Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any thought on Dapper Dan?

Default Any thought on Dapper Dan?

Kyle Snyder is a man among boys.

Default Re: Any thought on Dapper Dan?

A couple quick thoughts

1. I'm a huge fan of Moisey and Micic beat the snot out of him. Very impressive performance
    2. The Macri vs Boston match is why these all star matches need to be taken with a grain of salt. Macri was just too big for Nathan
    3. I still am not convinced that Nevills is a better prospect than Haines or Stoll. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those three
    4. I'm a huge Jason Nolf fan and I think he is the best out of the big three that PSU is bringing in
    5. Chance Marsteller would have controlled the match and beat Bo Nickal comfortably
    6. I can't stand watching Peppelman wrestle. If everyone wrestled from a knee the sport wouldn't even last another year

Micic (OW) of the tourney , is a 3x Indiana state champ and is headed for Nortwestern next year . Boston was a 2 or 3 x Indiana state champ before moving to Ky and will be at ISU next year. Reiterating my point that IU cannot keep the best talent in the state .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

i think the days of pa just beating up the rest of the country might be over. i still think they are the best and toughest state as far as wrestling but too many other states have improved to close the gap. i do however think if chance would have wrestled the score would have been much closer. loiseau (his replacement) is in the league in which i coach and i see him many times per year and chance is in our district so i see him a fair amount too. saying that to say that chance would at least major (and probably pin or tech) loiseau. steve battled bo tough and makes me believe a healthy chance would have beaten bo handily. also a few of the participants for team pa could have been upgraded as well. anyway, it was entertaining and i think the haines match makes me anxious to watch them battle thru college. i thought haines was right there. so much for my thoughts.

I'd love to see an Ohio v PA dual set up like this.

As previously discussed, I don't want to put too much stock in a single match either, but I wasn't that impressed with Bo. Maybe just an off night.

1st Place, appreciate the context regarding Boston. He got beat like a drum and I really didn't expect that to happen.

Nolf is a stud and a RS year to put on some muscle will do him good.

Nevills is better than Haines right now, but that gap could easily close. I was impressed with both.

Not sure what Snyder weighed last night. Any ideas? Cutting to 197 for the next 4 years probably won't be much fun, if he is better suited as a HS 220.

Boykin is a really good prospect and Snyder still made it look easy. Him and Cox are going to have some fun battles if they both stay at 197

Quote Originally Posted by yakrider View Post
    i think the days of pa just beating up the rest of the country might be over. i still think they are the best and toughest state as far as wrestling but too many other states have improved to close the gap. i do however think if chance would have wrestled the score would have been much closer. loiseau (his replacement) is in the league in which i coach and i see him many times per year and chance is in our district so i see him a fair amount too. saying that to say that chance would at least major (and probably pin or tech) loiseau. steve battled bo tough and makes me believe a healthy chance would have beaten bo handily. also a few of the participants for team pa could have been upgraded as well. anyway, it was entertaining and i think the haines match makes me anxious to watch them battle thru college. i thought haines was right there. so much for my thoughts.
    What team do you coach? I'm a Mechanicsburg graduate

Agree with other comments...really looking forward to what may prove to be some great college rivalries including:
    Nevills-Haines
    Marstellar-Nikal

Snyder stepping in at tOSU next year...it will be interesting to see how he stacks up against J'Den Cox. Last match I saw on YouTube where they matched up, Cox was the victor.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    What team do you coach? I'm a Mechanicsburg graduate
    I'm a Cedar Cliff grad, class of '94.
    Mechanicsburg's program has come along way since then.