Last edited by coachsparky; 12-12-2010 at 05:07 PM.
First off it is not even slightly close to what you said. Here is what you said,
Obviously a huge difference between attacking the myth that Christian have sole ownership of the soltice season and trying to piss of as many Christians as possible. If you cannot see the difference then I guess it is another case where I say white and you say black for the sake of being confrentational.I would bet that if you asked the BB creator what his intent was, he might say "to piss off as many christians as possible."
Show me where I called anyone on this thread a name. I did not. I am being up front and communicating honestly, if you cannot do that, then I guess we cannot have a discussion.
1) Never said anything about buying into the story or myth of the virginal birth;If you want to buy into that myth then have at it that is your choice but it is just silliness and oversensitivity to claim that the billboard is calling anyone an idiot.
It is very apparent to me that you are reading something into this billboard that the authors did not intend because you are oversensitive about your religion and expect attacks.
Exact same words my brother in law used but trust me, your position and his both advice that aren't you scared (ie afraid) of going to hell, well then you should suspend your ability to think rationally and believe the Bible.
2) You don't even know what religion I am by that statement;
3) Again you assume to know MY POSITION about "going to hell " & belief in the Bible.
It is apparent that you have a viewpoint that only sees this one way & can't see it from another's viewpoint which IS essentially the entirety of the issue that Zapp brought up.
I could start to spout of my SAT scores, my IQ scores, my college degree, my straight As in Trig & Calc blah blah blah....
I have spent much of life applying logic & reason to the spiritual. That's why I am @ where I am. I have demonstrated my spiritual abilities to many people. It's a gift I have developed & I use to help others when I can. I don't need your seal of approval nor anyone else's.
The issue was here was the BB.
I have no problem with others promoting their ideas or beliefs. I think it is rather unintelligent to promote one's ideas by implying that non-believers are somehow "stupid". Doesn't accomplish much outside of finding others who also agree that non-believers are "stupid."
1) I never said that you did buy into any story or myth about the virginal birth;
2) I never said that I did know what religion you were and I did not need to to know that you are being oversensitive about your religion and expecting to see attacks if you IMAGINE an attack in this billboard;
3) I don's assume anything about your position I just take your word for what the literally mean. If you did not mean to say what you said, I suggest you attempt to reword your statements.