Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: 2009 World Championships: 74 KG Freestyle/48 KG Womens/51 KG Womens

Default Re: 2009 World Championships: 74 KG Freestyle/48 KG Womens/51 KG Womens

Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    That is actually part of the rules for the clinch position. They have gone over this at all the big national tournaments I have been too in "rules session" before wrestling starts.
    Yeah, I realize that because I have heard the same little speech given at tournaments, but I don't like it. Especially since you see matches occasionally where they let the defensive guy continue wrestling when he hits his butt if it looks like he is about to score. If it's not going to be consistent, it's frustrating.

Default Re: 2009 World Championships: 74 KG Freestyle/48 KG Womens/51 KG Womens

Quote Originally Posted by quick_single View Post
    It makes sense when we except the fact that the clinch is designed to be unfair and to penalize both wrestlers for not scoring in 2 minutes. They just want to end the period as quickly as possible and award a winner. That is why they make it quicker. BTW I had seen a few matches where they didn't award a point if you knocked the guy to his butt.
    Yes, I have seen matches like that too, where they let it go a little longer. I understand that the clinch is supposed to be completely unfair, but I feel like the "unfairness" should rest solely in the ball grab aspect of it. It's so much of an advantage to the guy that wins the ball grab, that he should not also get the advantage of not having to score a takedown the same as it would be during a regular period. It would at least make the clinch more exciting and less stupid I think.