Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 22

Thread: Hey, President Obama: Call It Off!

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Hey, President Obama: Call It Off!

    I've been thinking that given the electoral map and the virtual impossibility for Willard Mitt Romney to win the election based on projected electoral votes, why does Obama even debate Willard Mitt Romney at this point?! I see a situation as having nothing to gain and everything to lose by engaging Willard Mitt Romney in a debate at this point.

    I say this because Steve King from Iowa has never debated one of his opponents and wins every election by near landslide.

    In my opinion, I think that Willard Mitt Romney can seriously close the gap through these debates, and I would opt to not even debate and ride a safe electoral map into victory in November!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Hey, President Obama: Call It Off!

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I've been thinking that given the electoral map and the virtual impossibility for Willard Mitt Romney to win the election based on projected electoral votes, why does Obama even debate Willard Mitt Romney at this point?! I see a situation as having nothing to gain and everything to lose by engaging Willard Mitt Romney in a debate at this point.

    I say this because Steve King from Iowa has never debated one of his opponents and wins every election by near landslide.

    In my opinion, I think that Willard Mitt Romney can seriously close the gap through these debates, and I would opt to not even debate and ride a safe electoral map into victory in November!
    I wouldn't worry about it.

    Unless Romney declares that he is in favor of soaking the rich wall street fat cats with both regulations AND taxes, he has no chance. That he will never do that shows just how much he is out of touch with the sentiments of the electorate.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Hey, President Obama: Call It Off!

    I'm just hoping that the way the electoral breakdown, as it is right now, isn't affected by the debates.

    Just too much risk to take part in them, I think.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Hey, President Obama: Call It Off!

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I'm just hoping that the way the electoral breakdown, as it is right now, isn't affected by the debates.

    Just too much risk to take part in them, I think.
    If he attempted to skip out on the debates he would be crucified.

    To compare this to Steve King's congressional district in the middle of nowhere in Iowa to a national Presidential election is ridiculous.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  5. #5

    Default Re: Hey, President Obama: Call It Off!

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    To compare this to Steve King's congressional district in the middle of nowhere in Iowa to a national Presidential election is ridiculous.
    Not when you consider that King is a shoe in to win every election. That's exactly why he doesn't debate.

    Now, considering what Willard Mitt Romney would have to do at this point to win, given the battleground states, Obama is a shoe in to win.

    The debate could change the above dramatically, which is my point. Don't debate, and nothing wrong can happen.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Hey, President Obama: Call It Off!

    I think its more of a risk for him not to debate. If he doesn't he looks scared and afraid to be challenged on the issues. I think its actually the opposite. He is at his best when he is on stage, i think it could hurt romney more to debate. We will see.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Hey, President Obama: Call It Off!

    You might be right because Romney killed Obama in the debate. But I maintaine that if Obama did not debate he would lose the election.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Hey, President Obama: Call It Off!

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    You might be right because Romney killed Obama in the debate. But I maintaine that if Obama did not debate he would lose the election.
    And I agree. Debating only hurt Obama tonight. I suspect that that gap that made it a "done deal" prior to this debate is now closed a bit.

    Not debating couldn't have hurt him like this did.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Hey, President Obama: Call It Off!

    I think that I'll amend what I said last night: I'm waiting for factcheck's analysis to determine who won the debate last night. I got tricked by their demeanors last night, as Willard Mitt Romney came off as more composed last night.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •