Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 NWCA All Star Classic: Predictions/Line Ups

Default Re: 2009 NWCA All Star Classic: Predictions/Line Ups

Sanders already beat Robles last year in one of their meetings and he did so pretty definitively.

First TD in the match will be the most important thing.

If Sanders can stake an early lead he probably will be able to pull things off without a ton of trouble.

He gives up the first TD like he did at NCAA's and Robles may actually tech him (like he was on his way to doing before an awful Mike Allen stalemate call).

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    No way Robles beats Sanders 8-1. Sanders is the only kid I know that starts the season well conditioned and I hope to god he got his schooling on those Robles tilts last year. I see this one very tight and going to Sanders. Yes, I AM a homer.
    I can't say there is "no way" that Robles majors Sanders, though I do find it unlikely. Conditioning doesn't matter when Robles has your wrist.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Once Robles starts tilting people he usually doesn't stop til the whistle blows -i think he teched Garnett,Orozco,Zoetaway ,Kjar and a host of lesser names . For Sanders to win he'll need to steal a TD and get the hell out from under .

I think -I'll check later -that out of Robles's 29 wins 21 came from a tech or a fall-that is impressive !!
    Last edited by r.payton@att.net; 10-25-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Sanders has already beaten Robles before. He did so definitely last year at Las Vegas by like six points.

I'm sure he knows what he needs to do in order to accomplish it again.

Yea-I think it was 7-3 -then Robles went on a rampage and teched or stuck everyone else he faced that day .
    What worries me is Sanders gave up 19 points last time they wrestled -I know Sanders cut him a lot but he shouldn't allow himself to fall behind that far . The final score was 19-10 and if they were still wrestling 3,3,3, like when I was in college, Sanders would have my bet to win .
    That is why I am unsure whether Charles will let Ashmore wrestle even if he wins the wrestle off . Robles is great PR and also a great wrestler whereas Ashmore is obviously a more traditional wrestler who will lose to a lot of people Robles would beat . The situation is obviously unfair to Ashmore yet what would you do as a coach ??

If I was a coach I would wrestle Robles JUST to piss off LoSt.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Yea-I think it was 7-3 -then Robles went on a rampage and teched or stuck everyone else he faced that day .
    You're actually right on the score.

[ame="http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234368-cliff-keen-las-vegas-invite/88964-125lbs-zach-sanders-minnesota-vs-anthony-robles-arizona-state"]125lbs Zach Sanders Minnesota- vs. Anthony Robles Arizona State- | Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invite on Flowrestling[/ame]

Video of the match courtesy of Flo.
    Last edited by JensenS; 10-25-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Actually just watched the match for the first time since last December and I was kind of struck by how good of a job Sanders did on the feet in terms of controlling the pace with an underhook especially in the first period.

Donahoe (in the semi's at NCAA's) and Ashmore (in their intersquad according to written accounts) made heavy use of a front head to try and control things.

The thing that would worry me about using a front head on Robles is that if you aren't really active with it you could leave yourself open to Robles using his strength and hitting a dump.

It would seem to me that combining a 3 pt. stance along w/ using a front head lock would be the best option on your feet. Having your legs away is key.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.