Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 107

Thread: McCain's Navy Record Released

  1. #10
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: McCain's Navy Record Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    We hear or read about it almost every time McCain is mentioned. He is definitely getting a lot of mileage out of it.
    Perhaps, but if he could do it over, I'm sure he'd rather have not been captured and would be willing to forego the mileage. I doubt he was sitting in his cell or enduring abuse thinking, "This will look great on my resume."
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  2. #11
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: McCain's Navy Record Released

    There is a flip side to this that we never hear about. Millions of innocent people died and McCain feels he did a great thing. I respect Kerry much more for admitting it was a ridiculous war.

  3. #12
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: McCain's Navy Record Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    There is a flip side to this that we never hear about. Millions of innocent people died and McCain feels he did a great thing. I respect Kerry much more for admitting it was a ridiculous war.
    I can't get into his head, but I don't think he believes he did a great thing. I think he believes he suffered in service to his country, and will leave it up to the citizens of the country to decide if it's a great thing.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  4. #13
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: McCain's Navy Record Released

    Seems like he suffered in service to himself. Nobody benefited more from his suffering than he himself.

  5. #14
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: McCain's Navy Record Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post

    McCain figured rotting in a Vietnamese prison was his only chance to fame.
    Any benefits came after the fact. I'm refuting the assertion you made here.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  6. #15
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: McCain's Navy Record Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Any benefits came after the fact. I'm refuting the assertion you made here.
    No different than a High school National champion that receives full scholarship to go to college. McCain knew what and why he was doing it. In fact McCain thought the war was worth it at the time and still does.

  7. #16
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: McCain's Navy Record Released

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    No different than a High school National champion that receives full scholarship to go to college. McCain knew what and why he was doing it. In fact McCain thought the war was worth it at the time and still does.
    The war, yes. His captivity, I doubt it.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  8. #17

    Default Re: McCain's Navy Record Released

    Big you have completely lost touch with reality. Step back and read what your wrote. You condemn a man who proved himself a hero, by anyones standard, yet you will come on here a defend men like Stalin. All I can say is WOW! You can disagree with his politics but he is a great man.

  9. #18
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: McCain's Navy Record Released

    Quote Originally Posted by doublej View Post
    Big you have completely lost touch with reality. Step back and read what your wrote. You condemn a man who proved himself a hero, by anyones standard, yet you will come on here a defend men like Stalin. All I can say is WOW! You can disagree with his politics but he is a great man.
    Stalin saved the World from Hitler and built a great Nation. What has McCain done? LOL

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •