Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 45 of 93

Thread: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

  1. #37

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Dems should just stop with the tax stuff. Show we one multi-millionaire or billionaire democrat who pays every single red cent in taxes, without taking advantage of any deductions or loopholes, I guarantee you cant find one. If they really cared about the issue they would pay all of their taxes to highest % because that is what they believe the right thing to do is. I'm sure John Kerry and his Heinz Honey pay every dollar in taxes with no deductions and I am sure Warren Buffet does the same, NOT. Ohh and Bill Gates cant forget him.
    So, I'm assuming that you're in favor of millionaires and billionaires paying less in taxes than middle and working class folks?

    As for your scenario above, big difference: Kerry, Gates, Buffet, and other democrat millionaires and billionaires aren't asking for MORE tax breaks, they are asking to pay more in taxes, whereas a republican millionaire and billionaire is asking for MORE tax breaks.

    If you can think of one millionaire/billionaire democrat who is asking for more tax breaks, alert me to who he is, as I don't know of one.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  2. #38

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_facebook_29400645 (1).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	3077
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  3. #39
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    So, I'm assuming that you're in favor of millionaires and billionaires paying less in taxes than middle and working class folks?

    As for your scenario above, big difference: Kerry, Gates, Buffet, and other democrat millionaires and billionaires aren't asking for MORE tax breaks, they are asking to pay more in taxes, whereas a republican millionaire and billionaire is asking for MORE tax breaks.

    If you can think of one millionaire/billionaire democrat who is asking for more tax breaks, alert me to who he is, as I don't know of one.
    No the difference its that they bitch about it and say they want to pay more, yet they have ability to take personal responsibility and lead by example and just pay more in taxes. Nothing its stopping them from paying 70% if their income in taxes, nothing other than their greed apparently. If they want to pay more in taxes then they should put their money where their mouth its and do it.

    I don't know why you are asking me my stance on taxation, i've posted it 200 times. I would eliminate deductions other than charitable donations up to a certain amount and lower all tax rates, collecting money from everyone and more from the rich because they would lack the loopholes.

  4. #40

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    No the difference its that they bitch about it and say they want to pay more, yet they have ability to take personal responsibility and lead by example and just pay more in taxes. Nothing its stopping them from paying 70% if their income in taxes, nothing other than their greed apparently. If they want to pay more in taxes then they should put their money where their mouth its and do it.

    I don't know why you are asking me my stance on taxation, i've posted it 200 times. I would eliminate deductions other than charitable donations up to a certain amount and lower all tax rates, collecting money from everyone and more from the rich because they would lack the loopholes.
    As much as we know, maybe a lot of them do pay extra in taxes. Without seeing their tax records, who knows?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  5. #41
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    I how your joking, buffet said his secretary pays a higher percentage of taxes than he does.

  6. #42
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Just like FDR and Kennedy, I don't agree with public sector unions. I don't think that rich people should pay a higher percentage of taxes than anyone else. (If you want fairness then everyone pay the same percentage). I didn't agree with the bailouts. Bush did one too. He's a white republican, I didn't agree. I think the stimulus was crap and the new one they are talking about is crap. I didn't agree with aiding in the assassination of Ghaddaffi. I didn't agree with the unemployment extentions. I don't agree that ALL charitable donations should be taxed. I don't agree with the death tax.

    I could go on. A lot of these were also supported by Bush, and I didn't agree with them then either. I do think all drugs should be legalized. I think abortion is murder. But I also think the first lady should get her nose out of school lunches.

    I could go on but I give the floor to anyone who finds that racist.
    So I understand why in principle that you will never vote Democrat, but most of your stances are not major issues by either party. BTW, Obama did not do a bailout, he did not cancel the one Bush started, but it was not his bailout. And there is no talk at all of a new stimulus. And did you disagree with the major tax cuts that were part of the Obama stimulus?


    So you have a bunch of wishlist issue that are not going to happen elimination of public unions, legalization of marijuana
    Some issues that confuse me:
    Assassination of Ghaddafi. Do you realize that Romney has attack Obama as not interfering enough in other countries? Personally I feel that Libya is the textbook example of how you should behave during the overthrow of a despot. Support where you can but minimize our risk and commitment.

    I don't agree that ALL charitable donations should be taxed What does this mean? I thought charitable donations are tax deductible.

    Worrying about Michele Obama's campaign for healthier eating is bizarre, it is such a non-consequential issue.


    So taxes and abortion... Abortion there is no arguing about. If pro-life is a issue for you then you will vote Republican.
    But all of the tax cutting that is being promised goes directly against, the biggest complaint against Obama, that he has run up the deficit.
    If people were serious about reducing the deficit, they would be talking about revenue increases as much as cutting spending.

  7. #43

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Worrying about Michele Obama's campaign for healthier eating is bizarre, it is such a non-consequential issue.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	michelle-obama-suggests-maybe-eating-better-might-have-some-benefits-hands-off-my-dessert-hitler.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	3078
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  8. #44

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    ODH, I put out a few of the things I disagree with. You told me I couldn't use healthcare. That is one HUGE issue. In fact, that alone will not get him my vote.

    Now, as far as another stimulus, I suggest you read more about that. It is exactly what is being considered. It's not hard to find articles on it, I wish I could paste one but I still haven't figured out the kindle.

    Obama's flat-out attack on successful people really does piss me off. The man talks like he wants nothing more than the rich to be punished for the crime of working hard. I am not rich. I am middle class. But I just don't see the point in punishing people who have worked hard and achieved the American dream.

    Apparently you haven't read the stories of children getting their home-packed lunches taken away from them at public schools because sandwiches and chips are not deemed healthy. Google it.

    As far as needing to tax more to pay off the deficit, I completely disagree. There are many, many government expenses that can and should be cut. Obamacare is obvious but so are taxpayer pensions. Move them to a 401k and get those people off of the public dime when they are no longer providing services. Do you have any idea how much money that would free up? I am pretty certain that it leads the budget by a wide margin.

    Has Romney talked about this stuff? Some of it but not most of it. Ryan talks big about the budget. We've seen what Obama offers. It's time for a change. I voted Paul in the primary so I have no choice but vote the lesser of two evils now.

    BTW- If I would have grown up when my grandparents did, I may have voted democrat. There were conservative dems back then. Now liberalism has choked them out, IMO.

  9. #45

    Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    did you disagree with the major tax cuts that were part of the Obama stimulus?

    I'd be interested in an answer to this question.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •