low AA or RD12, could be the "shocker" of the tourney, maybe the difference maker in PSU winning 3rd team title.

8-10 NQ
    5-8 AAs
    4-7 Finalists
    1-6 Champs
    PSU won the Scuffle with English & Vollrath in the line up
    If Cody & Casey & Cael can"fix" Andrew & Matt PSU could score 140 to 160 & walk away with it all.
    Skipping Midlands might end up making Brands looking like a genius if he gets the Hawkeyes peaking in March & hungry for a tourney,

Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    After 4 tough matches a lot has been learned about the team. I think they are still the favorite to win NCAA's, but the margin is going to be much closer than many were thinking early in the year. Here is how I see the individuals faring at nationals:
    Nico: I would be shocked by anything worse than a top 4 finish.
    Conaway: I think he has definitely qualified a spot at this point, he will probably go 1-2 or 2-2
    Pearsall: Not sure he's qualified a spot yet, probably needs to finish 5th or better at B1G's to lock that up. Will go 0-2 or 1-2 if he gets in.
    A. Alton: Tough to predict right now... I'll say low AA-r12.
    D. Alton: 1st-6th Hopefully he avoids DSJ until the finals, seeding will be very interesting at this weight.
    Taylor: He will either finish 1st or 2nd. He should bonus in every match leading up to the finals.
    Brown: Has definitely had a rough few weeks, unless he makes great strides over the next few weeks, he'll be a low AA or r12 guy.
    Ruth: Anything less than 1st would be a huge shock. Hamlin has given him his closest match to date. Should run into Steinhaus at B1G's.
    Wright: 1st-3rd. Will most likely have to get through Wilps again for the chance to face Killer.
    Whoever goes should go 1-2 or 2-2.

I think PSU will have 5-7 AA's, and anywhere from 1-4 national champs.

Great point Burnsie, I was thinking the same thing, especially after AA's and Brown's recent performances. I think NCAA's will be much, much closer than some expected and we're in for a serious dogfight. Individually...
    Nico: I agree that anything worse than a top 4 finish would be a letdown. A repeat to the finals would be awesome, I like his chances against McD, but he faces a tough road to get back there. I think he does it. Champ.
    Conaway: Just qualify, go 1-2 and I'd be happy. Qualifier.
    Pearsall: See above. Except I think we'd be lucky to qualify both weights and I don't think it'll happen. Non-qualifier.
    A Alton: He has the talent to go far but does he have the drive? Right now I don't see it. Round of 12.
    D Alton: If he shows up like he did last year I really like his chances. But... he gets screwed in the seeding and has to face DSJ in the semis. 3rd.
    Taylor: Cruises to the finals where he does the unthinkable; denies the 4-peat and beats Dake in his final college match (please dear God let this happen). Champ.
    Brown: So tough to call. Has the potential to beat anyone but potential will only get him so far. 5th.
    Ruth: Cruises through the tourny, wins the OW, wins the Hodge, wins the noble peace prize. Champ.
    Wright: Q is money come tournament time. But Kilgore is a whole other animal. 2nd.
    Gingrinch or Lawson: Will they even qualify? Hopefully yes. 2-2 Qualifier.

3 champs, 1 second, 1 third, 1 fifth. A bit optimistic? Hell yeah but why not.

Another guy that is currently overlooked by many that will have to go through Wright (or Q will have to go through him) is Kyven Gadsen. Kyven has been on a roll and has been getting better every time out. I think his confidence gains with every win. The only thing that might hold him back, imo, is the possibility that his shoulder might not hold up. Plus he's got extra motivation with his father being on hospice at the moment. I think Gadsen is the dark horse that will make the semi's and can possibly beat anyone in the weight at any given time. That's not to say he's the favorite againt Wilps, Q and Kilgore but he's got the potential to beat any or all of them.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Another guy that is currently overlooked by many that will have to go through Wright (or Q will have to go through him) is Kyven Gadsen. Kyven has been on a roll and has been getting better every time out. I think his confidence gains with every win. The only thing that might hold him back, imo, is the possibility that his shoulder might not hold up. Plus he's got extra motivation with his father being on hospice at the moment. I think Gadsen is the dark horse that will make the semi's and can possibly beat anyone in the weight at any given time. That's not to say he's the favorite againt Wilps, Q and Kilgore but he's got the potential to beat any or all of them.
    I'll be very interested in following Gadsen at NCAA's. Q just wrestled and handled one very athletic guy in Courts. But I suspect Gadsen is bigger and stronger than Courts. He sounds like a real force to be reckoned with.

Page 162 of 178 FirstFirst ... 62112152159160161162163164165172 ... LastLast