Page 108 of 179 FirstFirst ... 85898105106107108109110111118158 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Penn State Wrestling

Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

He was born in Wyoming and lived there until 6th grade. He had been going to Jordan's camps in St. Paris and thought it would be nice to wrestle for Graham. His dad, who is a Delta pilot, was able to transfer to Cincinnati and they moved there so he could wrestle for Jordan. Not only is that a big move for a family, but I would guess St. Paris is at least a 2 hour drive from Cincinnati, so the commute couldn't have been easy.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    The Paterno situation is pretty simple. All you have to do is ask one question. Do you think Paterno would have done more if McCready told him that the boy he saw Sandusky raping was Paterno's grandson? If you think Paterno wouldn't have done more than he did for the actual kid, then okay. If you think he would have followed up and made sure something was being done if it were his grandson, then okay.
    That's a really really good point.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

Sorry, had to be done.

Originally Posted by kr1963 All the people I hear making talk like this do so b/c of their own LACK of take responsibility for things earlier in their life & are just covering up for it. The "outrage" has NOTHING to do with actual act at hand & everything to do with their own past failures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    You're way off base. People being ticked off because a "legend" didn't step up and do the right thing has nothing to do with past personal failures, that's one of the craziest counterarguments I've ever heard.
    Then you fail to understand one of the most basic psychological aspects of exactly how the human mind & behavior actually function.
    I too was disappointed that this happened under Joe's watch & that he had to step down over it but I was not apart of the zanies that were in the LYNCH MOB.
    You can put a person in therapy & 10 times out of 10 the thing that they are complaining about in present time is not the thing to be found actually bothering them, (yet something in the subconscious that they are unaware of, that has to do with some other act that they committed or fail to take action for). Remove the upset & a person is A LOT more rational on the subject. You may not change his mind but at least the insanity of irrationality will subside.

Originally Posted by kr1963
    So your statements are like a guy at an accident who instead of calling 911 to save the victims lives is busy trying to beat up the friend of the drunk driver who caused it. And that guy beats up the friend of the drunk driver b/c of all the times he drove home drunk himself or let someone else do that.

No, it's more like calling 911 when you see your neighbor abusing his child but the police don't come. Most people might pick up the phone again rather than saying "F-it, I did all I could, I can move on with my life now and figure out how I'm going to stop Michigan's running game. Where'd I put my glasses?".
    That's in a vacuum. Most people will rescue people from a car accident but won't meddle in the neighbor's affairs. Most folks who say they would have kicked Sandusky's @$$ are blowhards. They look at that without putting themselves int he situation where they work for an institution & their job would be on the line maybe if they rock the boat AND that they know the person & respect them. IF they saw their OWN kid being touched by a STRANGER? THAT I would believe. Big difference. The morally outraged are heroes in their own mind & no place else.

Originally Posted by kr1963
    It is the person's own FAILURES screaming here, nothing else.
    And go look in the mirror in the meantime as well b/c responsibility is a BITCH. No idea where this line of thinking is coming from but it's a complete non-sequitur and a weak attempt to shift the blame.
    Then you apparently have not even bothered to read what I posted being so caught up in your own inflamed emotions on the subject. What do you think I need to look in the mirror about b/c I said that JoePa shoudl have stepped down & I have said that the morally outraged are hypocrites. Not once have I said that the blame belongs elsewhere. I think my line of thought appears non-sequitor to you b/c as I said you don't understand how the human mind works & somehow actually really think that screaming & yelling demonstrates moral fiber or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I would like to echo what was already said. Let's keep this to wrestling, please.
    I actually agree with you so maybe we should create another thread!

Page 108 of 179 FirstFirst ... 85898105106107108109110111118158 ... LastLast