Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 35

Thread: Why I'm Tom Brands' Newest Fan

  1. #19
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Why I'm Tom Brands' Newest Fan

    Its a good thing I dont care about their political leanings, if I did i would miss out on some really good music. I will say this, for musicians and actors who want to promote a liberal agenda and socialism they sure dont negotiate their contracts like that. You dont see Bruce Sprinsteen paying ll of his new jersey property tax, no he claims agricultural status because he leases a portion of his property to a farmer in order to take advantage of the tax break, Bon Jovi does the same thing. Which would be fine if these men weren't out there calling out the rich elite to pay their fair share of taxes. They also dont usually like when people dont pay for their music, they want to get paid top dollar for their art. So forgive me if the political views of artists, actors and musicians fall on deaf ears. They simply play to the public in order to sell records, and it really is sad. But the music is great.

  2. #20

    Default Re: Why I'm Tom Brands' Newest Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    No, the photographer from Oklahoma is wrong! THAT is Terry Brands in that photo

    Copied from the picture (emphasis mine).: "Iowa coach Tom Brands watches one of his wrestlers in a bout against a Minnesota opponent during the National Duals meet Sunday, Feb. 19, 2012, in Stillwater, Okla. (AP Photo/Tulsa World, KT King) TULSA OUT TV OUT"
    Are you prepared to go on the record that something on the internet was incorrect?

    Bold move, sir.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  3. #21

    Default Re: Why I'm Tom Brands' Newest Fan

    I was right about that being Terry in the Robles Vid, right?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #22

    Default Re: Why I'm Tom Brands' Newest Fan

    I think I can tell them apart pretty well now...I'm ready for any quiz.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  5. #23

    Default Re: Why I'm Tom Brands' Newest Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Its a good thing I dont care about their political leanings, if I did i would miss out on some really good music. I will say this, for musicians and actors who want to promote a liberal agenda and socialism they sure dont negotiate their contracts like that. You dont see Bruce Sprinsteen paying ll of his new jersey property tax, no he claims agricultural status because he leases a portion of his property to a farmer in order to take advantage of the tax break, Bon Jovi does the same thing. Which would be fine if these men weren't out there calling out the rich elite to pay their fair share of taxes. They also dont usually like when people dont pay for their music, they want to get paid top dollar for their art. So forgive me if the political views of artists, actors and musicians fall on deaf ears. They simply play to the public in order to sell records, and it really is sad. But the music is great.
    I agree. I have always said that if you want to be entertained in any art (music, acting, painting, fiction writing, ect...)then hire a liberal. Fantasy, imagination and story telling are their strengths. But if you want someone to get to work, do what needs to be done on time and be focused on the task at hand, then hire a conservative.

    John Cougar is one of my favorites and he's a very outspoken liberal. I also cite Pink as my guilty pleasure and you couldn't get much more liberal than her.

  6. #24

    Default Re: Why I'm Tom Brands' Newest Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I was right about that being Terry in the Robles Vid, right?
    Definitely was Terry. I remember when people were debating it last year, and I had to toot my own horn telling them that I knew that it was Terry.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  7. #25

    Default Re: Why I'm Tom Brands' Newest Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I agree. I have always said that if you want to be entertained in any art (music, acting, painting, fiction writing, ect...)then hire a liberal. Fantasy, imagination and story telling are their strengths. But if you want someone to get to work, do what needs to be done on time and be focused on the task at hand, then hire a conservative.
    Strawman argument...exhibit A.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  8. #26

    Default Re: Why I'm Tom Brands' Newest Fan

    Conservatives, in my experience are to busy flapping their gums to get any work done.
    Last edited by zappacy; 08-10-2012 at 06:27 AM.
    "I like my antiques new " - Steve Martin

  9. #27

    Default Re: Why I'm Tom Brands' Newest Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by zappacy View Post
    Conservatives, in my experience are to busy flapping their gums to get any work done.
    Obviously you have confused conservatives with unions workers.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •