Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 24

Thread: Treasonous Berkley city council.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Treasonous Berkley city council.

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1963527/posts

    The extreme far left wackos in Berkley California want to evict the marines recruiters and say they are not welcome. This is the kind of stuff that makes me question the intelligence and the patriotism of the people in Berkley and of all the extreme left (password).

    To my pleasure many federal and state officials have recommended that the government withhold hundreds of millions of dollars from Berkley. I also would only hope that Berkley falls into some state of emergency and the armed forces leave them to fend for themselves. Because after all they are unwelcome in Berkley so why would they need the help of our troops.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Treasonous Berkley city council.

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1963527/posts

    The extreme far left wackos in Berkley California want to evict the marines recruiters and say they are not welcome. This is the kind of stuff that makes me question the intelligence and the patriotism of the people in Berkley and of all the extreme left (password).

    To my pleasure many federal and state officials have recommended that the government withhold hundreds of millions of dollars from Berkley. I also would only hope that Berkley falls into some state of emergency and the armed forces leave them to fend for themselves. Because after all they are unwelcome in Berkley so why would they need the help of our troops.

    Some may not be old enough to remember this, but I remember parts of the South during the Civil Rights movement rejecting Federal Guidelines. I can't imagine the problems that could come about when a city does this. I don't know what grounds they have to stand on. I am not the biggest fan of how a lot of recruiters work, but again, this could get interesting. I don't know if this city understands fully what they have bitten off.
    The Virtual Pew
    Hollywood Jesus
    Personal Web Page
    MySpace Page
    Church Web Page

    ---------------------------

    A certain amount of opposition is of great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with the wind. ~ John Neal

  3. #3

    Default Re: Treasonous Berkley city council.

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1963527/posts

    The extreme far left wackos in Berkley California want to evict the marines recruiters and say they are not welcome. This is the kind of stuff that makes me question the intelligence and the patriotism of the people in Berkley and of all the extreme left (password).
    Alright Ugly. I would not identify too closely with them, but I can at least see where they are coming from. Recruiters can be very good at their jobs. When I was 17 they gave me a very good pitch (i really wanted the $ for college). I am very grateful that I have people to support me financially and who were able to talk me out of it. Not everybody has that, and while I think they Berkeley is being short-sighted and foolish I wouldn't question the intelligence of other people by association. There are very intelligent people who are extreme (on both sides).

    I also would never wish a state of emergency on anyone, which would certainly hurt people not even involved, and I doubt many people would change their minds.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Treasonous Berkley city council.

    Quote Originally Posted by _SL_ View Post
    Alright Ugly. I would not identify too closely with them, but I can at least see where they are coming from. Recruiters can be very good at their jobs. When I was 17 they gave me a very good pitch (i really wanted the $ for college). I am very grateful that I have people to support me financially and who were able to talk me out of it. Not everybody has that, and while I think they Berkeley is being short-sighted and foolish I wouldn't question the intelligence of other people by association. There are very intelligent people who are extreme (on both sides).

    I also would never wish a state of emergency on anyone, which would certainly hurt people not even involved, and I doubt many people would change their minds.
    I would ask you one question. Do you think Military recruiters do more harm to young college student by recruiting them or do you think credit card companies do more harm to young college students by recruiting them?

    I was in the military and would recommend the military to almost anyone who is not sure of what they want or those who don't want to go to college. The military offers great job training and is a good career if you choose to go that route. I will also say that we have an all volunteer military and its not as if recruiters are forcing people to join. They have a job to do and it is a very important job. Without recruiters I believe are military forces would dwindle.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Treasonous Berkley city council.

    I would ask you one question. Do you think Military recruiters do more harm to young college student by recruiting them or do you think credit card companies do more harm to young college students by recruiting them?


    I think that is a pretty complex question, that can't be answered in this forum. Both the military recruiter and the credit card companies make it quite easy, and make it seem very inviting, to make decisions without giving it a whole lot of contemplation. They take advantage of people who need/ want money, and I do not think either of them would think a whole lot of themselves if they were in the position of a young college student who needs money. No, they do not force anyone to do anything, but their persuasion isn't honest either (just like most people's).

  6. #6
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Treasonous Berkley city council.

    Ugly, you really ought to pull your head out of your right wing world and consider the possibility that not everyone sees the way you do, and that everyone who doesn't see things your way is a whacko or a traitor or whatever other demeaning epithat you can throw at them.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Treasonous Berkley city council.

    Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    Ugly, you really ought to pull your head out of your right wing world and consider the possibility that not everyone sees the way you do, and that everyone who doesn't see things your way is a whacko or a traitor or whatever other demeaning epithat you can throw at them.
    Clone people who disagree with me are not wacko but the people who take things to extremes like this in either party are wacko period. It is not a matter differing opinions these are elected officials and they are attempting to lock out our armed forces. This is extreme and wacko and I don't see why if they don't want them present in there city why they should reap the benefits of them in general.

    This is not about right or left this is about extreme.

  8. #8
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Treasonous Berkley city council.

    No. It's pretty clear you're ready to swallow anything presented in right wing media like freerepublic "as is". Treasonous, my ass. What bilge. I like how it it you advocated punishing the citizens of Berkeley (meaning, inevitably children) by withholding federal funds for the council's temerity in taking a politically unpopular choice. I guess their pain would make you feel better. As for what the Council might be thinking, that's wholly irrelevant in your right-wing world. You cannot, I repeat, cannot, articulate, much less acknowledge, Berkeley's point of view. In your world, they are simply reprehensible people that deserve punishment. No, they are not even people. They are just whackos and they are your enemy.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Treasonous Berkley city council.

    Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    No. It's pretty clear you're ready to swallow anything presented in right wing media like freerepublic "as is". Treasonous, my ass. What bilge. I like how it it you advocated punishing the citizens of Berkeley (meaning, inevitably children) by withholding federal funds for the council's temerity in taking a politically unpopular choice. I guess their pain would make you feel better. As for what the Council might be thinking, that's wholly irrelevant in your right-wing world. You cannot, I repeat, cannot, articulate, much less acknowledge, Berkeley's point of view. In your world, they are simply reprehensible people that deserve punishment. No, they are not even people. They are just whackos and they are your enemy.
    Clone, let's make sure that we understand exactly what is going on before we start slinging such hate as "punishing the citizens of Berkeley." We both know that Ugly doesn't advocate punishing the citizens of Berkeley -- he advocates withholding federal funds from the City of Berkeley's government. Be sure to make that distinction.

    That government, which is part of the United States, has rejected the peacable (not war or occupation) presence of an arm of the US government. If it rejects that arm of the government, it rejects the rest of the system -- funding included.

    But, make sure that you understand that the GOVERNMENT of Berkeley is the source of the action that could "punish" its own citizens. Ugly and I advocate incentives (withholding of funding) for the government in Berkeley. If the citizens get "punished," it is only because their local government didn't act in their best interests.

    The local government in Berkeley is doing more to punish the citizens of Berkeley than Ugly is advocating or the federal government is doing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •