Page 151 of 177 FirstFirst ... 51101141148149150151152153154161 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,359 of 1585

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

From what I hear Jordan will definitely challenge Frankie.

Rumors have it JG is maybe someone to go at 41. Cant completely confirm that yet.

Had a 3rd confirm on DT injury. Minor. Nothing decided yet about next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsie1983 View Post
    Thanks for the info KR. Do you think Conaway has much of a chance against FM? Is anyone pushing Pearsall at 41? It'd be a shame if DT gets held out of the all-star match. Nobody wants to wait until March to see that match!

Not to worry. If DT doesn't wrestle in the all-star then they would be slated to meet up at the Scuffle Jan 2.

Anyone know who's scheduled to wrestle tonight?

Sounds like final decisions will be made this afternoon.
    My predictions on who will wrestle (not exactly material for the Longshot prediction thread) and the best sales pitch I can come up with for watching each match

125 Megaludis Conaway
    The complaint on Megaudis last year was that he didn't open up much. We should see a lot of offense from him.

133 Martelotti Reber (Maybe Gulibon, but I kinda doubt it for a couple reasons)
    Assuming no Gulibon, this is the "Who wants it?" match. If Gulibon does wrestle, it possibly becomes the "Why is he redshirting?" match

141 Pearsall Frey
    Should be a decent match. Gives an opportunity to see what kind of progress Frey has made in college. Probably the most likely "Upset Special" of the night.

149 A Alton English? Moran?
    PSU fans have had to wait an entire year to see Andrew's throws and first period pins. Hold on to your seats!

157 D Alton Vollrath
    Vollrath would be starting for most of the teams in the country. This should be the highest competition match of the night.

165 Taylor Fischer
    Let's see Taylor moving well and getting ready for Saturday. Fischer can play defense for a while, I think.

174 Brown Phipps (welcome to college wrestling, son)
    This should be a battle between two ridiculously strong 174 pounders. Neither kid will back down - it'll be like watching two rhinos try to push each other off the mat.

184 Ruth Church
    Not much to say here, would be a little more interesting if Phipps stayed up here (which I could see while wrestling open tournaments)

197 Wright McIntosh (Yes, he is planning to RS, but that's what I want to see. Otherwise, Syrek)
    Wright and McIntosh could put up some points in an entertaining preseason roll. I haven't seen Syrek wrestle since high school.

HWT Gingrich Lawson
    The other of the two real match ups (I think) for settling a spot. Gingrich was really raw coming out of high school but now has two years of open tournaments. Jimmy was a big football player who happened to wrestle pretty well coming out of HS, but doesn't have a competitive college match. Easily the biggest pick'em of the night.

There may be an extra match or two to fill out the night. I think they are literally waiting until they see how practice goes this afternoon before making final decisions on who wrestles tonight.

BBL--I'd love to see those match-ups tonight. But the coaching staff has said that none of the guys in Saturday's all-star match are wrestling. I also think Ruth isn't wrestling, but not sure about that. A Alton is injured, so he won't be wrestling. I've heard that Conaway and Martelloti are going to wrestle at 133. And I've heard that Frey is too big for 141. Could be English and Frey at 149. Am very interested to see if Gulibon wrestles, even though he's almost certainly RS'ing.

Tonight's line up

125- No Match

133-
    Jordan Conaway vs. Frank Martellotti
    Jimmy Gulibon vs. Cam Kelly
    Nate Morgan vs. Michael Waters

141-
    Zack Beitz vs. Bryan Pearsall
    Kyle Moran vs. Derek Reber

149-
    James English vs. Seth Beitz

157/165-
    Jimmy Vollrath vs. Rex Lutz

174-
    Matt Brown vs. James Frascella
    Andrew Church vs. Brandon Phillips

184-
    Ed Ruth vs. Wes Phipps

197-
    Morgan McIntosh vs. Scott Syrek

HWT-
    Jimmy Lawson vs. Jon Gingrich

Which shows you how good my guesses were. Amazing I don't do fantasy - ever.

We'll start this evening at 133 pounds, with Jordan Conaway vs. Frank Marrtelloti.

133 Martelloti vs. Conaway: Felt each other out initially with minimal action, until Conaway countered a late Martelloti shot and stepped over for a takedown. Conaway escaped off the second period whistle to take a 3-0 lead, and then Conaway scored another late takedown, stepping through and over with 10 seconds left to give him a 5-0 lead heading to the third.

Martelloti can only muster an escape, and Conaway takes the first match 5-1.

Page 151 of 177 FirstFirst ... 51101141148149150151152153154161 ... LastLast