Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 39

Thread: You know why do I always feel like I am the bad guy on here

  1. #1
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default You know why do I always feel like I am the bad guy on here

    All I am trying to do is bring up the obvious issues that nobody wants to talk about. Ugly things (no offense to the moderator) should not be left unsaid. Most posters on here try to constantly paint a rosie picture of everything. It is not that simple!

  2. #2

    Default Re: You know why do I always feel like I am the bad guy on here

    I'm willing to excuse McCain for using an epithet after being tortured for five years, and I don't think twice about it. I don't even find it ugly, given McCain's experience.

    You constantly feel the need to crap all over the United States, no matter how small the offense. A person can find fault in anything if you look hard enough. Take a step back and enjoy life once in a while. You seem like one miserable dude.

  3. #3
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: You know why do I always feel like I am the bad guy on here

    You got it wrong. Discussing miserable things makes me happy. Again, McCain should be mad at his own country's leadership for sending him there, not at Vietnamese. What would you do if another country attacked your country? Would you invite the invaders for some tea and give them your bed?

  4. #4

    Default Re: You know why do I always feel like I am the bad guy on here

    No, but I wouldn't torture them either. I'm anti-torture, whether it's the US or any other country doing the torturing.

    The point of torture is torture. The point of interrogation is to get answers.

  5. #5
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: You know why do I always feel like I am the bad guy on here

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    No, but I wouldn't torture them either. I'm anti-torture, whether it's the US or any other country doing the torturing.

    The point of torture is torture. The point of interrogation is to get answers.
    Americans killed millions of Vietnamese, often whole villages of civilians even. I don't see how that is better than torture.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: You know why do I always feel like I am the bad guy on here

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    You got it wrong. Discussing miserable things makes me happy. Again, McCain should be mad at his own country's leadership for sending him there, not at Vietnamese. What would you do if another country attacked your country? Would you invite the invaders for some tea and give them your bed?
    So then, I assume you have no problem with Americans torturing Al-Quaeda operatives?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #7

    Default Re: You know why do I always feel like I am the bad guy on here

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Americans killed millions of Vietnamese, often whole villages of civilians even. I don't see how that is better than torture.
    My point is that I'd expect McCain to harbor some resentment/hatred for his torturers, and I'm fine with him using an epithet.

    It's irrelevant to this argument whether the US or the VC were more brutal.

  8. #8
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: You know why do I always feel like I am the bad guy on here

    Quote Originally Posted by VakAttack View Post
    So then, I assume you have no problem with Americans torturing Al-Quaeda operatives?
    If you catch any in America with bombs and guns, sure why not? They will probably get a death sentence anyway. Those in Afghanistan are freedom fighters though, as Reagan would say.

  9. #9
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: You know why do I always feel like I am the bad guy on here

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    My point is that I'd expect McCain to harbor some resentment/hatred for his torturers, and I'm fine with him using an epithet.

    It's irrelevant to this argument whether the US or the VC were more brutal.

    Should he use this epithet as a Presidential candidate? Do we all want to live in McCain's world and abide by his resentments? That is what I am saying. Just like Bush hated Saddam for his father, McCain is not a stable man due to past experiences and he will lead America if President by these resentments and convictions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •