Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
Results 109 to 116 of 116

Thread: Anti-Immigrant Sentiment

  1. #109

    Default Re: Anti-Immigrant Sentiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Tight-Waist View Post
    Why dont you tell us matty where the vast majority of illegal immigrants come from.

    But be careful you dont sound racist.

    Well, would I be racist if I said the correct answer? Europe.

    This is cut and pasted from some data that I use concerning where "illegals" come from.


    • 60% of all illegal immigrants in the U.S. are from Europe on expired visas.



      • There are 50,000 undocumented workers from Northern Ireland that currently live in Boston because of the political strife in N. Ireland.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  2. #110

    Default Re: Anti-Immigrant Sentiment

    I think those figures are misleading imo. They can count those because they have records of expired visas. 50,000 from Ireland is a drop in the bucket when its compared to Mexicans in the United States here illegally. We're talking about multiple millions from the south that are here illegally. They're illegal aliens -- not undocumented immigrants. And there are many millions here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Well, would I be racist if I said the correct answer? Europe.

    This is cut and pasted from some data that I use concerning where "illegals" come from.


    • 60% of all illegal immigrants in the U.S. are from Europe on expired visas.
    • There are 50,000 undocumented workers from Northern Ireland that currently live in Boston because of the political strife in N. Ireland.

  3. #111

    Default Re: Anti-Immigrant Sentiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone85 View Post
    I think those figures are misleading imo. They can count those because they have records of expired visas. 50,000 from Ireland is a drop in the bucket when its compared to Mexicans in the United States here illegally. We're talking about multiple millions from the south that are here illegally. They're illegal aliens -- not undocumented immigrants. And there are many millions here.
    Even so, the number is accurate, as estimates are generally fairly close to one another of the numbers of people here "illegally" without expired visas. Anyway that you chop it, and my point all along, the majority of "illegals" in the U.S. are here from Europe and not Mexico.

    Would that 50,000 be a "drop in the bucket" if they were of another color of skin?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #112

    Default Re: Anti-Immigrant Sentiment

    I'm not talking about color/race. I'm assuming the 50k is accurate from Ireland, however, I don't think very many people are willing to concede that there are only 50,000 Mexicans here illegally. That's what I meant by the 'drop in the bucket' quote; it's a lot bigger than 50k.

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Even so, the number is accurate, as estimates are generally fairly close to one another of the numbers of people here "illegally" without expired visas. Anyway that you chop it, and my point all along, the majority of "illegals" in the U.S. are here from Europe and not Mexico.

    Would that 50,000 be a "drop in the bucket" if they were of another color of skin?

  5. #113

    Default Re: Anti-Immigrant Sentiment

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Well, would I be racist if I said the correct answer? Europe.

    This is cut and pasted from some data that I use concerning where "illegals" come from.


    • 60% of all illegal immigrants in the U.S. are from Europe on expired visas.


      • There are 50,000 undocumented workers from Northern Ireland that currently live in Boston because of the political strife in N. Ireland.
    Ban even for you... this was an incredibly stupid statement. I dont know where you got that bovine scatology from but here is what the Pew Hispanic Center says. And I can get more to back this up if you want to argue.
    Number of Illegal Immigrants Hits 12M

    WASHINGTON (AP) - The number of illegal immigrants in the United States has grown to as many as 12 million, and they now account for about one in every 20 workers, a new estimate says. Efforts to curb illegal immigration have not slowed the pace, said a report Tuesday by the Pew Hispanic Center.

    The report went on to say....

    "Tuesday's report by the Pew Hispanic Center said Mexicans make up 56 percent of illegal immigrants. An additional 22 percent come from other Latin American countries, mainly in Central America. About 13 percent are from Asia, and Europe and Canada combine for 6 percent."

  6. #114
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Anti-Immigrant Sentiment

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    In California ,the late 80's -illegals used to ride around on bicycles selling weed -they'd get arrested ,deported andbe back on their bikes in a week . When I told you about my friend getting killed you insinuated I was lying -but all they did [at that time ]was deport illegals . This was when the state of California , in it's infinite wisdom , made all public notices bi-lingual .Right /wrong ,I don't care . But I defy anyone to take a stroll down the boardwalk of Venice Beach these days .

    As for benefits -they do get them .PERIOD. You are wrong -accept it or not , once again -I don't care .

    The reason I chimed in earlier, was specifically to counter your incorrect statement that unauthorized immigrants get Social Security or food stamps. Now you, like Kong, change your proposition to "'they' get benefits"--which can mean just about anything. I earlier pointed out just what unauthorized immigrants may get: K-12 education and emergency medical care. I also pointed out that they are excluded from: basically all federal programs (including food stamps, Medicare, and Social Security). That's the law. If you doubt me, next time you're in the Social Security office ask someone who works there.

    My overriding concern is not so much that you would be wrong about a statement of fact (we all make mistakes and are frequently misinformed), but the purpose for which this misstatement was made--evidently to denigrate Mexicans by telling us they get something they don't deserve--and this gets back to the point Ban was making when he started this thread. You did it again by telling us "they" were selling weed at Venice Beach in the 80s. Did you ask their immigrants status, or did you just see a Mexican?

    I read and hear all this misinformation about immigrants and conclude that something else is at play, and that's a problem. Like I asked before, what if we made all our public policy decisions based on misinformation?
    Last edited by matclone; 05-12-2008 at 02:47 PM.

  7. #115
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Anti-Immigrant Sentiment

    Why do you constantly try to make everything racial with your ''THEY'' this and that -you are merely playing semantics . And I have asked my case mgr. about the situation and he cannot believe the Indiana supreme court ruling -as for the rest of it -Ibelieve i am right and you believe you are right . Period .

  8. #116
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Anti-Immigrant Sentiment

    I'm sorry if my explanations are not clear. If I were to apply your standard of accuracy and fairness, or lack thereof, to disabled persons, I would say "they" cheat, "they" get something they don't deserve, "anybody" can get it, and "they" are a blight on society--not attempting to make any sort of distinctions, not caring if my statements had any degree of accuracy, while only intending to disparage someone different than me. But I don't.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •