Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schiller vs Meeks at All Star Classic! Why?

Default Schiller vs Meeks at All Star Classic! Why?

Why would he accept an invitation to wrestle Meeks, a guy that MAJORED him at the NCAAs last spring? Couldn't they find a better match, or are they expecting Schiller to improve on his performance?

Default Re: Schiller vs Meeks at All Star Classic! Why?

Well, they are the top two finishers from last year that are returning, so I would guess that's why the NWCA would want that match, and if you want to compete, you have to wrestle the guy they are offering you.

The 197 match was going to be about the least anticipated regardless of who got the invite.

They are exciting to watch and it promises to be an entertaining match.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    Why would he accept an invitation to wrestle Meeks, a guy that MAJORED him at the NCAAs last spring? Couldn't they find a better match, or are they expecting Schiller to improve on his performance?
    First of all, NWCA starts with the top finishers and invites them first. So that's why THEY came up with this match.

Second, why would this be a bad thing for Schiller? It gives him mat time against someone who will stand between him and a title(potentially) for no risk. What's the worst that can happen(apart from injuries)? He loses big again? Schiller stands to gain plenty by wrestling this match. Also, elite wrestlers don't typically shy away from tough spots or get scared as you seem to insinuate.

I'm actually excited to watch this one, and don't think Schiller get's bonused again. Maybe he does. either way, I'm glad he accepted and wouldn't back down as Buck (seemingly) suggests he should.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

It would have been cool if Ed Ruth moved up to meet Meeks.

Matt Brown and Andrew Howe will go at 174. I'm interested to see Howe after the extended freestyle/injury time off. I think it is a great match, though a tough style match-up for Brown.

Does anyone know where the full listing is/will be? The daily announcements are draining me - I just want the full list.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Matt Brown and Andrew Howe will go at 174. I'm interested to see Howe after the extended freestyle/injury time off. I think it is a great match, though a tough style match-up for Brown.

Does anyone know where the full listing is/will be? The daily announcements are draining me - I just want the full list.
    I know what you mean, but it makes it exciting (for me at least) to have one match take up the conversation for a little bit at a time.

So far it's
    125-Patterson v. Nahshon
    133-
    141-Tony V. Devin
    149-Logie v. Maple
    157-
    165-DT v. Moreno
    174-Howe v. Brown
    184-Ruth v. not yet announced
    197-meeks v. schiller
    285-Nelson v. McMullan
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Could 133 be Mango and Graff???