Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TUF 10 thoughts

Default Re: TUF 10 thoughts

Mike Copeland aka Zeke Chaingun has been notified of this thread. He is the preeminent dana white apologist and seeing that claudale and dingo are infamous for their dana bashing i think it is mandatory that we have worlds collide. Of course I will be here to provide unbias opinions and commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Another lame fight. Hopefully the second round is a little better.

and I don't understand why Dana lashed out at Big Country. He asked him who he wanted to fight and he said he'd fight anyone; I think in previous seasons, that attitude was admired.

Finally, that guy who lost last night (a UFC vet) can't call his wife with cancer, but Kimbo can call people. Just enough of these stupid rules.
    Claudale, Kimbo pulled in over 6 million people. Can you even name the guy who's wife has cancer? Of course there should be different rules. At your work, does the mail clerk and the CEO have the same rules? One guy makes things happen, the other guy isn't even noticed..
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Mike Copeland aka Zeke Chaingun has been notified of this thread. He is the preeminent dana white apologist and seeing that claudale and dingo are infamous for their dana bashing i think it is mandatory that we have worlds collide. Of course I will be here to provide unbias opinions and commentary.
    Why not just tell VAK if you want to balance this out.

I actually know and liked Zeke from the War Room section of Sherdog.

Guys can be funny watching TV - someone like Wes Sims would be goofing around the whole time. The pranks and destroying the house were always lame to me. Even if you give people 30 minutes of internet a day and 15 minutes of phone, that wouldn't cause any harm.

It's a sport too. As much as I understand the business angle, there comes a point where you can't let it get out of control. You can't be upset that a the former IFL champ won his fight and you can't give some people different rules. Booting Jesse Taylor and Jeremy Jackson and not booting Leben and Junie Browning was entirely due to ratings; JT and JJ have proved to be better prospects as well.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Who???

Look PJ, you're my boy, I love you like the pooch I had to put down a year ago. You're never going to do wrong as far as I'm concerned, but please. If you invite a guy named Chihuahua over here, at least tell us who he is.
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Why not just tell VAK if you want to balance this out.

I actually know and liked Zeke from the War Room section of Sherdog.

Guys can be funny watching TV - someone like Wes Sims would be goofing around the whole time. The pranks and destroying the house were always lame to me. Even if you give people 30 minutes of internet a day and 15 minutes of phone, that wouldn't cause any harm.

It's a sport too. As much as I understand the business angle, there comes a point where you can't let it get out of control. You can't be upset that a the former IFL champ won his fight and you can't give some people different rules. Booting Jesse Taylor and Jeremy Jackson and not booting Leben and Junie Browning was entirely due to ratings; JT and JJ have proved to be better prospects as well.
    It is a business Claudale. You have to set rules and the participants can decide if they want to play by those rules. I too hated to see JJ booted, but he broke the rules and he had to be cut. Hell, at least he got some poon out of it, other guys were going home because they missed their GF's.
    Lets go Brent!

Oh sheet Claudale and Dingo are in trouble now, Pjers has done told on you two and now the calvary is on its way.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Claudale, Kimbo pulled in over 6 million people. Can you even name the guy who's wife has cancer? Of course there should be different rules. At your work, does the mail clerk and the CEO have the same rules? One guy makes things happen, the other guy isn't even noticed..
    Thinking back to the time when VAK said making him go through TUF was really just another insult by Dana. He'd make Kimbo earn his way into the UFC. Instead, this guy who "sucks" (if we listen to Dana about everything) gets a special deal, special compensation and a special arrangement, even though Dana says he doesn't.

I know neither you nor VAK will tell me they expect to see a $12g+$12g payday when Kimbo first fights in the UFC. And actually, I think that's how the winners start, the other TUF guys fight under contracts that are more like $5g+$5g to start.

I don't blame the UFC for bringing him in, but these moves contrast so strongly with everything Dana said. He dug his own hole here, if he didn't go off on how bad Kimbo sucked and how he didn't belong in the UFC, no one would say a thing about it. He wasn't even good enough for the 145 pounder of the WEC or TUF but after going 0-1, Dana already says he'll be back. (because that was the agreement all along)

Don't have these super stringent rulesif they don't apply to anyone. Give him and everyone else a few minutes a day or even a few minutes a week.

That guy Noah went home because Dana wouldn't let him make a phone call.

I doubt Dana sacrificed this much when he was a fighter.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Claudale you just don't get it. You have never competed at a high level in anything, business included. When I was on junior teams back in the old country, those of us who excelled got special treatment. That's just how it works. Are you really trying to compare Noah and Mr. Kimbo Slice? Noah couldn't pull 6 million viewers if he set himself on fire in the center of the octagon. Kimbo on the other hand, could probably sell out Madison Square Garden, masturbating in the center of the cage. Don't fear the black man Claudale. Why are you so insecure about black men?
    Lets go Brent!

[quote=Adolf Oliverbush;273465]Claudale you just don't get it. You have never competed at a high level in anything, business included. When I was on junior teams back in the old country, those of us who excelled got special treatment. That's just how it works. Are you really trying to compare Noah and Mr. Kimbo Slice? Noah couldn't pull 6 million viewers if he set himself on fire in the center of the octagon. Kimbo on the other hand, could probably sell out Madison Square Garden, masturbating in the center of the cage. Don't fear the black man Claudale. Why are you so insecure about black men?[/quote]

*shakes head in disgust*

this does not surprise me at all.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com