Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2009 World Championships: 74 KG Freestyle/48 KG Womens/51 KG Womens

Default Re: 2009 World Championships: 74 KG Freestyle/48 KG Womens/51 KG Womens

wow thats freaking nuts, not only did tsargush win the russian nats off of a defensive clinch, he wins the worlds off of it too, his defence is insane

Goudarzi did a great job by beating Gaidarov. he has improved a lot this year.

third place and 3 medals is not bad. but losing 4 matches to Russia make me mad

hope for the better place in Greco . our coach think we can win the team title !! Let's Wait and See.

Well I wasn't able to watch these but I'm very happy for Tsargush and his victory. I knew it was going to be between Chama and Tsargush for gold. He did a great job in that match.

Also, very happy and excited for Russia and our team title. 4 gold,1 silver, and 1 bronze. We did alot better than I expected; I thought no more than 2-3 golds. We did really good this year and I congratulate every member of the Russian Freestyle World team and I hope the very best for each of the wrestlers in the future; they all seem to have a great one. They wrestled their hardest. Can't wait to see these guys next year when Worlds will be held in Russia. It looks like our dominance in freestyle isn't going anywhere except up. We continue to dominate and I am very proud of this and who we are and what we represent! Now it's just time to take the Greco title and I'm very confident we can do it.
    Last edited by grecowrestler13; 09-29-2009 at 06:28 PM.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by 5pointcrossankle View Post
    wow thats freaking nuts, not only did tsargush win the russian nats off of a defensive clinch, he wins the worlds off of it too, his defence is insane
    Same as Muradov did last year... and Gatsalov won at least one match with a defensive clinch at the Nationals this year in addition to his finals win.

When I was wrestling we practiced clinch defense every day. There seems to be an attitude on these boards that losing the ball grab is an automatic loss, but it isn't. Sure it's a disadvantage, but you need to be able to wrestle from the defensive position.

If FILA would just stop awarding "butt points" from the clinch all the time I think we'd actually see a lto of exciting scrambles from there.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Same as Muradov did last year... and Gatsalov won at least one match with a defensive clinch at the Nationals this year in addition to his finals win.

When I was wrestling we practiced clinch defense every day. There seems to be an attitude on these boards that losing the ball grab is an automatic loss, but it isn't. Sure it's a disadvantage, but you need to be able to wrestle from the defensive position.

If FILA would just stop awarding "butt points" from the clinch all the time I think we'd actually see a lto of exciting scrambles from there.
    I agree, especially now that some people have figured it out

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post

It makes no sense that they are so much quicker to award a takedown (ie "butt points" as you say) during the clinch period than during a regular period. During regulation, if you get a leg and the guy hits his butt with a crotch lift or something, they usually don't immediately give the offensive guy a point if the defensive guy is still in a potential scoring position.

Quote Originally Posted by dsnc471 View Post
    It makes no sense that they are so much quicker to award a takedown (ie "butt points" as you say) during the clinch period than during a regular period. During regulation, if you get a leg and the guy hits his butt with a crotch lift or something, they usually don't immediately give the offensive guy a point if the defensive guy is still in a potential scoring position.
    Yea I completely agree. I see alot of that, especially during the past few days at Worlds.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by dsnc471 View Post
    That is actually part of the rules for the clinch position. They have gone over this at all the big national tournaments I have been too in "rules session" before wrestling starts.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

It makes sense when we except the fact that the clinch is designed to be unfair and to penalize both wrestlers for not scoring in 2 minutes. They just want to end the period as quickly as possible and award a winner. That is why they make it quicker. BTW I had seen a few matches where they didn't award a point if you knocked the guy to his butt.