Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 86

Thread: Round II?

  1. #46

    Default Re: Round II?

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    4. So, no, you are not stating "facts" when you speak of all educators. Your ignorance must be embarrassing at times.
    I have said many times that I am speaking of Ohio and other states like Ohio. I even said it in the post you quoted. I'm sick of you misrepresenting what I said. Look up the website buckeyeinstitute.org and read about all the tax dollar perks public employees get, IN OHIO!! These were things passed in state legislature by politicians on the union take. It is ridiculous. Your union sounds fine. I would have no problem with it. But I clearly said I was talking about Ohio and states like it.

    Now, let's go pick on some police officers and firefighters, shall we? Sounds like those folks, ALONE, are keeping you in your place in society, keeping your wages and benefits low. With education, you, too, can have your oppportunity to get on our gravy train and racket. NO ONE is stopping you, aside from your own resentment of those who like their jobs, and if you want to cry about how good we have it, NO ONE is stopping you.
    When I said public employees, I was refering to police and firefighters too. I don't believe I ever said anyone was keeping me in my place in society and keeping my wages low. I have a college degree and working on my second, so I do have education and opportunity that I enjoy. What I don't enjoy is being forced to pay a guaranteed retirement salary for anyone. It is a person's own responsibility to save for retirement, it is not my responsibility to pay for someone else's. And quit lumping yourself into all of this if you aren't receiving the benefits I am talking about. There is no reason for you to defend something you are not a part of. Calm down and read when I say who specifically I am talking about. It's OHIO AND OTHER STATES LIKE IT. Apparently that is not you.
    Last edited by quinn14; 05-18-2012 at 10:59 AM.

  2. #47

    Default Re: Round II?

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    However, you claimed that it was a UNION bailout, which I said was nonsense. Are you still trying to claim that, as your article said NOTHING about a union bailout.
    This is straight from the article that you apparently did not read:

    "We are broke. We do not have the money to bail out the states," John Boehner, the top House Republican, told reporters this morning. "This bailout to the teachers' unions is some of the most irresponsible policy I've seen."

  3. #48

    Default Re: Round II?

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    This is straight from the article that you apparently did not read:

    "We are broke. We do not have the money to bail out the states," John Boehner, the top House Republican, told reporters this morning. "This bailout to the teachers' unions is some of the most irresponsible policy I've seen."
    You do understand that John Sniffle Sniffle Boner's words are just hyperbole and an assumption, right?

    If the federal government gave money DIRECTLY TO UNIONS, as a bailout or otherwise, believe me, the news would be FULL of such information. No money was given to unions; it was given to the educational system which is seperate from unions.

    What was that about ignorant again? LOL!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #49

    Default Re: Round II?

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    You do understand that John Sniffle Sniffle Boner's words are just hyperbole and an assumption,
    Of course. Just like King Obama and every other politician.

  5. #50
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Round II?

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    You do understand that John Sniffle Sniffle Boner's words are just hyperbole and an assumption, right?

    If the federal government gave money DIRECTLY TO UNIONS, as a bailout or otherwise, believe me, the news would be FULL of such information. No money was given to unions; it was given to the educational system which is seperate from unions.

    What was that about ignorant again? LOL!
    Ban,
    You've called your self a ''fact man'' when in fact you are just a royal prick who picks and chooses stats that fit your BS. IF no one else has called you a prick you have been lied to your entire life.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  6. #51

    Default Re: Round II?

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    You do understand that John Sniffle Sniffle Boner's words are just hyperbole and an assumption, right?

    If the federal government gave money DIRECTLY TO UNIONS, as a bailout or otherwise, believe me, the news would be FULL of such information. No money was given to unions; it was given to the educational system which is seperate from unions.

    What was that about ignorant again? LOL!
    I'm going to break this down for you one last time. I realize you probably won't read it, but I'm going to try anyway. And let me say one more time that your union sounds like it should be the model for all public unions. I'm serious. If what you say about your public union is accurate, then that explains exactly why Iowa is running in a surplus. The Ohio public teacher's pension fund is 18 BILLION dollars in the hole. And that is because of promises made that they can't keep.

    In Ohio, and many other states, public unions make deals with state politicians that they helped get elected. These union bosses promise to help get these people elected if the politician will help them get union policy passed. This is not new. This isn't hidden. SEIU donated 80 million dollars to political campaigns in 2008. It is public record and so are teacher's union donations. Now, when new contracts come up, the union bosses go to those officials that they got elected and present their list of demands. Those union demands are ultimately passed and now promises have been made to the union members.

    I want to stress to you that the union members are the victims here. They are being lied to by their own union leadership and the politicians who will no longer be there when all of these promises collapse. So now you have promises of GUARANTEED PENSIONS to thousands of former public employees. They don't tell these people that if the market collapses that they won't get their money because the contract guarantees it. Are you with me so far?

    In Ohio and many other states, the tax payer is responsible for a portion of those pensions. The tax payer gets their wages garnished and has no option but to pay their part (which they never agreed to). The other two parts of these funds are employee contributions and investments. If an employee puts 9% into that fund like PM said he did, then that's great. The problem is that 9% of your salary does not mean you "saved" 9%. It merely means you "contributed" 9%. The difference here is that if you are contributing 9% to a fund that is 18 BILLION dollars in the hole, you are just trying to catch it up to even. Nothing is being saved. But they are still guaranteed a pension even though they have no money. That does not make sense at all and you know it.

    So what happens when the unions can't make payroll for the promises they made? Well, they threaten to lay off teachers (or other employees), which is exactly what happened in the link I provided. The unions have a contract to pay pensions and they pay those first. If no money is left after those payments, layoffs are needed. But, instead of taking their own medicine, these unions were bailed out by the taxpayers. Is that fair?

    Tax payers already contributed their part of the contract that they never signed. The unions either misspent the money or they simply made promises they knew they couldn't keep. Then, when everything breaks down, they punish tax payers. What do you think would be the response if non-union private sector workers raided union pension funds to bail out their companies? Do you think the unions would say that's okay? Do you think they would later argue that getting their money stolen was a good idea?

    Like I've said, Ohio's teacher's union pension fund is 18 BILLION in the hole. What do you think is going to happen when they can't meet the payroll? It's either layoffs or stealing more from the tax payer. I'm betting on the theft. Anyone who thinks it's fair to garnish wages, misspend those wages and then demand more money from people who see no benefit from that money, is simply not thinking straight. Like I said, do you think unions would be okay if their pensions were raided to benefit non-union workers?

  7. #52

    Default Re: Round II?

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    What was that about ignorant again? LOL!
    I admit that I only scanned the previous posts, but I don't recall and I didn't find where I called you ignorant. Could you please direct me to where I did because I'm starting to think you have voices in your head and you're blaming me for them.

  8. #53

    Default Re: Round II?

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Ban,
    You've called your self a ''fact man'' when in fact you are just a royal prick who picks and chooses stats that fit your BS. IF no one else has called you a prick you have been lied to your entire life.
    Care to provide me with an instance where I have "picked and chosen stats that fit my BS?" As a fact man, I'm VERY careful about what I state as fact (and fiction), and it's why I ofer people bets of $1,000 to prove me wrong. So, where have I picked and chosen those stats?

    Now, if you want to call me a prick, then I'll tell you to go fuck yourself you chickenshit fucker and BEG you to tell me that in person sometime. Got it, boy?

    To the moderators: He started with the name caling and the use of "unsavory language." If I'm banned, so should our resident screw ball who thinks the world is out to get him.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  9. #54

    Default Re: Round II?

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Calm down and read when I say who specifically I am talking about. It's OHIO AND OTHER STATES LIKE IT.
    Which other states like Ohio, or are we just going on the strawman argument ONCE again? LOL!!

    Personally, I'b begging that the regressives continue to push their anti-worker b.s. and keep pitting American against American. Looks like it worked pretty well for Kasich and the fascist from Wisconsin, eh? LOL!!!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •