Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 82 to 90 of 102

Thread: In defense of atheist billboards

  1. #82
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: In defense of atheist billboards

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    I do not understand what you are arguing about then. If you realize that Adam and Eve is a myth why do you have a problem with the FACT that the Christmas story, the virgin birth and all of that is undeniably a myth as well. Either parts of it are mythology or all of it is literally true. You cannot have it both ways. My lord are you hypocritical or what!
    I never said I did not believe in Adam and Eve, I said I dont believe in a young earth or that people lived to be 500.

    I believe in the miracles and prophecy of the Bible. I believe in the Christmas story because it was also foretold. I believe that Jesus did miracles, healed the sick fed 5,000 two loafs of bread. I believe them because it is part of the faith. There is with any faith a need to go beyond reason and science. That is why I say you can call yourself what you want but Christianity is based on the belief of a miracle the virgin birth and another miracle the death and resurrection of Christ. I believe them to be true even though they might not or do not stand up to reason. Jesus says to John after his resurrection "you believe because you have seen, blessed are those who have not seen yet believe". You might not be able to understand it, you might think people who do are ignorant but it is faith. That also does not mean that I can not question or come to a different conclusion about some scripture, but on the base tenets of the Bible I believe them to be true reasonable or not.

  2. #83

    Default Re: In defense of atheist billboards

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    I never said I did not believe in Adam and Eve, I said I dont believe in a young earth or that people lived to be 500.

    I believe in the miracles and prophecy of the Bible. I believe in the Christmas story because it was also foretold. I believe that Jesus did miracles, healed the sick fed 5,000 two loafs of bread. I believe them because it is part of the faith. There is with any faith a need to go beyond reason and science. That is why I say you can call yourself what you want but Christianity is based on the belief of a miracle the virgin birth and another miracle the death and resurrection of Christ. I believe them to be true even though they might not or do not stand up to reason. Jesus says to John after his resurrection "you believe because you have seen, blessed are those who have not seen yet believe". You might not be able to understand it, you might think people who do are ignorant but it is faith. That also does not mean that I can not question or come to a different conclusion about some scripture, but on the base tenets of the Bible I believe them to be true reasonable or not.
    Wow, OK, at least you own up to the truth that you suspend your use of reason, logic and rational thinking to believe the things you do. All I can say is thank God you are not a person in control of anything important in any way shape or form.

  3. #84
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: In defense of atheist billboards

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    Wow, OK, at least you own up to the truth that you suspend your use of reason, logic and rational thinking to believe the things you do. All I can say is thank God you are not a person in control of anything important in any way shape or form.
    I am in charge of some very important things FYI, So is my uncle, father in law, wife and many other believers in this world. I am sure when you go to a hospital you vet the Dr's to make sure they do not believe in Christ.

    I find it reasonable to believe in God and his son. I do not live my life suspending logic and reason never looking things critically.

    I also find it much more unreasonable that you claim to be a Christian yet you defy all of the basic belief points of the faith. You believe that Jesus was a moral teacher and nothing more. Why call yourself what you are not? What do you hope to gain by calling yourself a Christian?

  4. #85

    Default Re: In defense of atheist billboards

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    I am in charge of some very important things FYI, So is my uncle, father in law, wife and many other believers in this world. I am sure when you go to a hospital you vet the Dr's to make sure they do not believe in Christ.

    I find it reasonable to believe in God and his son. I do not live my life suspending logic and reason never looking things critically.

    I also find it much more unreasonable that you claim to be a Christian yet you defy all of the basic belief points of the faith. You believe that Jesus was a moral teacher and nothing more. Why call yourself what you are not? What do you hope to gain by calling yourself a Christian?
    You are perhaps in your mind. When I go to the hospital, I am confident that the Dr. believes in science, which you obviously do not.

    As I have said I believe in God too, and we are all the theoretical children of God though God has no personality we do eminate from It. A true Christian is someone that follows the teaching of Jesus not the beliefs that the church that developed after he was gone made up to sell their wares. (For a good idea of what I am talking about get a copy of the Jefferson Bible in which he distilled the teachings of Jesus from the mythology that the church built around his teachings.) I call myself a Christian because it is the truth, I believe in the things Jesus taught and therefore it is the best description of my religious beliefs. I also say I am a pantheist/deist and not a theist. Many of our founding fathers went to Christian churches although they were deist and pantheist, if it was good enough for them it is good enough for me.

  5. #86
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: In defense of atheist billboards

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    You are perhaps in your mind. When I go to the hospital, I am confident that the Dr. believes in science, which you obviously do not.

    As I have said I believe in God too, and we are all the theoretical children of God though God has no personality we do eminate from It. A true Christian is someone that follows the teaching of Jesus not the beliefs that the church that developed after he was gone made up to sell their wares. (For a good idea of what I am talking about get a copy of the Jefferson Bible in which he distilled the teachings of Jesus from the mythology that the church built around his teachings.) I call myself a Christian because it is the truth, I believe in the things Jesus taught and therefore it is the best description of my religious beliefs. I also say I am a pantheist/deist and not a theist. Many of our founding fathers went to Christian churches although they were deist and pantheist, if it was good enough for them it is good enough for me.
    You have zero clue what the bible teaches. Like I said you can call yourself whatever you want, that does not make it true. Do you believe Jesus did miracles as the Bible says and he himself says? You are a Deist that is fine yet you are not a Christian.

    Just so you know I am in charge of things that everyone finds important.

  6. #87

    Default Re: In defense of atheist billboards

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Just so you know I am in charge of things that everyone finds important.
    Wow. This thread becomes more and more entertaining with every post. As an atheist, I don't even feel the need to chime in.

  7. #88

    Default Re: In defense of atheist billboards

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Wow. This thread becomes more and more entertaining with every post. As an atheist, I don't even feel the need to chime in.
    I understand where you are coming from flop. On one hand he wants to define what I am based on his extremely narrow and uneducated beliefs in what the Bible says and on the other he wants to say he is more important than any other poster on this thread. What a hoot.
    Last edited by coachsparky; 12-19-2010 at 09:52 AM.

  8. #89
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: In defense of atheist billboards

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    I understand where you are coming from flop. On one hand he want to define what I am based on his extremely narrow and uneducated beliefs in what the Bible says and on the other he want to say he is more important than any other poster on this thread. What a hoot.
    Sparky I am in charge of kids many kids that is important. I dont think I am more important than anyone and never said that in any way, you fabricated that.

    You say you are a Christian I say you are not because you do not practice Christianity. You say i am uneducated about the Bible yet you fail to understand the basic tenets of the Bible. You say you believe in the Jesus, but do you believe that he did what he said he did?

    On one hand you say that I should not be in charge of anything important because I believe Christ is the son of God, is God and in the mirracles of his life. Then on the other hand you say you trust a Dr. who has the same belief as I do. That is a clear contradiction.

  9. #90

    Default Re: In defense of atheist billboards

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Sparky I am in charge of kids many kids that is important. I dont think I am more important than anyone and never said that in any way, you fabricated that.

    You say you are a Christian I say you are not because you do not practice Christianity. You say i am uneducated about the Bible yet you fail to understand the basic tenets of the Bible. You say you believe in the Jesus, but do you believe that he did what he said he did?

    On one hand you say that I should not be in charge of anything important because I believe Christ is the son of God, is God and in the mirracles of his life. Then on the other hand you say you trust a Dr. who has the same belief as I do. That is a clear contradiction.
    Now you are fabricating things. Show me where I said you should not be in charge of anything important simply because you believe Jesus was the son of God. I believe that too, and I believe you are the son of God and I am the son of God and my sisters are the daughters of God. Why I am glad you are not in charge with anything important is because you reject reason and science and believe in mythology of the virgin birth and Adam and Eve and Jonah instead of excepting the laws of Nature and Nature's God.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •