Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 22

Thread: If I wanted America to fail

  1. #10

    Default Re: If I wanted America to fail

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Leglace recommended Inside Job a while back but I can't find it anywhere. It sounds interesting but after about 6 months of looking, I gave up. But, as far as the homeownership program taking so long to collapse, I don't know why. I do know that in economies so large that things take time. Just like SS and medicare getting ready to collapse now. Give it time and bad ideas show themselves for just what they are. And you asked why it took 40 years to collapse and then say it took 35 years of deregulation to collapse it. See what I mean? It takes time.

    Anyway, I will try again to find the movie. Our library has it listed but it's never there. I'm pretty sure someone has taken it.
    As I said, and, for now, the program that made home ownership more available to certain groups had NOTHING to do with the collapse. That information has been passed along by folks who really didn't know what happened.

    "Inside Job" was available at all of the major video stores for a while. As I said, it will all become crystal clear from that.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  2. #11
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: If I wanted America to fail

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    And I would say that the worldwide economic collapse of 2008 showed that unbridled capitalism can also do a pretty good job of bringing down capitalism pretty derned quickly.
    Ban I would temper that statement that one has to differiate between True Free market Capitialism & Corporatocracy. They might look the same but they are not. And this inability by many peopel with "left-leanign" views cause them to dismantle what is good in the free amrket system & therefore think that a government controlled amrket will be better when in fact that is exactly what a Corporatocracy actually is: big business using the govt as a method of dominating the market & suppressing competition.

  3. #12
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: If I wanted America to fail

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Leglace recommended Inside Job a while back but I can't find it anywhere. It sounds interesting but after about 6 months of looking, I gave up. But, as far as the homeownership program taking so long to collapse, I don't know why. I do know that in economies so large that things take time. Just like SS and medicare getting ready to collapse now. Give it time and bad ideas show themselves for just what they are. And you asked why it took 40 years to collapse and then say it took 35 years of deregulation to collapse it. See what I mean? It takes time.

    Anyway, I will try again to find the movie. Our library has it listed but it's never there. I'm pretty sure someone has taken it.
    Quinn check out this

    Crisis By Design

    Amazon.com: Crisis by Design: The Untold Story of the Global Financial Coup and What You Can Do About It (9780982201565): John Truman Wolfe: Books

    Wolfe is an acquaintance of mine. I used to play baseball with his son. His wife runs a non-profit that does Eco-tours in South Africa.

  4. #13
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: If I wanted America to fail



    He writes about the key elements involved, including the IMF, World Bank, the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933, the Bank of International Settlements, the Waiver of Capital Requirements, the Global Monetary Authority, and the deals, instruments, and agencies responsible for the destruction of the worldwide financial system. If you want to understand monetary reality on a local and a global level, please check out this video & read the book!


  5. #14

    Default Re: If I wanted America to fail

    Right now I am pondering between 2 books on Ruby Ridge, 1 on Waco, The Illuminatus Trilogy, 2 books on guys who have climbed the highest peaks in the world and 1 book on Lemmy. I am going to have to add that one to the list. It does sound very interesting. Have you read it?

  6. #15

    Default Re: If I wanted America to fail

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Ban I would temper that statement that one has to differiate between True Free market Capitialism & Corporatocracy. They might look the same but they are not. And this inability by many peopel with "left-leanign" views cause them to dismantle what is good in the free amrket system & therefore think that a government controlled amrket will be better when in fact that is exactly what a Corporatocracy actually is: big business using the govt as a method of dominating the market & suppressing competition.
    Believe me, I know the difference between free market capitalism (Lassiez-Faire Capitalism) and Welfare Capitalism, which is what ALL capitalist systems use.

    There is a reason why no countries use pure, free market capitalism (laissez-faire).
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  7. #16

    Default Re: If I wanted America to fail

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post


    He writes about the key elements involved, including the IMF, World Bank, the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933, the Bank of International Settlements, the Waiver of Capital Requirements, the Global Monetary Authority, and the deals, instruments, and agencies responsible for the destruction of the worldwide financial system. If you want to understand monetary reality on a local and a global level, please check out this video & read the book!

    The other world banks had ZERO to do with the collapse of 2008. Those were U.S. banks that caused that, which eventually rippled through into worldwide markets and banks.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  8. #17
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: If I wanted America to fail

    That would be incorrect. Those "world banks" call the shots make no bones abut it.

  9. #18
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: If I wanted America to fail

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Right now I am pondering between 2 books on Ruby Ridge, 1 on Waco, The Illuminatus Trilogy, 2 books on guys who have climbed the highest peaks in the world and 1 book on Lemmy. I am going to have to add that one to the list. It does sound very interesting. Have you read it?
    Yes I know the author & his family. Another one of ocurse is Confessions of an Economic Hitman.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •