Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 67

Thread: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

  1. #46
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Ah, yes. Here is the historical sequence of that claim.

    1. Paul embraced the letters and was proud of them in his earlier days.
    2. Then he claimed that they were written by a "ghost writer" (even though his name was at the top of all of the letter heads for the newsletters).
    3. Then he claimed that he had no knowledge of these letters (even though he wrote the newsletters over an 18 year period, and his name appeared at the top of all of the letter heads).

    Nah, none of the above is true, as that is one big liberal "mainstream media" (whatever that is?) lie, but, by God, that Louis Farrakhan sure tells some truth, eh? Trust me, you have a tadbit of a credibility problem.
    These are your sequence. I see no links to substantiate what you say. History is different then how you like to portray it or twist it around.

    And again you avoid what this thread addresses: Changing monetary policy so as to right the ship, get rid of the fed & returning financial sanity to our country & planet. Instead of looking @ that you bring up time & time again this SORE SPOT in your universe about RP. As if you are free from mistake yourself.

    Credibility problem isn't mine. It is that you are so willing to accept things an absolute without being on the ground floor examining the facts. I don't neccesssarily agree with Farrakhan but I do beleive he has a right to speak his mind & people don't like it when he speaks the truth. The MSM like to only tell the part of the story that inflames others but that is THEIR job...controversy. LF is fighting for the rights of his race against a long history of slavery & injustices both physically & culturally.

    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

  2. #47
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Ban I have been called a racist many times for stances I take on issues like illegal imigration and affirmitive action. I would have no problem publishing something that I believed in. I believe that Paul should own the comments. It is better to own them thatn hide from them.

    Its like when you run from the cops, even if your inocent, running makes you look guilty. The same can be said for Paul. He should try to put some perspective behind the letters or context.

    So will you answer Quinn's question or not, as I have stated it goes to your credability on this issue.
    And not only that but Ban is SPARKY like in his continued course of being OFF TOPIC. The topic is MONETARY POLICY. And RP is now one of the guys in charge of it. To that I say YEA.

  3. #48

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    So will you answer Quinn's question or not, as I have stated it goes to your credability on this issue.
    First off, I'm not a public official, so to try to "make me accountable" is ludicrous and right out of the template of our modern society's ability to debate.

    However, my last paragraph where I replied to you, essentially, answers the question.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #49

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Ban, your reasoning for not answering my questions might have been credible if I had actually taken a position to say "he did this, but so did he". Look back on my posts. I have never said what I thought about Ron Paul, I only asked you what you thought about JJ or Byrd. So why would you think I was playing the blame game?

    I was asking because I really don't know much about Ron Paul. I know he's a Constitutionalist and that he did not support the Iraq war. That's it. KR, supplied a lot of information both for and against him, so I figured he wasn't taking sides.

    You called racist and that's it. Nothing more. You never even addressed the intent of the thread. Therefore, I asked about other people to see if you had legitmate reasons not to like Paul or if it was to show people some left wing agenda. I specifically chose liberals since Paul isn't. I chose both a white and a black, to make sure you knew it wasn't racist. You chose not to answer and said it was because I was playing the "well he did it too" game. Look again. I did not do that. I feel as though you labled my remarks the way you wanted to. I will forgive you. So, after you look at my posts again, please answer my question so I can be sure that your future posts aren't just full of liberal crap. Be your own man.
    Fair enough.

    Because I devoted my life to fighting for equality for all folks 15+ years ago, part of that responsibility to myself (and to our society, I believe) is to call out ideas that are counter to these fundamental notions of equality that our society is supposed to guarantee and uphold.

    Paul, because of his history-and it is MUCH longer than the newsletters-deserves to be called out, ESPECIALLY because he is a public figure, and a former Presidential candidate.

    And, yes, I hold these beliefs for ALL elected representatives who hold such vile views. See the last paragrpah of post #43.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  5. #50

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    These are your sequence. I see no links to substantiate what you say. History is different then how you like to portray it or twist it around.

    And again you avoid what this thread addresses: Changing monetary policy so as to right the ship, get rid of the fed & returning financial sanity to our country & planet. Instead of looking @ that you bring up time & time again this SORE SPOT in your universe about RP. As if you are free from mistake yourself.

    Credibility problem isn't mine. It is that you are so willing to accept things an absolute without being on the ground floor examining the facts. I don't neccesssarily agree with Farrakhan but I do beleive he has a right to speak his mind & people don't like it when he speaks the truth. The MSM like to only tell the part of the story that inflames others but that is THEIR job...controversy. LF is fighting for the rights of his race against a long history of slavery & injustices both physically & culturally.

    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...
    You think that I just made up that sequence? Seriously? I'm not that smart to devise that!

    Had you read the story and the newsletters in my initial post you would have learned of this sequence. First off, does Paul say he had no knowledge of these letters today? You should know that he does say this, and if you do, then you are aware of part of it, not just all of it historically.

    I also have another great couple of links that shows this sequence, all the while showing how much he is lying and what a weasel he is. How do you even begin to justify opposing the civil rights act-which he did-as well as his son, the Aqua Buddha?
    By the way, you also don't have to sell me on Farrakhan. I defended him for many years, but his vile ideas about Jews kind of killed his credibility for me. (Incidentally, he and Paul share eerily similar views concerning Israel, but we'll leave that for another day).
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  6. #51

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    And not only that but Ban is SPARKY like in his continued course of being OFF TOPIC. The topic is MONETARY POLICY. And RP is now one of the guys in charge of it. To that I say YEA.

    Is it "off topic" to show that a major representative of monetary policy in the U.S. is a well documented racist? Are you comfortable (obviously you are) with having such a goof in such a high ranking position?

    If so to both questions, then God save our nation!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  7. #52
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Is it "off topic" to show that a major representative of monetary policy in the U.S. is a well documented racist? Are you comfortable (obviously you are) with having such a goof in such a high ranking position?

    If so to both questions, then God save our nation!
    He is a racist in your mind. That does not make him a racist. I dont think his writing are racist.

  8. #53
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Is it "off topic" to show that a major representative of monetary policy in the U.S. is a well documented racist? Are you comfortable (obviously you are) with having such a goof in such a high ranking position?

    If so to both questions, then God save our nation!
    He is a racist in your eyes & a goof in your eyes. Millions know otherwise. You obviously haven't read any of his books. The entirety of your posts on this thread have to do with rehashing tired old MSM muck raking.

  9. #54
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    You think that I just made up that sequence? Seriously? I'm not that smart to devise that!

    Had you read the story and the newsletters in my initial post you would have learned of this sequence. First off, does Paul say he had no knowledge of these letters today? You should know that he does say this, and if you do, then you are aware of part of it, not just all of it historically.

    I also have another great couple of links that shows this sequence, all the while showing how much he is lying and what a weasel he is. How do you even begin to justify opposing the civil rights act-which he did-as well as his son, the Aqua Buddha? By the way, you also don't have to sell me on Farrakhan. I defended him for many years, but his vile ideas about Jews kind of killed his credibility for me. (Incidentally, he and Paul share eerily similar views concerning Israel, but we'll leave that for another day).


    What they don't like about the Civil Rights Acts is the segment that gives the government the right to tell people what to do & how to run their business. Nothing wrong with that. They have both said that publicly.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •