Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 37 to 45 of 67

Thread: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

  1. #37

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Newsletters that he didn't write.
    Ah, yes. Here is the historical sequence of that claim.

    1. Paul embraced the letters and was proud of them in his earlier days.
    2. Then he claimed that they were written by a "ghost writer" (even though his name was at the top of all of the letter heads for the newsletters).
    3. Then he claimed that he had no knowledge of these letters (even though he wrote the newsletters over an 18 year period, and his name appeared at the top of all of the letter heads).

    Nah, none of the above is true, as that is one big liberal "mainstream media" (whatever that is?) lie, but, by God, that Louis Farrakhan sure tells some truth, eh?

    trust me, you have a tadbit of a credibility problem.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  2. #38

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    trust me, you have a tadbit of a credibility problem.
    I think someone who casts a racist stone but then refuses to answer a simple question about another "possible" racist is the one with the credibility problem. You haven't said a word about my Robert Byrd question, he was in the KKK! But since he was a liberal then I guess that makes it okay with you. You haven't addressed the Jackson statements either. I'm guessing that is either because he is liberal or black or both. I can only assume that you can't defend these two, and so you choose to just ignore the question. That, to me, is lack of credibility.

  3. #39

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I will duck out of this thread.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #40

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Continue with the fed talk, I will duck out of this thread.
    The fed talk didn't continue. Therefore my questions remain relevant. Why not just anwer them? I really am only curious, but your refusal to acknowledge the questions makes me more and more sure that you know you are being hypocritical. If not, then set me straight.

  5. #41

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    The fed talk didn't continue. Therefore my questions remain relevant. Why not just anwer them? I really am only curious, but your refusal to acknowledge the questions makes me more and more sure that you know you are being hypocritical. If not, then set me straight.
    OK, if you insist, which you do.

    Why don't i answer? because I refuse to play the deflection game and insist that people take responsibility for whom they show support.

    It is too common of a practice today that when someone does something of "unethical conduct," or what have you, that immediately the game of, "So and so did it too! Why weren't you complaining then?" That is beyond ludicrous, and I'm not sure about you, but we were taught in school in Minnesota that to take responsibility for one's self/own and stop trying to say, "So and so did it too! Why didn't you tell them to stop it?"

    So, in this instance we were talking about Ron Paul and Ron Paul alone. I'm not going to play some petty game of, "So and so is a racist too!" We weren't talking about so and so, nor was I proclaiming the greatness of so and so.

    As the kids say, "That's how I roll."
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  6. #42
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    OK, if you insist, which you do.

    Why don't i answer? because I refuse to play the deflection game and insist that people take responsibility for whom they show support.

    It is too common of a practice today that when someone does something of "unethical conduct," or what have you, that immediately the game of, "So and so did it too! Why weren't you complaining then?" That is beyond ludicrous, and I'm not sure about you, but we were taught in school in Minnesota that to take responsibility for one's self/own and stop trying to say, "So and so did it too! Why didn't you tell them to stop it?"

    So, in this instance we were talking about Ron Paul and Ron Paul alone. I'm not going to play some petty game of, "So and so is a racist too!" We weren't talking about so and so, nor was I proclaiming the greatness of so and so.

    As the kids say, "That's how I roll."
    It goes to your credibility on calling out someone as a racist. It is a relevant question. If you want to badger someone for supporting a person you claim to be a racist based on writings that are arguable, then you should answer whether or not you yourself support a racist.

    Now the real reason it seems that you do not answer is because the answer would undermine your points and argument.

    Paul said what he said and he should own it. I read the quotes and did not find them to be very racist. I found them to be poor judgment by a politician. If his writings were considered racist would you consider all of those who have voted for him since and kept him in Congress racist.

    So Quinn is not a deflection it is to get at your own personal thoughts, to see whether your objection is based on racism or partisanship.

  7. #43

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Paul said what he said and he should own it. I read the quotes and did not find them to be very racist. I found them to be poor judgment by a politician. If his writings were considered racist would you consider all of those who have voted for him since and kept him in Congress racist.
    Really? Would you put your name behind them and publish them in your newsletter at work? I would suspect not.

    I also can't help but notice how Paul embraced them, later said they were written by a ghost writer, and now denies any knowledge of them. I wonder why, if they are so benign?

    I would consider most everyone prejudiced (racism is a different concept) or has some prejudice, and many hold a certain amount of racism. It is almost impossible to be raised and socialized in our sociey to not hold a certain amount of fear and negative attitudes toward those of different races or ethnic groups. However, it is a matter of degree and exists on a continuum.

    So, yes, his supporters would certainly hold prejudiced beliefs, and why many of them are not uncomfortable with voting for someone with such vile thoughts. Why did people vote for Byrd? Hillary Clinton? Lott? Barr? Rand Paul? All of these folks have a track record in that regard and continued to get voted in.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  8. #44
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Really? Would you put your name behind them and publish them in your newsletter at work? I would suspect not.

    I also can't help but notice how Paul embraced them, later said they were written by a ghost writer, and now denies any knowledge of them. I wonder why, if they are so benign?

    I would consider most everyone prejudiced (racism is a different concept) or has some prejudice, and many hold a certain amount of racism. It is almost impossible to be raised and socialized in our sociey to not hold a certain amount of fear and negative attitudes toward those of different races or ethnic groups. However, it is a matter of degree and exists on a continuum.

    So, yes, his supporters would certainly hold prejudiced beliefs, and why many of them are not uncomfortable with voting for someone with such vile thoughts. Why did people vote for Byrd? Hillary Clinton? Lott? Barr? Rand Paul? All of these folks have a track record in that regard and continued to get voted in.
    Ban I have been called a racist many times for stances I take on issues like illegal imigration and affirmitive action. I would have no problem publishing something that I believed in. I believe that Paul should own the comments. It is better to own them thatn hide from them.

    Its like when you run from the cops, even if your inocent, running makes you look guilty. The same can be said for Paul. He should try to put some perspective behind the letters or context.

    So will you answer Quinn's question or not, as I have stated it goes to your credability on this issue.

  9. #45

    Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

    Ban, your reasoning for not answering my questions might have been credible if I had actually taken a position to say "he did this, but so did he". Look back on my posts. I have never said what I thought about Ron Paul, I only asked you what you thought about JJ or Byrd. So why would you think I was playing the blame game?

    I was asking because I really don't know much about Ron Paul. I know he's a Constitutionalist and that he did not support the Iraq war. That's it. KR, supplied a lot of information both for and against him, so I figured he wasn't taking sides.

    You called racist and that's it. Nothing more. You never even addressed the intent of the thread. Therefore, I asked about other people to see if you had legitmate reasons not to like Paul or if it was to show people some left wing agenda. I specifically chose liberals since Paul isn't. I chose both a white and a black, to make sure you knew it wasn't racist. You chose not to answer and said it was because I was playing the "well he did it too" game. Look again. I did not do that. I feel as though you labled my remarks the way you wanted to. I will forgive you. So, after you look at my posts again, please answer my question so I can be sure that your future posts aren't just full of liberal crap. Be your own man.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •