Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Results 82 to 89 of 89
Discuss America's still the best at the Politics & Religion within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Originally Posted by Chance174 Although the US is split on who is the right person ...
  1. #82
    CWF
    CWF is offline
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: America's still the best

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    Although the US is split on who is the right person to run this country, most of us will agree that America is the best country in the world!

    This is a great link!!
    The link aside, you are probably right.

    The sad part is MOST Americans don't know why.

    MOST Americans have never been to another country and have only internal patriotic indoctrination on which to base their conclusion.

    Most Americans can't even name all the states and rarely see beyond their own little piece of their individual interpretation of the American Dream... the length and breath of their living space and day to day coping with existence.

    Most eligible Americans don't vote. Most American are busy trying to figure out how to best their neighbors.

    Can you imagine how great our country would be if Most Americans really cared?
    Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing.
    William Shakespeare, Troilus and Cressida, Act 1, Scene 2

  2. #83
    Big
    Big is offline
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: America's still the best

    Can you imagine how great our country would be if Most Americans really cared?

    Communism

  3. #84
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: America's still the best

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Can you imagine how great our country would be if Most Americans really cared?

    Communism
    Nope. I don't know if you've noticed, but Communism fell apart in the country that was the face of Communism. Now, we have countries with different forms of Communism that are taking a shot with it. Communismis a flawed system.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  4. #85
    Big
    Big is offline
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: America's still the best

    Communismis a flawed system.

    Because people don't care enough......

  5. #86
    Round of 12 Cyclone85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    460

    Default Re: America's still the best

    The exact opposite is the truth. It is uncaring and cruel to make failure an impossibility. People become mediocre, average, and lifeless if failure is not an option.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Communismis a flawed system.

    Because people don't care enough......

  6. #87
    CWF
    CWF is offline
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: America's still the best

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone85 View Post
    The exact opposite is the truth. It is uncaring and cruel to make failure an impossibility. People become mediocre, average, and lifeless if failure is not an option.

    Since when has it been necessary to MAKE failure a possibility? Failure is as natural as the sun rising in the morning. Success requires work.

    ALL forms of government are flawed. Each country simply lives with what they have... or changes it at some point ... or WE step in and try to change it for them, sigh.
    Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing.
    William Shakespeare, Troilus and Cressida, Act 1, Scene 2

  7. #88
    Round of 12 Cyclone85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    460

    Default Re: America's still the best

    Are you sure we disagree? I was responding to the idea that communism is flawed (and I think it is). Among many other reasons already previously mentioned, I think it is also flawed because isn't it true that you can't really fail or succeed in a communist society? What I am saying is that if you *knew* Big Government was not going to step in and take care of you, you might be a little more motivated to work, go to school, study more, and reach for the stars.

    I agree that success requires hard work.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    Since when has it been necessary to MAKE failure a possibility? Failure is as natural as the sun rising in the morning. Success requires work.

    ALL forms of government are flawed. Each country simply lives with what they have... or changes it at some point ... or WE step in and try to change it for them, sigh.
    Last edited by Cyclone85; 05-19-2008 at 03:22 PM.

  8. #89
    NCAA Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Soonerland
    Posts
    1,331

    Default Re: America's still the best

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Communismis a flawed system.

    Because people don't care enough......
    When you say "care enough" did you mean like Stalin, or Mao?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

user tags

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •