Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 44

Thread: Anyone else bothered by Obama's recent devisive comments?

  1. #10

    Default Re: Anyone else bothered by Obama's recent devisive comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black-n-Red View Post
    What? I'm supposed to be upset that he's not singing "Kumbaya" with the Republicans in Congress?

    Down right upsetting.........
    How about how he ran as the great uniter and turned out to be the great divider....just a thought

  2. #11
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: Anyone else bothered by Obama's recent devisive comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    How about how he ran as the great uniter and turned out to be the great divider....just a thought
    To call him divisive is laughable. He reached out to Republicans multiple times and publicly courted them for several measures. It became clear that the Republicans did not want to play nice.

  3. #12
    National Finalist leglace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: Anyone else bothered by Obama's recent devisive comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    To call him divisive is laughable. He reached out to Republicans multiple times and publicly courted them for several measures. It became clear that the Republicans did not want to play nice.
    Was this the moment in his first week of presidency he turned to a republican and said "I won" to send the party a message.

    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/0...-to-gop-i-won/

  4. #13
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Anyone else bothered by Obama's recent devisive comments?

    Wait, you're saying a politician ran on one platform JUST TO GET ELECTED?!?!?!?!

    *shock*

    I wish I could be outraged, but it'd be fake. It'd be nice if Obama was different, but he's just another politician, just like most everybody that becomes President. I can't hate the man for being the same as everyone else. I just hope that what he does ends up being good for the country.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  5. #14

    Default Re: Anyone else bothered by Obama's recent devisive comments?

    If only Obama could take some lessons from the previous administration. Oh, what a polite and all-inclusive group that was. Pure class.

    http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/arc..._06/004216.php

  6. #15
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Anyone else bothered by Obama's recent devisive comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshackleford View Post
    If only Obama could take some lessons from the previous administration. Oh, what a polite and all-inclusive group that was. Pure class.

    http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/arc..._06/004216.php
    As I stated, i don't really hate on Obama, but this is kind of BS. The old "this guy did it, so it's cool for me to do it" doesn't fly when you sell yourself as being different then the other guy and not going to get involved in that brand of politics.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #16

    Default Re: Anyone else bothered by Obama's recent devisive comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    As I stated, i don't really hate on Obama, but this is kind of BS. The old "this guy did it, so it's cool for me to do it" doesn't fly when you sell yourself as being different then the other guy and not going to get involved in that brand of politics.
    When someone is saying the previous admin was too classy for 'divisive' comments, why is it wrong to point out that that wasn't the case? I don't think Obama did anything nearly as divisive as telling a Senator to "go f-ck himself," did he? The point isn't that Obama is right or wrong, but that people like to complain about the other party doing it, and pretend theirs doesn't.

  8. #17
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: Anyone else bothered by Obama's recent devisive comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    Was this the moment in his first week of presidency he turned to a republican and said "I won" to send the party a message.

    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/0...-to-gop-i-won/
    Did you read the article?
    It was not presented the way you do. Sounds like Obama was listening to the other side and decided not to use their input, he emphasized what he was giong to do with the sound justification that he won, not exactly the gloating in your face scenario you seem to present.

    From the article:
    ... The aides who heard the remarks stressed that it wasn?t as boldly partisan as it might sound.

  9. #18
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Anyone else bothered by Obama's recent devisive comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshackleford View Post
    When someone is saying the previous admin was too classy for 'divisive' comments, why is it wrong to point out that that wasn't the case? I don't think Obama did anything nearly as divisive as telling a Senator to "go f-ck himself," did he? The point isn't that Obama is right or wrong, but that people like to complain about the other party doing it, and pretend theirs doesn't.
    Which is my point. Either Obama is just another politician, or he's something different. So far, he's proving to be just another politician. That doesn't change that I hope whatever he gets done is good for the country, but BOTH sides of this equation like to pretend their above these types of things, and then when they're given examples how they're not, they resort to "well, the other guys are even worse!" That's my only point.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •