Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 26

Thread: Hey Governor Romney: Call It Off!!

  1. #1

    Default Hey Governor Romney: Call It Off!!

    With the recent seeming turnaround in the polls, I wonder if it would be a good idea..............




    Probably no need to finish this thought.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Hey Governor Romney: Call It Off!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    With the recent seeming turnaround in the polls, I wonder if it would be a good idea..............




    Probably no need to finish this thought.
    I'm guessing that we're back to square one, after last night.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Hey Governor Romney: Call It Off!!

    Why would we back at square one again. Ryan did a great job in the debate and I believe he gave off a better more confident image. Biden did fine also but he was very unprofessional and I think that lost him the debate, each of the candidates, had command of the issues, biden was strong on foreign policy but Ryan held his own and then I thought Ryan got the better of the debate on economic issues. Ryan spoke more clearly while Biden fumbled over his words. So I dont think that we are back to square one at all, Biden rallied the base and Ryan not only rallied the base also did not held the momentum gained from the Presidential debate.

    But Biden did look pompous and arrogant and I think it came off badly, he was snarky and dismissive. If this was a judged debate in a class I think Ryan won and I think he won anyway because people are rubbed the wrong way by a guy who simply interrupts constantly, they dont think its correct debate edicate, which its not and they assume he is doing it because he has something to hide or is not really strong on the issue so he has to cause havoc.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Hey Governor Romney: Call It Off!!

    Dismissive, smug, and arrogant were words that used to be applied to GWB, now I think we can freely apply them to Biden. Unbelievablly arrogant attitude, really off-putting and distracting. I can't imagine working with someone like that, what a d-bag.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Hey Governor Romney: Call It Off!!

    Democrats LOVE Biden, including myself. I truly have never been so impressed with him than I was last night. Not afraid to talk about more liberal issues, and not afraid to say what needs to be done to begin righting the ship.

    In all honesty, Ryan looked like he was completely out of his league last night by a 40 year veteran who mopped the floor with him. Quoting Bill Maher last night from twitter, "Someone call 9-11. An old man is beating up a young boy on tv."
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Hey Governor Romney: Call It Off!!

    "When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and there is no peace and quiet." -Proverbs 29:9-

    I think you are completely wrong and I know that you and I are both looking through a jaded lense, but every poll I saw or focus group I saw said the exact opposite of what you are saying, the cnn focus group was split evenly and nearly all of the panelist thought that Biden and Ryan both did well but Ryan won based on his demeanor. When you are the Vice President you need to act a little more professional. I enjoyed the debate and the passion, from both sides. I hated it when Biden constently interutpted every single time Ryan spoke and then to cry just like Obama did about time to speak, then come to find out at the end of the debate Biden spoke more. He looked like he was in a bar room debate not a vice presidential one.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Hey Governor Romney: Call It Off!!

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    "When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and there is no peace and quiet." -Proverbs 29:9-

    I think you are completely wrong and I know that you and I are both looking through a jaded lense, but every poll I saw or focus group I saw said the exact opposite of what you are saying, the cnn focus group was split evenly and nearly all of the panelist thought that Biden and Ryan both did well but Ryan won based on his demeanor. When you are the Vice President you need to act a little more professional. I enjoyed the debate and the passion, from both sides. I hated it when Biden constently interutpted every single time Ryan spoke and then to cry just like Obama did about time to speak, then come to find out at the end of the debate Biden spoke more. He looked like he was in a bar room debate not a vice presidential one.
    Yes, I have a jaded lens, but I'll also admit defeat or a good performance when I see one (note my comments about the Obama and Willard Mitt Romney debate). With that said, Ryan got called on numerous lies or distortions, and Biden just sat an shot fact after fact at him. As I said last night, I'm not sure that I've ever seen a better, more factual debate given by anoyone than that.

    I also suspect that republicans felt that Biden had the edge too, simply because AM radio was hooting and hollering for two weeks straight in victory after the Presidential debate, but spent ALL DAY today screaming and yowling about Biden. I interpreted that as he got the best of Ryan and they were enraged over it.

    The other thing is this: Obama was "unprofessional" by his calm, non confrontational demanor, and Biden was "unprofessional" by his confrontational demanor. I think that tells us something too.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Hey Governor Romney: Call It Off!!

    You can be confrontational without looking like an pugnatious jerk. He could have laid out all of his suppossed facts and been fiery when Ryan had finished speaking. Again not one single poll or focus group that I saw on msnbc, fox or cnn had Biden winning and most people felt like he won the foreign policy debate which he should have but that Ryan held his own and that Ryan won the economic debate with Biden holding his own. Obama neeed to be more assertive, he didnt need to interupt Romney. That is not how you debate on that stage.

    Also please tell all of these facts that Biden gave and lies he exposed.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Hey Governor Romney: Call It Off!!

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    You can be confrontational without looking like an pugnatious jerk. He could have laid out all of his suppossed facts and been fiery when Ryan had finished speaking. Again not one single poll or focus group that I saw on msnbc, fox or cnn had Biden winning and most people felt like he won the foreign policy debate which he should have but that Ryan held his own and that Ryan won the economic debate with Biden holding his own. Obama neeed to be more assertive, he didnt need to interupt Romney. That is not how you debate on that stage.

    Also please tell all of these facts that Biden gave and lies he exposed.
    I'd rather not take all of the time to point out the falsehoods, so I'll concede that to factcheck. FactCheck.org : Veep Debate Violations

    I also think that people should be a bit careful in throwing around terms like, "pompous," "arrogant," etc. when only one person in the fight has stated what he has about the leeches in the bottom 47%. Granted, I DO NOT see Ryan as pompous or arrogant, and I actually don't see Willard Mitt Romney as pompous or arrogant either, but when he made repeated comment after repeated comment about those on the bottom tiers of society, there's only one conclusion that can be drawn from that: pompous, and to a lesser degree, arrogant.

    Again, that is perception, even though I don't see either as that. I will be honest when I say that I wasn't greatly afraid of a John Sidney McCain presidency, nor am I greatly afraid of a Willard Mitt Romney presidency. I just think that Obama is best fit for the job right now.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •