Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 25

Thread: Too much control

  1. #10

    Default Re: Too much control

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Then why dont they let them give the money back. The head of Wells Fargo has said they were forced to take money and that they were forced to keep it under Obama. Why not let them give it back unless you want to maintain the control over the banks that TARP gives you. Obama and the Dems wanted more regulation what better than this, they have control.

    One nice deal for the Republicans is that with Obama now taking over GM and the Banks, if they fail it will be seen as Obama failing. I heard this on meet the press.

    You needed Meet the Press to tell you this?

    That's pretty much the GOP's only play right now. Obstructionist.

    If things go wrong say, "hey, we were never in favor of it anyway" and if things go right, the Dems will get the credit either way. So instead of trying to help, they're trying to muddy things up as much as possible, while many actively root for failure so "they" can shed much of the blame for this entire mess.
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

  2. #11

    Default Re: Too much control

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    I don't get why the money was forced on them
    I don't get why they are not being allowed to give it back.
    But I don't believe it is evil plan to take over the banking system.

    I think Obama getting the blame for this is wishful Republican thinking.
    Also sounds like they are hoping for further economic failure for political gains.
    It was forced on them because at the time they brought in the heads of the largest banks(what was it, the 6 largest) and didn't want to name which ones were in the more serious situations, so instead they gave money to all of them to inspire confidence in the banking system. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    If you know that Citi, BOA and whatever are the ones who are on the verge of collapse, you're not going to put your money in there. But if you don't know which is on the verge and you know the Gov't just gave a ton of money to all of them thereby ensuring that they are all fiscally viable, then you raise confidence. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    I don't know the exact details as to why they don't or won't accept the money back now, other than, I assume they're still in the eye of the storm and they fear that when the commercial loans start defaulting which they very well may, they'll be back to square one. So rather than do that, they just say hold onto it for a year. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Or the big bad evil black president just wants power over the entire US and they're going to be Socialist. Which is hilarious because McCain's idea's were largely of a "socialist" nature and Bush did a great many things that would be termed as "socialist", but the fear mongering fools try to sell you on the fact that Obama who's really doing things so that he doesn't have to nationalize industry is the socialist. Clever little twist by the way. <o></o>
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

  3. #12

    Default Re: Too much control

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger84 View Post
    It was forced on them because at the time they brought in the heads of the largest banks(what was it, the 6 largest) and didn't want to name which ones were in the more serious situations, so instead they gave money to all of them to inspire confidence in the banking system. fficeffice" /><O></O>
    <O></O>
    If you know that Citi, BOA and whatever are the ones who are on the verge of collapse, you're not going to put your money in there. But if you don't know which is on the verge and you know the Gov't just gave a ton of money to all of them thereby ensuring that they are all fiscally viable, then you raise confidence. <O></O>
    <O></O>
    I don't know the exact details as to why they don't or won't accept the money back now, other than, I assume they're still in the eye of the storm and they fear that when the commercial loans start defaulting which they very well may, they'll be back to square one. So rather than do that, they just say hold onto it for a year. <O></O>
    <O></O>
    <O></O>
    Or the big bad evil black president just wants power over the entire US and they're going to be Socialist. Which is hilarious because McCain's idea's were largely of a "socialist" nature and Bush did a great many things that would be termed as "socialist", but the fear mongering fools try to sell you on the fact that Obama who's really doing things so that he doesn't have to nationalize industry is the socialist. Clever little twist by the way. <O></O>
    1. Why do you have to say "big bad evil BLACK president" You are trying to play the race card when this has nothing to do with race!! I guess that is the fall back argument for some.
    2. McCain and Bush did have some "socialist" ideas/actions and they lost a lot of support for it. So your arguement for Obama's "socialist" ideas/actions is that there were two Republicans that did/thought something similiar.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Too much control

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    1. Why do you have to say "big bad evil BLACK president" You are trying to play the race card when this has nothing to do with race!! I guess that is the fall back argument for some.
    2. McCain and Bush did have some "socialist" ideas/actions and they lost a lot of support for it. So your arguement for Obama's "socialist" ideas/actions is that there were two Republicans that did/thought something similiar.


    First of all, this is an amusing post, in particular because of your playing of the race card earlier today when it suited your interests. Setting aside the fact that there clearly is a strong disdain for Obama based on race for the moment.

    Second, have you just been born under power lines kid? There are aspects of socialism in every damn country. No, my point in saying that Bush and McCain had socialist ideas is do try and drill it in your thick skull that you didn't say boo. They didn't loose support for it. Hell, it never got mentioned.

    Hey, who runs our schools? Who runs the military? How about Social Security? Medi-card? Unemployment? Those must ALL be Obama.

    Those are all socialist ideas, are they not? And yet we don't have the clueless minions running around crying about Socialism or the "Obama Gun ban" that leads to people shooting cops.

    It's nothing more than propaganda that those who are smart enough to know it's BS, but also smart enough to know that there are enough people like you who are NOT smart enough to know it's BS out there who will believe it.

    I can just about damn sure guarantee you haven't been babbling on about the socialist nature of our country for the past 100 years, and if so, why the hell are you starting now? Because you don't understand what's going on? Very good. Just wanted to get that established.
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

  5. #14

    Default Re: Too much control

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger84 View Post
    First of all, this is an amusing post, in particular because of your playing of the race card earlier today when it suited your interests. Setting aside the fact that there clearly is a strong disdain for Obama based on race for the moment.

    Wow this is funny...it was a far left liberal actress that said the protesters were racist. How is there "clearly" a strong disdain for Obama based on race. Do you have any actual data?

    Second, have you just been born under power lines kid? There are aspects of socialism in every damn country. No, my point in saying that Bush and McCain had socialist ideas is do try and drill it in your thick skull that you didn't say boo. They didn't loose support for it. Hell, it never got mentioned.

    Lol...no but ate paint chips. Yes they did lose support their socialist ideas. Many Republicans spoke out against them.

    Hey, who runs our schools? Who runs the military? How about Social Security? Medi-card? Unemployment? Those must ALL be Obama.

    Those are all socialist ideas, are they not? And yet we don't have the clueless minions running around crying about Socialism or the "Obama Gun ban" that leads to people shooting cops.

    LOL wow you are good.....nobody said this country never had any social programs. I think you are missing the poing here.

    It's nothing more than propaganda that those who are smart enough to know it's BS, but also smart enough to know that there are enough people like you who are NOT smart enough to know it's BS out there who will believe it.

    I can just about damn sure guarantee you haven't been babbling on about the socialist nature of our country for the past 100 years, and if so, why the hell are you starting now? Because you don't understand what's going on? Very good. Just wanted to get that established.
    Are you always this Angry?

  6. #15

    Default Re: Too much control

    Wow this is funny...it was a far left liberal actress that said the protesters were racist. How is there "clearly" a strong disdain for Obama based on race. Do you have any actual data?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    This gets REALLY frustrating when virtually everything that is said goes over your head. Please try and keep up or let the big boys talk. <o></o>
    Someone made the comment that it was an insignificant event. Simple as that. They said it only deserved a paragraph or two. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    So that right there told you that they agreed with the racist rant. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    But moreover, it's like you're incapable of differentiating the two subjects. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    1-I'm making note of how you're attacking me for bringing up race when you in your little right wing, straw man way of thinking suggested that anyone who didn't think the tea party was significant must also have thought all the people there were racist and agreed with everything she said.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    2-What difference does it make if the person that said it was a far left liberal? What point are you making? THAT had nothing to do with my statement about Obama. The only correlation I made between the two points was that you were being a hypocrite by calling me out on bringing up race when you had done so in another thread. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Lol...no but ate paint chips. Yes they did lose support their socialist ideas. Many Republicans spoke out against them. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Ok, first of all, "they did lose support their socialist ideas". Uh...what? <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Are you saying their socialist ideas did cause them to loose support? If so, then that's actually amusing that you believe that. But yea, you're right, I remember all the talk about how McCain was a socialist before the election. Fox News ran story after story on it. LOL.....<o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    LOL wow you are good.....nobody said this country never had any social programs. I think you are missing the poing here. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Perhaps that's because you've yet to make any clear and concise points. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    But from what I can gather from your incoherent nonsense is "democrat-bad-dey socialist". So I'm once again, trying to articulate...err...explain...err....tell you(sorry, can't make it any simpler than that) is that socialism has always been a part of this nation. So to attack Democrats as some last line of defense is rather amusing. And shows what an outstanding lack of understanding you have. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Are you always this Angry?<o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    So you didn't have an answer for that one? Didn't think so. <o></o>
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

  7. #16

    Default Re: Too much control

    Okay Ranger let's see if we can spell this out for you.

    You keep going back so "some said it was insignificant"...That wasn't what I was referring to and stated it was the "extreemist" line.

    "1-I'm making note of how you're attacking me for bringing up race when you in your little right wing, straw man way of thinking suggested that anyone who didn't think the tea party was significant must also have thought all the people there were racist and agreed with everything she said.<O></O>"

    Okay here you are going back to the "insignificant" Portion, it was the "extreemist" line. Is it so far our of line to suggest that someone who thinks they(protesters) were all extreemist also may think they were racists like the actress in the article.

    You said "clearly is a strong disdain for Obama based on race" which has no factual data to back it up. Not to mention your verbage "Or the big bad evil black president just wants power over the entire US and they're going to be Socialist." is saying if you disagree with Obama it must be because of his race which is bullshit.

    Do you see the difference now?

    "2-What difference does it make if the person that said it was a far left liberal? What point are you making? THAT had nothing to do with my statement about Obama. The only correlation I made between the two points was that you were being a hypocrite by calling me out on bringing up race when you had done so in another thread."

    I said "far left" liberal because I didn't want to group all liberals into one group.

    "Ok, first of all, "they did lose support their socialist ideas". Uh...what? <O></O>
    <O></O>
    Are you saying their socialist ideas did cause them to loose support? If so, then that's actually amusing that you believe that. But yea, you're right, I remember all the talk about how McCain was a socialist before the election. Fox News ran story after story on it. LOL.....<O></O>"

    Yes I am saying McCain lost a lot of support because of some of his socialist ideas, but i guess if you never heard about it I must be off my rocker.

    Yes even Bush was called out on his big government/socialist ideas and actions.

    "But from what I can gather from your incoherent nonsense is "democrat-bad-dey socialist". So I'm once again, trying to articulate...err...explain...err....tell you(sorry, can't make it any simpler than that) is that socialism has always been a part of this nation. So to attack Democrats as some last line of defense is rather amusing. And shows what an outstanding lack of understanding you have."

    Okay you either didn't read my response or you are just a dumbass. I wasn't arguing with you on whether or not this country has always had some socialist programs. I guess you didn't get that part.

    Not to mention it was the republicans many of us (conservatives) started getting upset with. Many of us want to go back to smaller government and are afraid of a government that is as big and powerful as the one we have now.

    On a side note I think you need to stop being so angry your blood pressure will shoot through the roof.

  8. #17

    Default Re: Too much control

    "But from what I can gather from your incoherent nonsense is "democrat-bad-dey socialist". So I'm once again, trying to articulate...err...explain...err....tell you(sorry, can't make it any simpler than that) is that socialism has always been a part of this nation. So to attack Democrats as some last line of defense is rather amusing. And shows what an outstanding lack of understanding you have."

    Okay you either didn't read my response or you are just a dumbass. I wasn't arguing with you on whether or not this country has always had some socialist programs. I guess you didn't get that part.

    Not to mention it was the republicans many of us (conservatives) started getting upset with. Many of us want to go back to smaller government and are afraid of a government that is as big and powerful as the one we have now.

    On a side note I think you need to stop being so angry your blood pressure will shoot through the roof.[/quote]



    Chance, you're a completely clown who has not yet come up with one single independant thought. I do love how you were just ignorantly complaining in this thread because you didn't have any idea what you were talking about.

    Then when I had to explain it to you, you decided to change the subject, but I digress.


    Okay here you are going back to the "insignificant" Portion, it was the "extreemist" line. Is it so far our of line to suggest that someone who thinks they(protesters) were all extreemist also may think they were racists like the actress in the article.

    You said "clearly is a strong disdain for Obama based on race" which has no factual data to back it up. Not to mention your verbage "Or the big bad evil black president just wants power over the entire US and they're going to be Socialist." is saying if you disagree with Obama it must be because of his race which is bullshit.

    Do you see the difference now?



    Ok Chicken Little, again with the straw man. It's sad when someone's unable to argue a point with actual substanative facts.

    First of all, if you're truly so clueless to think that Obama isn't hated because of his race, then you are lacking in any common sense whatsoever. Since I've already found this to be true, I'll move on. The statement in and of itself you clown wasn't even meant to be taken literal. It was meant to mock you.

    I gave you the ACTUAL reasoning for why they handled the banks the way they did. And then in mocking you(which went WAY over your head) I said, "or maybe this is why this did it". That you're actually still hung up on that point, and that you'd run around and call people out for playing the race care is just laughable. But hey, you can't fix stupid. Which begs the question....why am I still trying.

    I said "far left" liberal because I didn't want to group all liberals into one group.

    I'm getting a headache. You've made this thread so convoluted it's ridiculous. That's what you do. Convolute the hell out of something so that by the end of it, it no longer resembles what you started out talking about.


    You were very ignorant, and yet still bashing the actions of the Gov't. That's the point here. Lets try to not loose sight of that.


    But just answer me this. When the hell did I ask you why you used the term far left liberal? You see, you answer questions that I didn't ask.


    Yes I am saying McCain lost a lot of support because of some of his socialist ideas, but i guess if you never heard about it I must be off my rocker.

    Yes even Bush was called out on his big government/socialist ideas and actions.


    Really? So you must not have voted for McCain, huh? Hmm...I am confident enough to call you a liar on that one.

    And called out? Who said he didn't get "called out"? Please try to stay on point here. I said McCain didn't loose support. And since he was running WORSE in the polls before his big plan to keep American's in their homes, you're once again...a liar.

    Okay you either didn't read my response or you are just a dumbass. I wasn't arguing with you on whether or not this country has always had some socialist programs. I guess you didn't get that part.

    Not to mention it was the republicans many of us (conservatives) started getting upset with. Many of us want to go back to smaller government and are afraid of a government that is as big and powerful as the one we have now.


    And either you're too stupid to get my point, or....well...yea...you're just too stupid to get my point.

    When exactly did you have a damn Tea Party when bush was in office? No you clown, you guys have sat by quietly for the last 30 years as the GOP has been FAR more irresponsible when it comes to spending. We didn't hear boo when Bush increased the Gov't more than any President since FDR.

    WE didn't hear anything when we went from a surplus to a deficit. Until...Jan 20th of this year.




    And finally kid, seriously, what's that like your 4th joke about how mad I'm getting? Don't mistake sarcasm and me generally thinking you're completely clueless with me being mad. I'm mildly upset that there are so many people out there who are as clueless as you. But I'm then encouraged by the fact that you're the dying bread. It gives me peace
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

  9. #18

    Default Re: Too much control

    Ranger,

    You are freaking clueless. There are others on here who I don't agree with but still respect, you on other hand I have absolutely no respect for.

    "Chance, you're a completely clown who has not yet come up with one single independant thought. I do love how you were just ignorantly complaining in this thread because you didn't have any idea what you were talking about.

    Then when I had to explain it to you, you decided to change the subject, but I digress"

    I am not sure if you finally understood that I agreed with you that this country has always had some socialist programs or if you are just trying to start another fight.

    "But just answer me this. When the hell did I ask you why you used the term far left liberal? You see, you answer questions that I didn't ask. "

    Ok you were right there, i misread your question

    "Ok Chicken Little, again with the straw man. It's sad when someone's unable to argue a point with actual substanative facts.

    First of all, if you're truly so clueless to think that Obama isn't hated because of his race, then you are lacking in any common sense whatsoever. Since I've already found this to be true, I'll move on. The statement in and of itself you clown wasn't even meant to be taken literal. It was meant to mock you.

    I gave you the ACTUAL reasoning for why they handled the banks the way they did. And then in mocking you(which went WAY over your head) I said, "or maybe this is why this did it". That you're actually still hung up on that point, and that you'd run around and call people out for playing the race care is just laughable. But hey, you can't fix stupid. Which begs the question....why am I still trying.
    "

    Okay sir where is your proof that Obama is hated because of is race? I would really like to here this. since you stated "It's sad when someone's unable to argue a point with actual substanative facts." I am sure you have some substanative facts to back that up.


    I never said anything about your response to how the banks were handled. In fact it was actually a decent argument which was surprising based on the majority of your posts.

    "Really? So you must not have voted for McCain, huh? Hmm...I am confident enough to call you a liar on that one.

    And called out? Who said he didn't get "called out"? Please try to stay on point here. I said McCain didn't loose support. And since he was running WORSE in the polls before his big plan to keep American's in their homes, you're once again...a liar. "

    you are confident to call me a liar on an answer to a question I never answered? hmmmm that seems ass backwards to me. Yes I voted for McCain and thought he was the lesser of the two evils. So am I still a liar on this one?

    You honestly don't believe McCain lost any support what so ever. I wonder why Ron Paul had such a big following? Could it be that a lot of his follows left McCain because of some of his big government/socialist ideas? That might just be a possibility.

    "And either you're too stupid to get my point, or....well...yea...you're just too stupid to get my point.

    When exactly did you have a damn Tea Party when bush was in office? No you clown, you guys have sat by quietly for the last 30 years as the GOP has been FAR more irresponsible when it comes to spending. We didn't hear boo when Bush increased the Gov't more than any President since FDR.

    WE didn't hear anything when we went from a surplus to a deficit. Until...Jan 20th of this year. "

    When did I say anything about protesting Bush when he was in office. No I said many of us were starting to get upset.

    Where have you been living the last 4-5 years? We didn't hear anything about going from a surplus to a deficit? Did you watch the news, or listen to the radio at all, because if you did you would have heard about it.

    You may also want to look at the role of Congress in the spending over the past 30 years.


    "And finally kid, seriously, what's that like your 4th joke about how mad I'm getting? Don't mistake sarcasm and me generally thinking you're completely clueless with me being mad. I'm mildly upset that there are so many people out there who are as clueless as you. But I'm then encouraged by the fact that you're the dying bread. It gives me peace"

    It is people like you who really scare me. I am done with you as you are obviously someone who really doesn't understand politics, history, or government. I am actually ashamed of myself that I fell to your level and that I interacted with you in anyway. So shoo fly shoo please refrain from interacting with me and if you do please do not expect a response as I won't lower myself to your level again.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •