Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fearless Predictions

Default Re: Fearless Predictions

Kish/Varner will be a good match up next year...I wouldn't even want to predict the outcome at NCAA's but we will get about 2-3 chances to see this match before then if they stay healthy all year.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

"Janzen does not become a 4 timer.......we may never see another one again."

I agree with the first half of your statement, but the second half is something to think about. It seems to me that there is a greater chance of a four-timer now than ever before. Many of these 18 and 19 year olds come in to college ready to wrestle at a top 10 level, and then they redshirt their freshman year and become even more competitive. In my opinion, these kids are more ready to compete at a high level than ever before.

I'm not trying to shoot down your statement, because I realize that these are supposed to be "out on a limb" predictions, but your post got me thinking about whether it is more likely or less likely to see a four-timer in the future. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Kish/Varner will be a good match up next year...I wouldn't even want to predict the outcome at NCAA's but we will get about 2-3 chances to see this match before then if they stay healthy all year.
    Roger Kish will be 4-0 against Jake Varner next year. The loss in Detroit was a one time win for Jake. Congrats

Spoken like a true Gopher, lol. I like Varner's odds. He's quick and smart. He won't be an easy foe for Kish and could snatch the big one from him. My bold prediction.

Lance Palmer wins the Big Ten. Mike Pucillo wins the national title if he doesn't face Herbert before the finals.

Man I thought mine was bold Wow

Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    Lance Palmer wins the Big Ten. Mike Pucillo wins the national title if he doesn't face Herbert before the finals.
    He won't face Herbert because, as noted, Herbert is taking an Olympic redshirt.

Some school I'm connected to closely will have an All-American.

The Big 10 will have all the NCAA champs next year. These are my picks, some are little more far fetched than other, but that is what this thread is about.

125- Ness (MN)
    133- Kennedy (IL)
    141- Lang (NW)
    149- Metcalf (IA)
    157- Poeta (IL)
    165- Tannenbaum (MI)
    174- Luke (MI)
    184- Todd (MI)
    197- Tamillow (NW)
    285- Fox (NW)
    Last edited by Illinois Fan; 07-13-2007 at 02:50 PM.