Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 73

Thread: Wallstreet revolution

  1. #46
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: Wallstreet revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I am all for re-distribution of the wealth........ .
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  2. #47
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Wallstreet revolution

    WE'RE HERE ;WE'RE UNCLEAR; GET USED TO IT !!!!!!



    read a sign at the demonstration.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  3. #48
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: Wallstreet revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    ... Except one is mostly made up of idiot leftists who normally dress in stupid getups and the other was mostly idiot conservatives who dressed up in stupid getups specially for the protests.
    For those who think one movement is ridiculous and the other is not
    Quiz: Occupy Wall Street or Tea Party? - Slate Magazine

  4. #49

    Default Re: Wallstreet revolution

    One is ridiculous and the other was not. Let's see here one has hundreds of people arrested, nothing really set on what they want to accomplish, American communist and socialist back them, want things handed to them, craps on cop cars, punches cops, drugs being taken, anti-semetic, some calling for violence, walks on the American Flag ect ect ect... I wonder which movement that is Occupy Wall Street or the Tea Party.

    I know there were some frindge in the Tea Party and the Tea Party policed themselves and removed those people.

  5. #50
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: Wallstreet revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    One is ridiculous and the other was not. Let's see here one has hundreds of people arrested, nothing really set on what they want to accomplish, American communist and socialist back them, want things handed to them, craps on cop cars, punches cops, drugs being taken, anti-semetic, some calling for violence, walks on the American Flag ect ect ect... I wonder which movement that is Occupy Wall Street or the Tea Party.

    I know there were some frindge in the Tea Party and the Tea Party policed themselves and removed those people.
    Let me rephrase:
    One movement you agree with the politics and the other you don't.

  6. #51

    Default Re: Wallstreet revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Let me rephrase:
    One movement you agree with the politics and the other you don't.
    Actually I agree with them on one thing and that is that i was against all the bailouts. However, how can anyone say they agree with their politics when they are protesting so many different things. If they are are pissed then do it the right way and don't act like a bunch of entitled teenagers.

  7. #52

    Default Re: Wallstreet revolution

    I wish the little budding socialists could all get together and occupy an entire swath of uninhabited land somewhere in the U.S. They could start their own self-sufficient community where there would be total income equality regardless of individual effort put forth. If one person happened to make a few more dollars than another person, that person would be forced to turn over their money and/or property in order to satisfy the holy quest for social justice. I'm sure they'd all get up early in the day and perform their daily duties, all to support the needs of the community. It would be interesting to see if they would actually get off their a$$es and go to work every day when there are no "rich" to support their laziness and sloth.

    Or, maybe we could airdrop copies of books by Hayek, Friedman, and Muravchik to see if they could learn to rub two brain cells together. They should probably start with this one from Muravchik first: Amazon.com: Heaven On Earth: The Rise and Fall of Socialism (9781893554788): Joshua Muravchik: Books

  8. #53
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Wallstreet revolution

    Now these people want Bloomberg to resign and in order to accomplish this a man has set himself a top a 40 foot steel piece of art and vowed to not come down until Bloomberg resins.

  9. #54

    Default Re: Wallstreet revolution

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Now these people want Bloomberg to resign and in order to accomplish this a man has set himself a top a 40 foot steel piece of art and vowed to not come down until Bloomberg resins.
    That's actually quite funny. Don't know what he expects to happen, but I doubt he stays up there for very long. BTW- Bloomberg is a far left wacko, so getting him to resign wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. I just don't think the moron on top of the 40ft. piece of steel has really thought things through. I wouldn't want to be standing underneath him cheering him on when he has to go the the restroom.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •