Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Future of MMA May Depend on Strikeforce: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers

Default Re: The Future of MMA May Depend on Strikeforce: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers

Big props to Rogers, he showed some promise, but he couldnt do the job. all it took was one shot.

Lesnar dominating Fedor??? not yet.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Default Re: The Future of MMA May Depend on Strikeforce: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers

Werdum was awfully impressive last night.

Other than McCarthy's botched decision making in not standing Shields and Mayhem up when he needed to, the event was pretty entertaining. I really liked 3 out of the 4 fights. While I enjoyed the grappling science in Shields vs Miller, it was not entertaining for some reason. Shield's wrestling cred went down a level getting caught by 2 duckunders, and not hipping out of the 1st takedown before Mayhem hit him with the slam. However, his guilotine, which the goofy announcers call a banana split, did give him some points back...

OBC, it looks like the event got so so ratings. It hit 3.79 million viewers. So lets say that if the Spike event got 2.85 million or higher viewership, you win the sig bet. I have not heard a disclosure for Spike yet, but the CBS rating are out as usual. It looks like they were short about a half million viewers they expected.

Sounds good. 2.85 mil is the number we're looking for. I had everyone I know emailed and told to watch the UFC braodcast. That may be the .85 million just right there. I am going to enjoy this leglace. The OBC steps up and puts his money where his mouth is yet again.
    Lets go Brent!

Lets go Brent!

Lets go Brent!

Not impressed with Sheilds. He is extremely one dimensional, and basically did no damage to Mayhem on the ground. He controlled his position very well, but did nothing else.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Very exciting fight. Fedor showcased why he is the best in the world, and rogers proved that he is legit.

Fedor faced a 280lb man with serious knock out power took his best shots and still was able to finish the big man with his own vicious power.

I would love to see the lesnar fight as ithink it would be a great fight but i dont think this fight shows that fedor would get crushed in fact i think it shows the exact opposite.

Fedor may be the smartest fighter in the game so i doubt he would go for the kimura again against a man that size. I would favor fedor heavily on the feet, but would still want to avoid having lesnar on top of him for prolonged periods of time.

I saw Fedor end up on his back against Rodgers and take a decent amount of punishment.
    My thoughts are that Lesnar is able to put Fedor on his back easier and more often and dish out more punishment.
    Can Lesnar avoid the KO punch from Fedor and not get trapped in a submission on the ground? I think yes.