Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast
Results 109 to 117 of 141

Thread: You stay classy, American Atheists group

  1. #109
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    Go back and look at the post again kr. The bb author comes straight out and states his three purposes for the campaign. Your ignoring that makes you either completely incapable of comprehending plain English or wildly delusional.

    And I would never apologize to a bunch of oversensitive mamby pamby religionist. I bet the guy thinks, "Lord these morons need to get over it!"
    Sounds like exactly what I said...

    To attack the myth that Christianity owns the solstice season

    And the rest of your quote continues to degenerate into name calling & getting personal. No thanks.


  2. #110

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Ok now we are @ the point where I have say black you say white. This is no longer a discussion or a DEBATE.
    I guess. I just cannot even look back and see anywhere that I even implied you were a Christian. I talked about you beliefs in the Bible but that does not require your being a Christian. Perhaps you could point it out?

  3. #111

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Wow. Spark if you really believe that then we don't have enough of a shared reality to further this discussion. Usually video or photographs are secondary to first hand eye witness accounts. I know what I can do & I have enough people witness it.
    I do really believe that. It is called being rational and using the reason that Nature gave me. I guess It passed you by when rationality and reason were being passed out. You should look up the scientific process and you would understand where I am coming from. Science can answer every single question that exists. It may take some time but it is the process to Truth.
    Last edited by coachsparky; 12-12-2010 at 05:07 PM.

  4. #112

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Sounds like exactly what I said...


    And the rest of your quote continues to degenerate into name calling & getting personal. No thanks.


    First off it is not even slightly close to what you said. Here is what you said,

    I would bet that if you asked the BB creator what his intent was, he might say "to piss off as many christians as possible."
    Obviously a huge difference between attacking the myth that Christian have sole ownership of the soltice season and trying to piss of as many Christians as possible. If you cannot see the difference then I guess it is another case where I say white and you say black for the sake of being confrentational.

    Show me where I called anyone on this thread a name. I did not. I am being up front and communicating honestly, if you cannot do that, then I guess we cannot have a discussion.

  5. #113
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    From CoachSparky

    If you want to buy into that myth then have at it that is your choice but it is just silliness and oversensitivity to claim that the billboard is calling anyone an idiot.

    &

    It is very apparent to me that you are reading something into this billboard that the authors did not intend because you are oversensitive about your religion and expect attacks.

    &

    Exact same words my brother in law used but trust me, your position and his both advice that aren't you scared (ie afraid) of going to hell, well then you should suspend your ability to think rationally and believe the Bible.
    1) Never said anything about buying into the story or myth of the virginal birth;
    2) You don't even know what religion I am by that statement;
    3) Again you assume to know MY POSITION about "going to hell " & belief in the Bible.

    It is apparent that you have a viewpoint that only sees this one way & can't see it from another's viewpoint which IS essentially the entirety of the issue that Zapp brought up.

  6. #114
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    I do really believe that. It is called being rational and using the reason that Nature gave me. I guess It passed you by when rationality and reason were being passed out. You should look up the scientific process and you would understand where I am coming from. Science can answer every single question that exist. It may take some time but it is the process to Truth.
    I really don't have a lot of time for someone who takes a social issue & makes it personal.

    I could start to spout of my SAT scores, my IQ scores, my college degree, my straight As in Trig & Calc blah blah blah....

    I have spent much of life applying logic & reason to the spiritual. That's why I am @ where I am. I have demonstrated my spiritual abilities to many people. It's a gift I have developed & I use to help others when I can. I don't need your seal of approval nor anyone else's.

    The issue was here was the BB.

    I have no problem with others promoting their ideas or beliefs. I think it is rather unintelligent to promote one's ideas by implying that non-believers are somehow "stupid". Doesn't accomplish much outside of finding others who also agree that non-believers are "stupid."

  7. #115
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    First off it is not even slightly close to what you said. Here is what you said,

    Obviously a huge difference between attacking the myth that Christian have sole ownership of the soltice season and trying to piss of as many Christians as possible. If you cannot see the difference then I guess it is another case where I say white and you say black for the sake of being confrentational.

    Show me where I called anyone on this thread a name. I did not. I am being up front and communicating honestly, if you cannot do that, then I guess we cannot have a discussion.
    I think quite a few people here would agree with me that stated intent belies the hidden actual intent.


    And if you don't think that ATTACKING THAT MYTH wouldn't piss off a few christians then guess again.

  8. #116

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    From CoachSparky



    1) Never said anything about buying into the story or myth of the virginal birth;
    2) You don't even know what religion I am by that statement;
    3) Again you assume to know MY POSITION about "going to hell " & belief in the Bible.

    It is apparent that you have a viewpoint that only sees this one way & can't see it from another's viewpoint which IS essentially the entirety of the issue that Zapp brought up.
    Again you make a completely erroneous assumption about my viewpoint. I absolutely can see it from the other side. The other side wants to claim they are being persecuted because they have been taught Christians will be persecuted. The fact is the other side cannot be honest about why they feel the way they do about it. They project into the intentions of the bb author because it fits their world view even though it does not even approach being even slightly true.

    1) I never said that you did buy into any story or myth about the virginal birth;
    2) I never said that I did know what religion you were and I did not need to to know that you are being oversensitive about your religion and expecting to see attacks if you IMAGINE an attack in this billboard;
    3) I don's assume anything about your position I just take your word for what the literally mean. If you did not mean to say what you said, I suggest you attempt to reword your statements.

  9. #117

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    I think quite a few people here would agree with me that stated intent belies the hidden actual intent.


    And if you don't think that ATTACKING THAT MYTH wouldn't piss off a few christians then guess again.
    It is a myth that they own the season and I could care less if it pisses of a few Christians to speak the truth. The truth is a light that should always be shared. If you do not like the truth then don't read these threads because I will always but always state the TRUTH, it means a lot to me.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •