Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 33

Thread: Why I love Bill O'Reilly

  1. #19

    Default Re: Why I love Bill O'Reilly

    In my opinion, cable TV news in general (the U.S. channels) is a vast wasteland and generally useless if one seeks to be informed on any particular issue
    So I take it you only believe in the main Liberal stations to tell you the truth. LMAO

  2. #20

    Default Re: Why I love Bill O'Reilly

    Quote Originally Posted by ctc View Post
    I will go on the record as one that likes Bill O'Reilly. Actually, he is the most trusted and watched news commentator in America. For those of you that think O'Reilly is a nutcase, please do tell me who your favorite news commentator is so that I can bash your baffoon.
    Carl Kasell
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

  3. #21
    National Finalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    832

    Default Re: Why I love Bill O'Reilly

    legridder155,
    I believe you have it all wrong. Matclone gets his news from trusted sources - NBC, ABC, and a handful of wonderful tabloids in the grocery store check-out line.

  4. #22
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Why I love Bill O'Reilly

    Quote Originally Posted by legridder155 View Post
    So I take it you only believe in the main Liberal stations to tell you the truth. LMAO
    You drew this conclusion from what?

  5. #23

    Default Re: Why I love Bill O'Reilly

    Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    In my opinion, cable TV news in general (the U.S. channels) is a vast wasteland and generally useless if one seeks to be informed on any particular issue. As I've mentioned before, and I'm saying it again, they're selling a product, not delivering news. There's a distinction.

    No O'Reilly doesn't generally get upset. His usual technique is to frequently interrupt or shout down his guests. There's a film out about Fox (a different issue) that shows him browbeating a 19 year old kid whose father (I believe) was killed in Iraq so he was now protesting the war. This is appealing to the Archie Bunkers (ctc) of the world.
    And just who does Moyers appeal to?

    Face it. We all tend to appreciate those who advocate positions we agree with. O'Reilly is no more polemic than Moyers who characterizes Hannity's words as "political pornography" (All of which begs the question... Does he think that Hannity's political speech should be censored? And it also presents the diacotomy of liberalism and conservatism at their fringes. At the conservative end they want to protect political speech and ban porn and at the liberal end they want to ban political speech and protect porn.)

  6. #24

    Default Re: Why I love Bill O'Reilly

    Quote Originally Posted by Tight-Waist View Post
    And just who does Moyers appeal to?

    Face it. We all tend to appreciate those who advocate positions we agree with. O'Reilly is no more polemic than Moyers who characterizes Hannity's words as "political pornography" (All of which begs the question... Does he think that Hannity's political speech should be censored? And it also presents the diacotomy of liberalism and conservatism at their fringes. At the conservative end they want to protect political speech and ban porn and at the liberal end they want to ban political speech and protect porn.)
    Comparing O'Reilly to Moyers?

    Wow, you really need to go back and flirt with dreamy. She's more your speed.

    BTW, what's a diacotomy?

  7. #25

    Default Re: Why I love Bill O'Reilly

    Quote Originally Posted by slayer View Post
    ....BTW, what's a diacotomy?
    I think it's a wrestling move. No wait... I think it's a type of surgery. Or is that a lobotomy?
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

  8. #26

    Default Re: Why I love Bill O'Reilly

    A handful of reminders about conservatives and free speech. I have many more where this came from. Give me a holler.

    Dixie Chicks
    Joycelyn Elders
    Home Skooled
    General Betrayus
    Gingrich wants to restrict freedom of speech? - Countdown with Keith Olbermann - MSNBC.com
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  9. #27

    Default Re: Why I love Bill O'Reilly

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    A handful of reminders about conservatives and free speech. I have many more where this came from. Give me a holler.

    Dixie Chicks
    Joycelyn Elders
    Home Skooled
    General Betrayus
    Gingrich wants to restrict freedom of speech? - Countdown with Keith Olbermann - MSNBC.com

    The Dixie Chicks? I would like to hear this one. Is it because their record sales went down and their concerts had to be canceled. They had every right to say what they did and we have every right not to buy their music.

    I would like to hear more of your examples. This will be funny!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •