Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 31

Thread: Looks Like It Truly Is Fixed News!

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Looks Like It Truly Is Fixed News!

    I've known about the internal, daily memos that top executives give their "reporters" each day, but this sheds a whole new light on things.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecut...nge-skepticism
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Looks Like It Truly Is Fixed News!

    It is a surprise to you that Fox news wants its people to use language that appeals to its viewers. What do you think goes on at NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC and CNN. They all attract a certain kind of audience and have the stories that are received well by those audiences.

    They didn't say anything that was out of line. They did not tell the anchors to manipulate or lie. It is true that there are many actual scientists who are critical of the global warming theory, That is true. I would say that most of the viewers of fox news are critical as well.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Looks Like It Truly Is Fixed News!

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    It is a surprise to you that Fox news wants its people to use language that appeals to its viewers. What do you think goes on at NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC and CNN. They all attract a certain kind of audience and have the stories that are received well by those audiences.

    They didn't say anything that was out of line. They did not tell the anchors to manipulate or lie. It is true that there are many actual scientists who are critical of the global warming theory, That is true. I would say that most of the viewers of fox news are critical as well.
    They were deliberately instructed to state things that were not factual. I'm not sure how much more out of line that an apparent "news organization" could get.

    We can't say the same about any other networks. We may be able to assume it, but until facts come out, that is pure conjecture. These cases are clearly documented.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Looks Like It Truly Is Fixed News!

    I read the article but I dont recall them being told to say things that are lies. If you could point out what you are talking about I would appreciate it, I might have misread the article.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Looks Like It Truly Is Fixed News!

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    I read the article but I dont recall them being told to say things that are lies. If you could point out what you are talking about I would appreciate it, I might have misread the article.
    If you click on the links in the article I posted, you can read the memos. For one, there IS NO public option, which is a deliberate lie from those at the top. http://mediamatters.org/blog/201012090003

    This one may not really be telling them to lie, but it does tell them, from higher ups, to be sure to cast doubt. That ought to be troubling to anyone who wants purported "objective reporting." http://mediamatters.org/blog/201012150004

    Again, I've found nothing of this sort from any other network "news" source. If you know of them, please clue me in.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Looks Like It Truly Is Fixed News!

    I still dont see where they were told to lie. Hannity is not a news journalist he is an opinion person and can say what he wants true or not. Using certain terms to sway the argument in your favor is fair game. I believe that they are speaking about the ability for people to purchase insurance from the government and that is the public option.

    I think this is a reach at best, its a gotcha moment that really doesn't mean much. I am sure similar things happen all over, its called editing. If it did come out at other new organizations that their opinion people were being given certain terms to use, like lets say teabagger then I would be fine wth it.

    I can watch the evening newws and tell how that person leans because all of the news anchors put their spin on it, really making it opinion news all over the place. It happens all the time.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Looks Like It Truly Is Fixed News!

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    I still dont see where they were told to lie. Hannity is not a news journalist he is an opinion person and can say what he wants true or not. Using certain terms to sway the argument in your favor is fair game. I believe that they are speaking about the ability for people to purchase insurance from the government and that is the public option.

    I think this is a reach at best, its a gotcha moment that really doesn't mean much. I am sure similar things happen all over, its called editing. If it did come out at other new organizations that their opinion people were being given certain terms to use, like lets say teabagger then I would be fine wth it.

    I can watch the evening newws and tell how that person leans because all of the news anchors put their spin on it, really making it opinion news all over the place. It happens all the time.
    These are directives that came from the top instructing their reporters to use certain terms to cause fear and suspicion. Again, their news is fixed. It is solely designed to give a certain picture, as directed from the top.

    I'm aware of no other news agencies who have been caught doing this.

    And, no, as the memo shows, they weren't instructed to say "public option," but, rather, "government option," which there is none. There IS NO government run health care, aside from the three programs we've had for decades.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Looks Like It Truly Is Fixed News!

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    I still dont see where they were told to lie. Hannity is not a news journalist he is an opinion person and can say what he wants true or not. Using certain terms to sway the argument in your favor is fair game.
    Opinion people should be expected to pursuade people that their opinions are correct (this often involves using certain terms to sway an argument in their favor). In my opinion it is inapprorpriate for 'opinion people' to present information they know is false. Constantly bringing up 'the public option' or 'the government option' which are not included in the bill is intentionally deceptive and dishonest.
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Looks Like It Truly Is Fixed News!

    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    Opinion people should be expected to pursuade people that their opinions are correct (this often involves using certain terms to sway an argument in their favor). In my opinion it is inapprorpriate for 'opinion people' to present information they know is false. Constantly bringing up 'the public option' or 'the government option' which are not included in the bill is intentionally deceptive and dishonest.
    Below, is what Ban posted from media matters. The first few lines clearly say that it was at the height of the debate which is exactly when they were trying to pass the public option. You and Ban are trying to sway people into thinking that this is what they are saying now. Read the article if you didn't. If you did, then you are doing what you claim is wrong. Here is the first sentence from the article Ban posted.

    December 09, 2010 7:31 am ET by Ben Dimiero
    At the height of the health care reform debate last fall, Bill Sammon, Fox News' controversial Washington managing editor, sent a memo directing his network's journalists not to use the phrase "public option."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •