Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 NWCA All Star Classic: Predictions/Line Ups

Default Re: 2009 NWCA All Star Classic: Predictions/Line Ups

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Thats because he isn't talking about last year, he's talking about 08 when Bell sent Andrae Hernandez and Tyler McCormick home on the backside of the bracket.
    Terp brings up a good point, a win over Andrae Hernandez definitely puts a guy in an elite club of title contenders.
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    C'mon CK-I was all happy to see your name and that you were posting then you post this -come on back -I miss you .
    How is married life ? Your website only let's me on every other time but did Chalfant go to college anywhere ? Is this going to be Wright's year ?
    Married life is ok. PM me the error you are receiving and I'll look into it.

Chalfant was supposed to go to Western Kentucky to play football, but he's not on the roster. He must have got lost on the way down there.

If Wright doesn't win it, it will really surprise me.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost View Post
    I love how you are forgetting that Sanders beat Robles very decisively earlier in the year, and that robles is, at least to a certain extent, a one trick pony.
    Oh yeah I forgot being one turn away from a tech fall is less dominant than a 7-3 win. Ahhhhh, my math issues haunt me yet again. Sanders better not let Robles on top or he will be counting lights like last time.

Maybe if he gets tech falled he can stomp on Robles some more.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
    Married life is ok. PM me the error you are receiving and I'll look into it.

Chalfant was supposed to go to Western Kentucky to play football, but he's not on the roster. He must have got lost on the way down there.

If Wright doesn't win it, it will really surprise me.
    Big Adam is that bright ,eh ? Wright is as good as they come or as good as I have seen in my nearly 40 years of wrestling experience . Was shocked he lost to Eppert .

Champ Kind, look what the cat dragged in just in time for wrastling season.

PARTICIPANTS: (the following athletes are confirmed)

125: #2 Anthony Robles (Arizona State) vs #4 Zach Sanders (Minnesota)

133: #4 Steve Bell (Maryland) vs #5 Daniel Dennis (Iowa)

141: #2 Nick Gallick (Iowa State) vs #3 Alex Krom (Maryland)

149:

157: #1 Jordan Burroughs (Nebraska) vs #2 Matt Moley (Bloomsburg)

165 :#4 Jonathan Reader (Iowa State) vs #6 Andrew Rendos (Bucknell)

174: #2 Chris Henrich (Virginia) vs #7 Stephen Dwyer (Nebraska)

184: #4 Max Askren (Missouri) vs #5 Josh Patterson (Binghamton)

197: #1 Jake Varner (Iowa State) vs #2 Craig Brester (Nebraska)

285: #1 Mark Ellis (Missouri) vs #5 David Zabriskie (Iowa State)

Featured Bouts:

141: Adin Duenas (Cal State Fullerton) vs. Elijah Nacita (Cal State Bakersfield)

184: Zach Giesen (Stanford) vs Enoch Francois (Cal Baptist University)

197: John Drake (Cal State Fullerton) vs Riley Orozco (Cal State Bakersfield)
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Champ Kind, look what the cat dragged in just in time for wrastling season.
    Oh how I have missed you goferphan.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
    Oh how I have missed you goferphan.
    Love you like a brother from another mother but always glad to have you on.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I see. I actually would agree with that. Happens all the time in H.S. and NCAAs. Get your mind thinking finals, then all you can get is 3rd? Brutal for some to come back from that. Still don't think he's better than Gallick, but it is a good point.
    Yup, Stardust captured what I was trying to say. The NCAA mitigates it somewhat by giving the semifinal losers the "night off."

It took years to convince the powers that be in Maryland high schools to alter the schedule so the semi losers didn't have to come back an hour later and wrestle in the consolation semis. You have one kid who felt he was on the verge of reaching the state finals, and had that dream dashed, wrestling a guy who just won in the consi quarters who was feeling pretty good about himself.

But it is still tough mentally, especially when it's your first time competing in the NCAAs. Gallick had been there before and, if the situation had been reversed, probably would have wrestled well on the consolation semis.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?