Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 41

Thread: Mississippi burning

  1. #10

    Default Re: Mississippi burning

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Actually, I disagree. Where has mud been slung at McCain from democrats?
    From what I have seen most of the mud slinging has come from the Democrats against Democrats.

    There has been some towards McCain but not much. I have only seen a few. I believe it is because they (Clinton and Obama) are in a heated battle at this point. Though it will increase and Republicans will probably join in. Just not yet.

  2. #11

    Default Re: Mississippi burning

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    From what I have seen most of the mud slinging has come from the Democrats against Democrats.

    There has been some towards McCain but not much. I have only seen a few. I believe it is because they (Clinton and Obama) are in a heated battle at this point. Though it will increase and Republicans will probably join in. Just not yet.
    Fair enough, and I would agree.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Mississippi burning

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Actually, I disagree. Where has mud been slung at McCain from democrats?
    I don't have quotes, but I've heard a lot of stuff about "100 years in Iraq", "A vote for McCain is a vote for Bush's policies", "his gas tax plan is gimmic-y" (which is true by the way).

    Most of the mud is going back and forth between Hillary and Barak, but that's just because they're in a heated race currently. All the idiots in congress are throwing mud back and forth at each other pretty constantly also.
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

  4. #13
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Mississippi burning

    And the on-going discussion of race and Rev Wright (and by extension Obama) by right-wing talk radio, newspaper columnists, and cable TV is from "the Democrats"? Oh, I forgot, talk radio isn't really media for it's taken the role of criticizing "the media". And if they tell you want you want to hear, who's asking questions?

  5. #14

    Default Re: Mississippi burning

    Good point, matclone.

    It reminds me of a cult. The right wing media keeps reminding everyone that "they are all lying to you in the media. None of them tell you the truth and they all lie to you. Only we have the truth and are telling it to you."

    The sad and scary part is that everyone has fallen for it in lockstep. Not surprising, though.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  6. #15
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Mississippi burning

    If we were to accept the framework projected by the major media sources in this country, it would be like a scene from WWI. There would be a trench, with "democrats (aka the liberals)" hunkered down on one side and "republicans (aka the conservatives) on the other. We would be at "war" and we would be the two factions at war in the world. If one of your guys fell to the ground ill or dead, you would blame it on a bullet from the guys in the other bunker. There would be no bombs from overhead, there would be no danger of disease or shortage of supplies from within. It would be strictly a two-dimensional world. Our transitor radios and DJ Gobbels would blare 24/7: "They did it! They killed him!" and we would believe what we heard, no questions asked.

  7. #16

    Default Re: Mississippi burning

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    Are you an Idiot or just filled with so much Hate that you can't see what is right in front of you.

    The country is sick of the current administration. Yes, and it is hurting the republicans in Congress. If the current Democratic Congress continues to act the way they do it will just be a matter of time before they are out. I believe they have an historically low approval rating as well.

    You are always saying the 28%. Which is of course the approval rating of Bush. I have said it once and I will say it again. ALL REPUBLICANS ARE NOT FANS OF BUSH!!

    Here is another fact for you..shhh it's a secret "Bush is not running".

    From what I have observed it is the Democrats that are slinging mud right now and not the Republicans.
    Getting under your skin there, eh kid?

    Go play on the freeway.

  8. #17

    Default Re: Mississippi burning

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    I didn't say anything about Bill Clinton. But to answer your question he is the husband of a person running for office so that is probably why he get's brought up from time to time. From what I have observed it has been mostly by Obama supporters.

    Have you been watching the race between Clinton and Obama? One could almost write a book with the amount of material there.

    Of course mud has been thrown at Obama. No one said it hasn't but most of the mud has been thrown by the other half of your party.
    Yeah, and our party is kicking the shit out of yours.

    Go play on the freeway.

  9. #18

    Default Re: Mississippi burning

    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    I don't have quotes, but I've heard a lot of stuff about "100 years in Iraq", "A vote for McCain is a vote for Bush's policies", "his gas tax plan is gimmic-y" (which is true by the way).

    Most of the mud is going back and forth between Hillary and Barak, but that's just because they're in a heated race currently. All the idiots in congress are throwing mud back and forth at each other pretty constantly also.
    That isn't mudslinging. McCain in fact did say 100 years...even 1000. McCain is rubber stamping Bush's economic and foreign policy. McCain and Clinton both have thrown out the ridiculous gas tax "holiday" BS. That ain't mudslinging...that's pointing out differences in their positions. That is what a good politician does.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •