Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2009 NWCA All Star Classic: Predictions/Line Ups

Default Re: 2009 NWCA All Star Classic: Predictions/Line Ups

Quote Originally Posted by fanforlife View Post
    I did not read much of this thread (I was a little busy today), but there was a lot of great stuff that happened at Cal Fullerton today. The fans were great, the wrestling was great, and a lot of money was raised to help save a program that is needed. The wrestlers that competed today really gave it their all. They were great competitors.
    Congratulations to you on pulling off another great event!
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

well go Marvin go. Tar Heels rock and CD is a good Man.
    The Super 32 folks deserve a ton of credit for a job well done. I'm surprised that NC State can't get it together. I would think that with the kind of dollars in the program and the tremendous history that they could find a good coach who could take their fine athletes and turn that thing around. They've had some fine assistants and they just seem to move on. How about the great HS wrestlers in NC? Love it. Keep up the good work boys. You HS Coaches in NC are awesome too. Keep up the work. It's showing. Martin at the Takedown Report does and incredible job of compiling his reports and keeping me in touch.

Wrestling Terp. Debbie Yow is one Hell of a great admin. for sure. I would love to see the All Star head to the great DC area. That would be fantastic. Bring a bunch of attention to the east and it deserves it. How about the Terps having 2 guys in the Classic this year. Tremendous.
    I'm rambling, sorry Lots of great wrestling this weekend and I'm a little amped up!
    [SIGPIC]Scott Casber, Founder & Host of
    Takedown Wrestling Media- Radio and TV

Great job at the all star Scott. The wrestling was very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by OMatches View Post
    Great job at the all star Scott. The wrestling was very exciting.

Thanks alot. Larry Meredith did a great job. The kids wrestled well and the west coast was tremendous as a host. Dan Hicks is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Takedown Radio View Post
    Wrestling Terp. Debbie Yow is one Hell of a great admin. for sure. I would love to see the All Star head to the great DC area. That would be fantastic. Bring a bunch of attention to the east and it deserves it. How about the Terps having 2 guys in the Classic this year. Tremendous.
    Hudson Taylor was our first at the All Star meet since Gobel Kline in 1969. And Gobel was our first! So this marked the first time we had two in the All Star meet. Even though Steve Bell lost in the last 30 seconds I thought it was a great match. Certainly fun for those in attendance to watch.

I'll bug Kerry about trying to host the All Star meet at Comcast Center!!
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingTerp View Post
    Hudson Taylor was our first at the All Star meet since Gobel Kline in 1969. And Gobel was our first! So this marked the first time we had two in the All Star meet. Even though Steve Bell lost in the last 30 seconds I thought it was a great match. Certainly fun for those in attendance to watch.

I'll bug Kerry about trying to host the All Star meet at Comcast Center!!
    Hudson Taylor is a great guy. Best thing to happen to Maryland in the modern era. Steve Bell is very talented and yes even dangerous. I remember reading about Gobel Kline. Some kind of a phenom even in the day when there were over 300 D1 programs. Think about that. Thats a lot of wrestlers to be better than, even more important in some ways. SC

Quote Originally Posted by Takedown Radio View Post
    The Super 32 folks deserve a ton of credit for a job well done.
    Thanks!
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Are they going to show the matches on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach PomPom View Post
    Are they going to show the matches on TV?
    The Big 10 Network is supposed to air it sometime in December. I think I recall December 16 as being the date, but I'm not certain on that.

You can also go to www.Livesportsvideo.com to see the archived broadcast.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?