Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Results 55 to 63 of 93

Thread: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

  1. #55

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Here is the problem that most people don't understand. Companies and the super wealthy are not out reinvesting tax savings back in their business or buying new toys to stimulate production. That is a myth perpetrated for the last 30 plus years by the reagan worshippers and has long been debunked. They are taking the cost savings and hoarding it or investing in exotic financial instruments, or hiding it overseas such as Romney. Money in the hands of the middle class is constantly being cycled throughout the economy. They aren't saving much, and they certainly are not sending it overseas. The impact of ten percent taxes from someone grossing only 30k a year is huge. A thirty percent or forty percent tax on someone making millions or tens of millions is not going to hurt their lifestyle. This is not meant as a punishment to the rich, it simply is ensuring that bills are going to get paid. The super rich reaped the most rewards from the infrastructure in place in this country and should pay the greater share, ie they got a Filet Mignon and Lobster with a bottle of Cristal. Those on the lower end of the spectrum did not reap the same rewards, instead they got McDonald's or some cases Red Robin. They should not have to pay near as much into the system.

  2. #56

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    As for the Judge in the original post, he is a racist prick that has no business on the bench.

  3. #57
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Quote Originally Posted by scuba31 View Post
    As for the Judge in the original post, he is a racist prick that has no business on the bench.
    where did he make a racist comment ? and by calling an elected official racist you are calling everyone who voted for him racist . Also, by stating that anyone who does not like Obama because he is an ''uppity black man'' who dared to better himself YOU are simply making outlandish unprovable statements . Perhaps i could better understand your point if you defined your terms -i.e.-racist , conspiracy and debunked .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  4. #58

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Do you think the $275 billion dollars in tax cuts included in the Recovery and Reinvestment act was a good thing?

    At the very least you seem to be aware that it was there (which is more than can be said for some people).
    I did answer your question. Like I said, the 20 dollars a paycheck had no real effects on the economy. When added all together, the government could claim a very large sum in tax breaks and get people to argue a point for them. When looked at individually, however, the people gettin the money didn't use it to stimulate the economy. It failed as a policy. That is why I asked you to explain what you meant. I thought you may be talking about something else. Heck, even Obama has admitted that those "tax breaks" didn't work. He knew they wouldn't. But now he has the argument that he tried. Face it $20 a paycheck does not make anyone buy more stuff.

  5. #59

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Scuba, I seriously feel sorry for you. It is obvious that someone has convinced you that the rich got rich by cheating. The fact is, very few of them cheated. Most worked hard right from elementary school on up. They sat in the same classrooms as you and I. They excelled. I was looking at Missy Martin's boobs while they were figuring out math equations. The difference is that you hold a grudge against them and want them to pay more . The rich already pay more because a percentage of millions is more money than a percentage of hundreds. I just don't understand the jealosy in some people.

  6. #60

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I did answer your question. Like I said, the 20 dollars a paycheck had no real effects on the economy. When added all together, the government could claim a very large sum in tax breaks and get people to argue a point for them. When looked at individually, however, the people gettin the money didn't use it to stimulate the economy. It failed as a policy. That is why I asked you to explain what you meant. I thought you may be talking about something else. Heck, even Obama has admitted that those "tax breaks" didn't work. He knew they wouldn't. But now he has the argument that he tried. Face it $20 a paycheck does not make anyone buy more stuff.
    So you think the tax cuts in the Recovery and Reinvestment Act were bad?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  7. #61

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    So you think the tax cuts in the Recovery and Reinvestment Act were bad?
    I don't think they were bad at all. I think they were purposely ineffective. $400 for a single person and $1000 for a couple, if I remember correctly. Break that down throughout a year and its basically nothing for people already struggling. They spend it on bills or to pay a bankruptsy lawyer.

    Just like paying the same percentage of taxes costs the rich more actual money, giving the same percentage of tax breaks saves them more money. Instead of a few bucks a week savings, it could be a few hundred. Rich people like to spend money and show off their toys. Middle class people make those toys. More orders means more work. More work for middle class means more money for them. I don't know a single auto worker who gets pissed when more people buy the cars they make. I also don't know of any middle class person who praises the be ifits of an extra 400 dollars. Overtime or simply having a job pays much more than those cuts he made. It was designed to fail and it did. Remember, liberals are the ones who say Obama is smarter than everyone. So give him credit for his designed failures.

  8. #62

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    They spend it
    I don't know if you've spent as much time reading about economics as you have about Agenda 21 and your other inane conspiracy theories but money being spent drives economic growth.

    You understand this, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Just like paying the same percentage of taxes costs the rich more actual money, giving the same percentage of tax breaks saves them more money.
    They aren't paying the same percentage of taxes, that's the point.

    Governor Romney made 20 million dollars last year and paid less than 14% of his income in taxes. I paid a higher effective rate than 14% last year and suffice it to say I didn't make 20 million dollars.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Instead of a few bucks a week savings, it could be a few hundred. Rich people like to spend money and show off their toys.
    Or stash the money in Switzerland or the Caymans, right?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  9. #63

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I don't know if you've spent as much time reading about economics as you have about Agenda 21 and your other inane conspiracy theories but money being spent drives economic growth.

    You understand this, right?



    They aren't paying the same percentage of taxes, that's the point.

    Governor Romney made 20 million dollars last year and paid less than 14% of his income in taxes. I paid a higher effective rate than 14% last year and suffice it to say I didn't make 20 million dollars.



    Or stash the money in Switzerland or the Caymans, right?
    I will disregard the Aganda 21 remark because it is factual, not a theory, and available to read. I guarantee you haven't read it. Until you do, you can't intelligently talk about it. Although it makes for good fodder among those of you who make the choice to be ignorant of a situation.

    As far as the tax percentage goes, I am going to assume that you already know that you pay INCOME taxes and Romney is paying taxes on investments. Taxes on investments are the second time the same money is being taxed. So, he earned money through a job. He chose to invest that money (gamble) and his investment made money. Now, you want to tax him even more for taking that chance. Think about what that will do to the economy. If I have an idea for a business but don't have the capital to get it started, who would I turn to? People like Romney take the chance and invest in my idea. If my idea is successful, you want to punish him for keeping the American Dream alive. I just don't get it! How does Romney's taxes affect you? The government misspends what they already have and your solution is to give them more money. Try that with credit cards and let me know how that works out for you.

    As far as "stashing" money elsewhere, who cares? It is their money. They earned it. Who are you to tell them how to spend it? I assume you don't consider yourself rich. But to someone, you are. How would you like someone making 2 dollars a week panning for tungstun in east Africa tell you to pay more? That's the point. More is never enough as long as it's not your money. More is always too much if it is your money. Let people mind there own money. Set a percentage for income taxes and let it ride.
    Last edited by quinn14; 08-26-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •