Thread: North Korea

Default North Korea

Seems like they consistently contend in the lowest weights and seemingly come out of nowhere. I know North Korea is pretty secretive, but how are they so successful? What is their training like?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but they barely compete in tournaments outside of worlds/olympics, right?

Default Re: North Korea

Apparently they spend a lot of time on thigh workouts

Olympic Champ

Default Re: North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Seems like they consistently contend in the lowest weights and seemingly come out of nowhere. I know North Korea is pretty secretive, but how are they so successful? What is their training like?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but they barely compete in tournaments outside of worlds/olympics, right?
    It seems like they do the "you have never seen me before" type of strategy. Otherwise, one consistant part of their wrestling style is an explosive low shot technique, that seems to come at you in a random way; which coincides with their 'you have never seen me before' sneak up on the competition strategy. If they were out there a lot I suspect they would be 'figured out' to an extent. But since they compete so randomally that is harder to do.

FWIW, I love to watch them wrestle. They really get after it, are very busy, and always looking for an opportunity to score. They seem to get totally gassed at times and just keep on keeping on.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.