Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Penn State Intra-squad line up

Default Re: Penn State Intra-squad line up

You can see the first period of taylor vs Sanderson

http://www.happyvalleyhalfnelson.com/
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I didn't watch the match or follow any kind of live updates. I just read this on PSU's website, though, and it makes me feel kind of good about the match. Sounds like Taylor couldn't stop Cyler from neutral at all, but rode him very hard. I guess that says something about how good Taylor is on top--something Ohio guys aren't really known for.

"2008 All-American Cyler Sanderson (Heber City, Utah), ranked No. 5 at 157, met true freshman David Taylor (St. Paris, Ohio). Sanderson made his first seconds on a Rec Hall mat count with a sizzling four point move (takedown and two near fall points) right out of the gates against Taylor. Sanderson added a second takedown and two more near fall points to up his lead to 8-1 with 1:21 left in the period. A third takedown with :40 left gave Cyler a 10-3 lead after a Taylor escape. Leading 10-3, Sanderson chose down to start the second period. Taylor was able to ride Sanderson for nearly a minute before the All-American was able to escape to an 11-3 lead. Trailing 11-3 and needing back points, Taylor chose top to start the third period and nearly turned the senior for back points right off the opening whistle. But Sanderson was able to fight back to parallel and keep his eight-point lead. Taylor put together a very strong ride, maintaining control of Sanderson while trying to lock in on a cradle. But Sanderson was able to fight off every Taylor scoring effort and wind out the period. The strong ride out allowed Taylor to work up a 1:41 riding time edge and keep the bout to a regular decision. Still, Sanderson's sizzling start allowed the All-American to walk away with an 11-4 decision."
    When I read this last night I could almost hear Cayle's heart thumping -to watch your brother get turned -almost -by a 141 lber would be horrible . Bad enough Taylor rode him that long -the big question will be DID Sanderson let Taylor ride him out or was he really working ?

"For the most part, the frosh really looked great. Ruth is a stud and dominated Brown. Macchiaroli wasn’t spectacular but did what was needed to eke a 5-3 win out over Steadman. Vallimont looked content to work his way to a one point win over Kemerer but Jake had other ideas taking Valimont down in the last ten seconds for a one point win of his own. In a bit of a surprise, Cyler Sanderson just toyed with David Taylor in the opening period of their bout. Sanderson took Taylor to his back three times in the first period and cruised to an easy win. Once Taylor got past the first period he did show considerable skills while on the mat – but Cyler had easy pickings from the neutral position and score at will on Taylor."
    Gold is an idiot.

THis is EXACTLY what I expected the match to look like btw.. And I think its clear that if Cyler had kept up this pace the result would have been a TF

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HeCn7DXGG1U&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="344" width="425"></object>
    Gold is an idiot.

shouldn't Cyler be a little alarmed that he was held down for so long by a 141? Especially a young guy like this, I would image the 157s he will be wrestling over the year will be much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    "Cyler Sanderson just toyed with David Taylor in the opening period of their bout. Sanderson took Taylor to his back three times in the first period and cruised to an easy win. Once Taylor got past the first period he did show considerable skills while on the mat ? but Cyler had easy pickings from the neutral position and score at will on Taylor."
    So pretty much what I already said here...

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Sounds like Taylor couldn't stop Cyler from neutral at all, but rode him very hard. I guess that says something about how good Taylor is on top--something Ohio guys aren't really known for.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    THis is EXACTLY what I expected the match to look like btw.. And I think its clear that if Cyler had kept up this pace the result would have been a TF
    Too bad he wasn't able to keep it up since David was riding him the whole time...

What's Taylor weigh now? I've seen some people throwing around "141" here - when's the last time DT was at '41, and will he ever see it again?

The fact that he didn't tech him means the conditioning is already getting there... Give Taylor 3-4 more months in the room with him and the technique/toughness/consistency gap will close the dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    What's Taylor weigh now? I've seen some people throwing around "141" here - when's the last time DT was at '41, and will he ever see it again?
    Well he was 135 in March.