Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 19 to 27 of 27

Thread: Government subsidies mark oil more expensive for everyone

  1. #19

    Default

    American capitalism lets your sole purpose be anything you want it to be. If you want to make $12,000/yr and live in a studio apartment, you can do that. If you want to be a billionaire, you can do that, too. Apparently you like the American system enough to stay. See, being able to do whatever you want isn't that bad, is it?

  2. #20
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default

    In America it is about what majority values. Wealth is valued above all in America. That will not work.

  3. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    In America it is about what majority values. Wealth is valued above all in America. That will not work.
    The majority gets to decide what you should value? They haven't told me what I should value yet. It must not have worked its way south yet.

  4. #22
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default

    You and I mean nothing. Just like nobody forces you to do anything you don't want, nobody is going to listen to you in particular either. Its about majority.

  5. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    You and I mean nothing. Just like nobody forces you to do anything you don't want, nobody is going to listen to you in particular either. Its about majority.
    Which is made up of individuals

  6. #24
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default

    A group of people is MUCH DIFFERENT THAN AN INDIVIDUAL.

    A person might like one thing but will do the opposite if the other three of his friends do the opposite. You might be different but the majority of people are just like this.

  7. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    A group of people is MUCH DIFFERENT THAN AN INDIVIDUAL.

    A person might like one thing but will do the opposite if the other three of his friends do the opposite. You might be different but the majority of people are just like this.
    Does the majority also tell you how to feel, when to eat, what to do, and when to breathe? If the majority jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?

  8. #26
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default

    We are talking about wealth, not extremes like jumping off of a bridge. Get a grip.

  9. #27

    Default

    The same thing applies. If it applies to wealth (personal decisions like what you buy, what you do with your own money), it also applies to things you do (personal decisions like jumping off bridges).

    Get a grip.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •