Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 28 to 36 of 49

Thread: The Grand Design

  1. #28

    Default Re: The Grand Design

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    You are so full of shit your eyes are brown and you can never get that taste out of your mouth. I honestly can not think of anybody I have ever met that is more full of shit than you are. It is scary. Big is embarrassed by what you post.
    Geez... I agree with you that coachsparky's posts are irritating and out to lunch, but that was a pretty vicious response.

  2. #29

    Default Re: The Grand Design

    Sparky, you have called an entire group of people (those who believe the Bible is the only way to salvation) close minded bigots who you abhore. Then, when someone from that group says you are full of it, you claim to be the one attacked. It is comical. You have claimed to be a christian, then said you don't believe the Bible (except for one quote), you have said everyone gets saved, then you claim to hate a group of people, then you have some grand design of other dimensions. I am actually glad to read that I am not the only one who has absolutely no idea what you believe.

    I don't agree with kr's ideas of spirituality either, but at least he is not only consistant but respectful about it too.

  3. #30

    Default Re: The Grand Design

    Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    The facts you present are then misinterpreted.. lol.

    Don't tell me how to run a community - last I checked we're good at it.

    Start posting and contributing to the wrestling sections.
    Yet not a single person can point to anything that is misinterpreted. I am simply following the fact that the number of people who take a bigoted close minded approach to the application of the Bible are in a clear and indisputable minority. That majority of people accept that there are a multitude of paths to "salvation" whatever that means.

  4. #31

    Default Re: The Grand Design

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Sparky, you have called an entire group of people (those who believe the Bible is the only way to salvation) close minded bigots who you abhore. Then, when someone from that group says you are full of it, you claim to be the one attacked. It is comical. You have claimed to be a christian, then said you don't believe the Bible (except for one quote), you have said everyone gets saved, then you claim to hate a group of people, then you have some grand design of other dimensions. I am actually glad to read that I am not the only one who has absolutely no idea what you believe.

    I don't agree with kr's ideas of spirituality either, but at least he is not only consistant but respectful about it too.
    I have been completely respectful to all individuals on here and I never said I hated anyone, not one single person have I said that about.

  5. #32

    Default Re: The Grand Design

    Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Geez... I agree with you that coachsparky's posts are irritating and out to lunch, but that was a pretty vicious response.
    Maybe out to lunch but no body can argue with the facts they are what they are. Only a small minority of people believe in that close minded bigoted approach to religion.

  6. #33

    Default Re: The Grand Design

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    coachsparky-
    Are you a DEIST or a CHRISTIAN ? If dEIST i can somewhat follow your reasoning, if CHRISTIAN I have a hard time following your discourse .
    I am an Eisteinian/Hawkinian deist/pantheist and a follower of Jesus so I easily wear the label of Christian. However just as Jesus did not believe he was "the Christ" I do not either.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

  7. #34

    Default Re: The Grand Design

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    I have been completely respectful to all individuals on here and I never said I hated anyone, not one single person have I said that about.
    You said you abhor the christians who think their is only one way to salvation. It is your post, not mine. Abhor means to "utterly detest" which pretty much means hate. That does not sound respectful. I happen to be one of those you abhor. I will not debate you on religion because I know it will solve nothing. But when you claim to abhor a group of people, don't claim to be the one attacked when they call you on it.

    Now, I'm done. I promised not to respond to this thread and I did anyway. Nothing you can say will make me change my thoughts about what I believe or what you said, so please let's just drop it and move on.

  8. #35

    Default Re: The Grand Design

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    You said you abhor the christians who think their is only one way to salvation. It is your post, not mine. Abhor means to "utterly detest" which pretty much means hate. That does not sound respectful. I happen to be one of those you abhor. I will not debate you on religion because I know it will solve nothing. But when you claim to abhor a group of people, don't claim to be the one attacked when they call you on it.

    Now, I'm done. I promised not to respond to this thread and I did anyway. Nothing you can say will make me change my thoughts about what I believe or what you said, so please let's just drop it and move on.
    I know what I said and as you showed, I did not say I hated anyone nor would I because I hate noone. I am not attempting to change anyone's beliefs. And I was clearly and undeniably the one attacked for no apparent reason whatsoever as I attacked not a single soul on this forum. Odd that some people are allowed to get away with blatant attacks though.

    And Yes I do "disapprove of or reject very strongly" (which is the definition of abhor) of bigoted people who believe that only they are saved. That belief is repugnant and offensive to all other believers from whatever background.
    Last edited by coachsparky; 03-16-2011 at 12:35 PM.

  9. #36
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: The Grand Design

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    I am an Eisteinian/Hawkinian deist/pantheist and a follower of Jesus so I easily wear the label of Christian. However just as Jesus did not believe he was "the Christ" I do not either.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    I too agree Jesus was but a man ,at best a prophet, NOT the Messiah . Most organized religions , IMO, ALL believe themselves SUPERIOR and if you do NOT follow their dogma you are an infidel,goyim,heathen, etc,-so I find myself in agreement with your belief that most dogmatic religions believe themselves superior .

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •