Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
Results 91 to 95 of 95

Thread: April 15th Tea Parties.. Blowing Smoke or Serious Stand-off?

  1. #91

    Default Re: April 15th Tea Parties.. Blowing Smoke or Serious Stand-off?

    Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    See my revised post above. I'm telling you that neither the majority nor the majority on the left are extremists.

    For the love of god man, I was pointing out that by using his logic the left would be labled as extreemist.....which you will also note I said I didn't agree with.

    Whites have long reserved the right to approve when and where racism is involved or even if it exists at all. The pimps of talk radio are banking on this idea. As for racist rednecks at the rally, I'm just suggesting that you don't really know that they were "by far the minority"--which suggests it's something you can count. You can't. It's not like they're going to have it stamped on their forehead.

    I am beginning to think that you see racism everywhere. You can however make an educated guess based on how people act, what they say, and in this case what type of signs they are carrying.

    My remark "whatever" was in response to your claim that the rallies were started by a Democrat who voted for Obama. I don't know who you're thinking of, but, in any case your claim is quite dishonest because you've taken some fact (assuming what you say is true) and offered it without any context. The rallies surely were not populated by a lot of Democrats nor did they stand for Democratic causes. Your claim is at the same level of dishonesty as those who claim MLK was a Republican. Do you ever wonder why the Republican party is losing members?
    Lol...okay clone here we go. My claim wasn't dishonest at all!!!

    What really got the tea party movement started was some comments that Rick Santelli said. I don't have any articles that show where he says he is a Dem, but i did listen/watch a few different interviews where he stated he was a Dem, voted for Obama, and still agrees with him on most issues. I never said there were a lot of Dems at the rallies I said there were some there.

    I wouldn't doubt that MLK was a Republican during that time based on the voting records of Dems and Republicans during the civil rights time. Of course you can never know.

    I would love to hear your view on why the Republicans are losing members.

    My opinion is that the amount of Republians may be dropping but conservatives are not.

  2. #92

    Default Re: April 15th Tea Parties.. Blowing Smoke or Serious Stand-off?

    Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    I don't believe it. You don't offer a link, or even specify a source.
    I personally don't care if you believe me or not. Anyone who has followed this at all knows there were many different estimates.

  3. #93
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: April 15th Tea Parties.. Blowing Smoke or Serious Stand-off?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    I personally don't care if you believe me or not. Anyone who has followed this at all knows there were many different estimates.
    The question at issue is not whether there were many different estimates, but your specific claim (made more than once) that you heard an estimate of 1.5 million--especially when someone on this thread posted a link to a news source that said 500K nationwide, with location by location estimates.

  4. #94
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: April 15th Tea Parties.. Blowing Smoke or Serious Stand-off?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    actually believe it or not I heard heard reports of almost 1.5 million......that is why i gave a range though because there is no way to say what the actual was. My uneducated guess would probably be around the 750k range.
    Where did you hear the huge numbers? Why are the numbers going up with each passing day?

    I read reports the day after on a blog that the numbers were in the 300k range, so where did the extra million people come from?

    Either way, it's still an insignificant number of Americans. Consider that 132million people voted in 2008, which only represents about 57% of the eligible voters. So, even if the numbers were 1million (which is highly unlikely given that these inflated numbers have just surfaced nearly a week after the fact) then that represents 0.75% of those who voted and 0.4% of the total eligible voters, or 0.3% of the total population.

    I'd say that it was an insignificant event that really doesn't deserve much coverage or discussion.

    What? There are people out there who don't want to pay taxes? NO WAY!

  5. #95

    Default Re: April 15th Tea Parties.. Blowing Smoke or Serious Stand-off?

    Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    Where did you hear the huge numbers? Why are the numbers going up with each passing day?

    I read reports the day after on a blog that the numbers were in the 300k range, so where did the extra million people come from?

    Either way, it's still an insignificant number of Americans. Consider that 132million people voted in 2008, which only represents about 57% of the eligible voters. So, even if the numbers were 1million (which is highly unlikely given that these inflated numbers have just surfaced nearly a week after the fact) then that represents 0.75% of those who voted and 0.4% of the total eligible voters, or 0.3% of the total population.

    I'd say that it was an insignificant event that really doesn't deserve much coverage or discussion.

    What? There are people out there who don't want to pay taxes? NO WAY!
    Most of the higher numbers I heard were from different radio shows and people calling into them as well as 2nd hand from friends of mine. That is why I said I believe the lower number of 750k roughly.

    In your opinion what number would have made it significant to you?

    Another question would be could it be significant because this is one of the few times in the past 30 years that conservatives took to the streets?

    Like I said many time Rick is that this wasn't just about Taxes.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •