Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 11

Thread: My life is now complete

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default My life is now complete

    The Super Chicken Cartoon Theme Song - YouTube

    After years of searching I have found enlightenment
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  2. #2

    Default Re: My life is now complete

    "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred" was the standard response to complaints when I was in the Army. We would get up early on Saturday morning (stateside, in the barracks) to watch Super Chicken and Rocky and Bullwinkle. Thanks, Russ, for the reminder. (By the way, was this post religion or politics?)

    R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

  3. #3
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: My life is now complete

    Religion
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  4. #4
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: My life is now complete

    Didn't he ride around in the "Super Coop?"

    Yes. I found this on a google search:



    BTW: I am constantly reminded how lucky we are to have a wrestling talk forum where we can exchange ideas.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  5. #5
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: My life is now complete

    He first drank his super sauce out of a martini glass-then transformed into superchicken.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  6. #6
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: My life is now complete

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    The Super Chicken Cartoon Theme Song - YouTube

    After years of searching I have found enlightenment





  7. #7

    Default Re: My life is now complete

    I remember watching reruns of F Troop with my dad when I was little. He would laugh until tears ran down his face. That show and the movie Pink Panther are the only times I've seen him cry. And those are tears of laughter. Wasn't the indian tribe called "fugawi" or something like that? As in "Where the fugawi?" Not sure but I remember the "F" word being suggested in the indian tribe name somehow.

  8. #8
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: My life is now complete

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I remember watching reruns of F Troop with my dad when I was little. He would laugh until tears ran down his face. That show and the movie Pink Panther are the only times I've seen him cry. And those are tears of laughter. Wasn't the indian tribe called "fugawi" or something like that? As in "Where the fugawi?" Not sure but I remember the "F" word being suggested in the indian tribe name somehow.
    The Indian tribe was the Hekawi, as in "We're the Hekawi" (or, "Where the heck are we?"). The joke is based on the name Fugawi, as in "We're the Fugawi" (or, well you get the idea).

    The "F" in F Troop might have been because F is a failing grade. but I'm just guessing.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  9. #9

    Default Re: My life is now complete

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    The Indian tribe was the Hekawi, as in "We're the Hekawi" (or, "Where the heck are we?"). The joke is based on the name Fugawi, as in "We're the Fugawi" (or, well you get the idea).

    The "F" in F Troop might have been because F is a failing grade. but I'm just guessing.
    Okay. Maybe my dad told me about the fugawi joke and I am remembering wrong. But what was the original "Fugawi" name then? Is it a real name of something or is it a joke? And obviously I don't remember everything very well, but wasn't F Troop really called Fort Courage and it got shortened? When I just watched the theme song I thought the sign said Fort Courage. But F as in failing grade was probably their intention. That show had a lot of innuendos.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •