Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rules 2009-2010

Default Re: Rules 2009-2010

No. Only the tournaments listed are eligible to be scored. In addition, if your wrestler beats someone ranked in the Intermat Top 20 at any ineligible tournament, that match will be scored as well.

The change I made was that all duals will now be scored. Originally, I had it so only duals against D1 opponents would be scored.

Totally agree with whoever said you need to count the Mizzou open. Guarantee there will be more ranked wrestlers there than NC State and others. I'm calling anti-Mizzou bias, dude.

Fine with me. I'll add it to the list. I hadn't seen where anyone else had mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Totally agree with whoever said you need to count the Mizzou open. Guarantee there will be more ranked wrestlers there than NC State and others. I'm calling anti-Mizzou bias, dude.
    Ha HA Ha-you agreed with me ??? You'll never live this down .

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    If many other people agree with you, I'll change it. Like you said, most schools wrestle non-D1 opponents. I know Ohio State wrestles several at the Buckeye Duals, I just know there end up being a lot of pins in those matches so it's more a reflection of scheduling than skill.

I'm reconsidering now.
    Are you taking into account that all the PAC schools are actually Div II schools who wrestle Div I? Like Edinboro, Clarion, Bloomsburg, Millersville etc.

I haven't been around fantasy much...but...I say everything should count. This is not something i think should be implemented at this point, but what are the cons? All the teams go to some scrub tournaments, so lets just save the confusion and count them all.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Are you taking into account that all the PAC schools are actually Div II schools who wrestle Div I? Like Edinboro, Clarion, Bloomsburg, Millersville etc.
    huh? How is Edinboro D2...
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    huh? How is Edinboro D2...
    Where have you been for nearly 60 years?

Check all other sports. The Pennsylvania Athletic Conference has always been a Div II conference. http://www.psacsports.org/

Thats what makes PA wrestling so tough is that you have these 16 Div II schools competing in Div I along with Pitt & PSU. Lehigh & Bucknell are Div I-AA. Schools like Clarion that gave you Wade Schalles or Slippery Rock that gave you Stan Dziedzic.

When was the last time you paid attention to any other sport Edinboro was competing in? You haven't. Why? Cuz their Div II in EVERYTHING else.

Gold was stating that points were only counted against Div I opponents. Edinboro is not a Div I opponent. I was making sure that he meant schools COMPETING in Div I.

He later clarified it that points counted against any opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    If they are eligible to send wrestlers to the D1 NCAA Championships, they count.