Thread: How effective is a crotchlift off the whistle in top position?

Default How effective is a crotchlift off the whistle in top position?

Yeah,going straight to a cotchlift and bringin him up in folkstyle,off the whistle on top?

ok,let me rephrase this....i tried thsi at a camp abotu a month and a half ago, and what happened was,i covered on his left side,as i am a righty. I then took my right arm and put it through teh crotch and i hooked it over his left thigh. With my left arm, I gutwrenched him,with my left arm sliding under his left side, then i simply stood up. In theory,since my hands don't touch at all..... Is this legal?
    Last edited by ryguy557; 07-31-2009 at 07:11 PM.
    J Robinson 28 Day 2010-I Did It

Default Re: How effective is a crotchlift off the whistle in top position?

illegal. a crotchlift would require you to lock hands. why would you even want to do this? a crotchlift is effective after the bottom man stands up
    "It ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward, how much you can take and keep moving foward. That's how winning is done!"

If you want a crotch lift esque move try a simple turk, if he manages to stand up go for the crotch lift.

There's a kid that wrestled 189 in my region last year that would do the crotchlift everytime his opponent would stand up from the bottom. He was most likely the most muscular 189 pounder to ever come through the state of Virginia. He held his school's bench press record at nearly 500 pounds. As you can imagine, the path back down to the mat from the crotchlift was a rough one and I myself even experienced it once. After he would slam his opponent his entire team would cry out "Molly Wop Slam!". It was rather funny actually, but painful to say the least.
    "It ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward, how much you can take and keep moving foward. That's how winning is done!"

It wouldn't be a smart thing to do. You would: A, get called for locking and give up a point, and B, if you were to pull it off in a legal manner, (which you would risk giving up a point for, anyways) you would expend a decent amount of energy to get them back down to the mat again, on top, which is where you started......I wouldn't see the point in it. You would most likely give up a point regardless of how it goes and spend a lot of energy, not to mention that this would be in the 2nd or thrid period, where giving up points and having gas in the tank are crucial.
    "Wanting to win, that is common to all. But working to win, the drive to go the extra mile, to push yourself while no one's looking..that is the mark of a true champion."

Just wondering, how many cautions do you get for locking hands?

depends on the match, usually none or one. And stop playing with the Cornell logo, that's where I'm trying to go