Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 34

Thread: Ron Paul's Restore America Plan

  1. #19
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Ron Paul's Restore America Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I agree with pessimistic, just not giving up. I tell anyone I know about him and post on here about him. I would love for everyone to vote for him. But I am pessimistic about his chances. Most of America will vote for whoever the union bosses and media tells them to vote for. That is realistic.
    Not the people I know.

    Q you can always do something about it. In 2007-8 I canvassed my voting precinct with RP flyers. I went to every registered GOP door & gave them one. I went back to tall the independents. My precinct had the 2nd highest votes for RP in the Florida primary in my country. I suggest you get hooked up with a group & change your neighborhood. it will change your life.

  2. #20

    Default Re: Ron Paul's Restore America Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Not the people I know.

    Q you can always do something about it. In 2007-8 I canvassed my voting precinct with RP flyers. I went to every registered GOP door & gave them one. I went back to tall the independents. My precinct had the 2nd highest votes for RP in the Florida primary in my country. I suggest you get hooked up with a group & change your neighborhood. it will change your life.
    I actually worked the polls for that election but did not campaign for anyone. What the heck, I got a few hours a week to do that. Where do I find the RP places in the Cincinnati area? Is it on his website?

  3. #21

    Default Re: Ron Paul's Restore America Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Many argue that we ar so far ahead of the rest of the world that we could afford to lay off for awhile, but what happens if we become complaicent and the rest of the world catches up.

    Really where we could save money but lose some influence globaly is to close bases in other countries, bring those soldiers home and repost them on the boarder, thats two birds one stone. One of the issues is always how much more we spend on defense than say japan, well the reason japan or germany dont have to spend a bunch on defense is because we basically provide defense for them. Now logistically it is good for us to have the baes over seas. Either way the cuts will come at the expense of the soldiers as usuall, if they happen.
    I guess my question is... is it so bad if the rest of the world catches up? America still has the weaponry (nuclear and otherwise) to more or less destroy the world. No one's going to invade it any time in the forseeable future.

    I think that solving this debt problem is going to have to come at everyone's expense. Spending billions of dollars more than you own is not something you can fix easily. My guess is those with money will have to suffer, by having more of it taxed. Those without money are going to suffer a decrease in government assistance as social services are cut. Those employed by government (including soldiers) will suffer lower salaries or need to find new jobs. The problem is, politicians don't get elected easily by promising suffering.

  4. #22
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Ron Paul's Restore America Plan

    I think it is bad for the rest of the world to catch us militarily, just my opinion. If they got serious about cutting entitlements then I think their could be serious cuts to defense.

  5. #23
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Ron Paul's Restore America Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I actually worked the polls for that election but did not campaign for anyone. What the heck, I got a few hours a week to do that. Where do I find the RP places in the Cincinnati area? Is it on his website?
    I am the member of a MEET UP Ron Paul group in Clearwater, FL & we have 290 members. THey have a list of ones in Ohio here:

    Ron Paul Meetups near Cincinnati, Ohio - Ron Paul Meetups - Cincinnati

    They list the most 31 members.

    That is a good place to start!

    or else MOVE TO FLORIDA!

  6. #24
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Ron Paul's Restore America Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    I think it is bad for the rest of the world to catch us militarily, just my opinion. If they got serious about cutting entitlements then I think their could be serious cuts to defense.
    Our military might is in our technology. RP says cut back the military NUMBERS b/c we can't afford it! Much of that would be cut from the wars we wage. He doesn't cut on defense spending however.

    I think this analogy is a great example:

    Description Per Year $
    Total annual income for the Jones family $21,700
    Amount of money the Jones family spent $38,200
    Amount of new debt added to the credit card $16,500
    Outstanding balance on the credit card $142,710
    Amount cut from the budget $385
    Letting the old papa's tax cuts expire ~$3800
    Amount spent on wars $1,232 ($12,323 total since 2001)

    If your spouse handed you this budget you would think that they were nuts. But this the basic budget we have had for the past 11 years.

    Now to get the real numbers that the US government is spending ADD EIGHT F-in ZEROS to all those numbers. Ron Paul is calling for $1 trillion to be cut in the 1st year & to have a balanced budget in 3 years of his presidency. That is really saying something. If we don't do something like that catastrophe is coming.
    Last edited by kr1963; 10-26-2011 at 12:47 AM.

  7. #25
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Ron Paul's Restore America Plan

    KR there is no doubt Paul is the only canidate that is offering any real change through out the entire gov. If he were elected how much of his policies do you think he could get passed? My fear is that he would be a lame duck because both republicans and democrats would stonewall him. Having said that it might be good for the nation to have that happen. IF he were stonewalled he would most likely win re-election and have an entirely new congress to work with.

  8. #26
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Ron Paul's Restore America Plan

    i am reading Tenet' s book on his time as DCI at CIA . He was caught totally surprised by India and Pakistan both testing nukes (successfully)-He also claims the Pakistan/India border is hotter than the Israeli/Palestine border and both have nuclear capabilities . The former Soviet Union has untold unaccounted for nukes and dirty bombs so I'm not sure there is much catching up to do . 9/11 showed us the capacity a terrorist attack-no matter the source-has on our nation's pysche and the old days of general warfare are over .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  9. #27
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Ron Paul's Restore America Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    KR there is no doubt Paul is the only canidate that is offering any real change through out the entire gov. If he were elected how much of his policies do you think he could get passed? My fear is that he would be a lame duck because both republicans and democrats would stonewall him. Having said that it might be good for the nation to have that happen. IF he were stonewalled he would most likely win re-election and have an entirely new congress to work with.
    2010 saw a big influx of Tea Party candidates so perhaps 2012 will see more...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •