Page 160 of 179 FirstFirst ... 60110150157158159160161162163170 ... LastLast
Results 1,432 to 1,440 of 1606

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I'm not very tech savvy, but you CAN go immediately to the 158th page, without wading through the first 157!!
    Thanks Tom. Reading 159 pages of PSU wrestling is pretty boring. I'm just glad there isn't an Everything Iowa Wrestling thread.
    Last edited by jammen; 01-30-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Thanks Tom. Reading 159 pages of PSU wrestling is pretty boring. I'm just glad there isn't an Everything Iowa Wrestling thread.
    How about an Everything Minnesota thread?

Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    All this talk of 15,000 at CHA for the PSU-Iowa dual makes me mad that they won't put wrestling in the Bruce Jordan Center. I am not saying that every dual needs to be held there, but 2 or 3 of the marquee ones every year would be be fun. I'm not sure they could draw 10k+ without a problem.
    This has been much debated on the PSU boards. A brief summary as I've followed it:

1. Virtually everyone agrees that the atmosphere is better in Rec Hall
    2. Differing opinions how many would come to a premier match-up like with Minn, Iowa or OSU, but I think we could get 12,000+
    3. The fact that the whole season is sold out with season tickets before the season even starts is slowly shifting the balance that sooner or later the Bryce Jordan Center will have to be used at least a little, as it has been done in the past.

I have not had the privilege of seeing a match at rec hall, but I think the program at its current level of popularity is outgrowing its current venue. When one can not even buy standing room only tickets for a dual vs Rider, a move seems to make sense.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I think it is a Window of opportunity to expand the sport. Penn St is in the middle of their most successful seasons ever, it won't always be this way.

Sadly, I think PSU dropped the ball with Bryce Jordan. The planers very much wanted it to be good for shows as much as sports. Because of that (IMO) it is a much flatter slope of the stands. You get far away from the floor/mats very quickly. The end effect is the building seems larger than it is, and you really need to have a large crowd to make it seem reasonably full. 7-9,000 in there get swallowed up pretty quickly and the building seems kind of empty and dead. People that were there for BigTens a few years ago probably remember that.

The classic field house architecture seems better for viewing wrestling, and in my opinion. I wish we could build a replica of Cameron Indoor Stadium on campus for wrestling and volleyball. That place is amazing.

Burnsie, if you want two tickets to Rider, they are yours. They even come with seats...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Burnsie, if you want two tickets to Rider, they are yours. They even come with seats...
    I would definitely take you up on that offer. I've never been to a match...

If you think you can make it, send me a PM.

Here's where I see PSU being seeded at B1G's with just a few matches left:

Nico 2nd. As long as he beats Triggas next week this should be a lock. (He'll likely need to get past Delgado again to earn another shot at McD)
    Conaway 3rd-5th. If based strictly on B1G results this is where he lands, but I have a feeling someone get seeded ahead of him.
    Pearsall 5th. H2H win over Kiley should land him here, behind Stieber, Futrell (?) Ballweg, & Dardanes
    A.Alton 3rd-5th. Grajales is the likely top seed at the moment. Sueflohn #2...it gets messy after that, I just hope he avoids Ness in the Quarters.
    D.Alton 2nd. Probably not going to change, unless Green beats the pants off of DSJ somehow. Welch would be one tough #4 seed.
    Taylor 1st. I hope he runs into Mr. Polz at some point during this tournament.
    Brown 4th-5th. He definitely needs to beat Heflin this weekend. This is going to be such a brutal weight.
    Ruth 1st. Steinhaus is the only big name he hasn't faced up to this point, Ruth wouldn't see him until the finals.
    Wright 1st. Don't really see how this could change, has beaten pretty much all of the top 97's in the B1G.
    Gingrich 5th-8th He really needs a win over Capone to keep from falling too far down the bracket.

Let the nitpicking commence!
    Last edited by burnsie1983; 02-04-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Page 160 of 179 FirstFirst ... 60110150157158159160161162163170 ... LastLast